No announcement yet.

Micro Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe it's about fake names. Barry Alan Pincus and Suzanne Marie Mahoney. Probably a rabbit hole. I was surprised he pushed us to watch Dancing With The Stars. Maybe he's telling us to stay in for the winter?

Edit: I'm also curious if he will go past scrapbook 200. Two hundred seems like a nice round number to stop at, only time will tell
    Last edited by WarriorManRB; 12-06-2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• If you're suggesting that the TC is "buried" in the traditional sense (i.e., with dirt deliberately put on top of the TC by Mr. Fenn), I tend to disagree with this scenario. But how about thinking in terms of how someone like Davy Crockett or Daniel Boone might talk about a bear? The pronunciation might be kinda like "bar". So if you are searching during the summer (which I think is what FF wants us to do), in an area known for having bears, you might have a (note the old-fashioned pronunciation) "bar-ry summer". Just one way of looking at this, for what it's worth -- or not. I don't plan to be in close proximaty to a bear while searching for the chest. And here's a (to me, anyway) rather interesting coincidence . . . I have seen postings on some of the
      blogs that mention the name Neil (as in Neil Armstrong or Neil Diamond). Neil Diamond had a song called Suzanne.
      Last edited by Old Pilot; 12-06-2018, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
        And here's a (to me, anyway) rather interesting coincidence . . . I have seen postings on some of the
        blogs that mention the name Neil (as in Neil Armstrong or Neil Diamond). Neil Diamond had a song called Suzanne.
        The name Neil is derived from an Irish king Niall. He was the only child of the king’s 2nd wife and as she feared the creulty and danger of the 1st wife, she left the newborn exposed. He was protected by birds and raised by a poet. When of age he returned. The king (Eochaid) was asked by his 1st wife (Mongfind) to settle succession hoping he would choose one of her sons.

Eochaid gives the task to a druid, Sithchenn, who devises a contest between the brothers, shutting them in a burning forge, telling them to save what they can, and judging them based on which objects they choose to save. Niall, who emerges carrying an anvil, is deemed greater than Brión, with a sledgehammer, Fiachrae with bellows and a pail of beer, Ailill with a chest of weapons, and Fergus with a bundle of wood. Mongfind refuses to accept the decision.

Sithchenn takes the brothers to the smith, who makes them weapons, and sends them out hunting. Each brother in turn goes looking for water, and finds a well guarded by a hideous hag who demands a kiss in return for water. Fergus and Ailill refuse and return empty-handed. Fiachrae gives her a quick peck, but not enough to satisfy her. Only Niall kisses her properly, and she is revealed as a beautiful maiden, the Sovereignty of Ireland. She grants Niall not only water but the kingship for many generations – twenty-six of his descendants will be High Kings of Ireland.

Comment

Working...
        X