Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is planning for Brown Trout and Brown Bears

Bringing my Fly Rod

I don't fish, and I'm pretty unbearable to boot.
    When you find yourself at the end of the rainbow, you'll have found what you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post
      I don't fish, and I'm pretty unbearable to boot.
      I am a redneck so I am going fishing while I am out there after I don't find the treasure. If you see me selling my fishing gear to carry somerthing else you know I found something more valuable then my rod. Probably should re-phrase that.......

Comment

Originally posted by John Smith View Post
        I am a redneck so I am going fishing while I am out there after I don't find the treasure. If you see me selling my fishing gear to carry somerthing else you know I found something more valuable then my rod. Probably should re-phrase that.......
        That's cool. I'm planning a complete mental breakdown for my next failed BOTG personally. Different strokes for different folks. /cough
        When you find yourself at the end of the rainbow, you'll have found what you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post

That's cool. I'm planning a complete mental breakdown for my next failed BOTG personally. Different strokes for different folks. /cough
          HaHa - How many humbles in a humble pie can you eat

Comment

HaHa - How many humbles in a humble pie can you eat
            I'm preying for cowble pie next trip.

Comment

It doesn't have to be Brown trout.

Comment

Originally posted by OreDigger View Post
                It doesn't have to be Brown trout.
                Yes, but I specifically went fishing for Brown trout. Not getting a whole lot of action up in here. Either not using the right bait or not in the right stream. They may still be in warmer waters.
                probably just a bad fisherman

Comment

There’s a new game in town, Brown cow is where it’s at.

Comment

Yes, but I specifically went fishing for Brown trout. Not getting a whole lot of action up in here. Either not using the right bait or not in the right stream. They may still be in warmer waters.
                    probably just a bad fisherman
                    Brown trout are particular. Bait selection is vital. Dig up a handful of muck and see what critters are in it. That's what they are feeding on at the moment. But they are also intelligent fish. So once you catch one and let it back he goes and tells his friends all about the experience, and they adjust their tactics.

Anothet option is fishing at the bottom of a spillway, rapid or waterfall. At locations like these the food is all mixed up, so their feeding pattern is more opportunistic, and they will hit on most anything.
                    Last edited by OreDigger; 01-12-2019, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I have never fly fished before, but would love to give it a try!

Comment

If the treasure is in a location where there are brown bears, AKA griz, then this really restricts your search area. Within the four States you will only find browns in Montana and Wyoming. So long Colorado and New Mexico. (I never thought it was in Colorado or New Mexico in the first place.)

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_bear:

"The brown bear has lost 98% of its habitat in the lower 48 states. About 95% of the brown bear population in the United States is in Alaska, though in the lower 48 states, they are repopulating gradually but steadily along the Rockies and the western Great Plains.[147][148] The Alaskan population is estimated at 32,000 individuals.[149] The largest populations of brown bears in the lower 48 states are found in the 23,300-km2 Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem and the 24,800-km2 Northern Continental Divide Ecosystem.[150] The Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem of northwest Wyoming is estimated to hold about 674–839 grizzly bears, followed slightly the Northern Continental Divide Ecosystem of northwest Montana with about 765 animals, the Cabinet-Yaak Ecosystem of northwest Montana and northeast Idaho with about 42–65 bears of the species, the Selkirk Ecosystem of northeast Washington and northwest Idaho with only about 40–50 animals and even less the North Cascades Ecosystem of northcentral Washington with about 5–10 grizzlies.[151][152][153][154]"

Comment

I hope to cast a few lines in FF's secret spot this summer when I go to my search spot again. His secret spot picture he provided in his TTotC book is just loaded with trout. I went this summer for the first time and was unable to finish "no place for the meek" due to some physical issues but I will be ready this year. I have had to redo the poem several times but things definitely align right. I am pretty sure my area is correct and when I found the starting point a couple days ago after researching my area again and after reading the book 3 times I am really confident now about it. I started in the wrong spot this summer but my solve ends in the same spot I was heading too. I sent Forrest my solve to his poem after I was blessed to have found the starting point. He probably won't respond but it would be really cool if he did. If I do find it I will definitely give Mr Fenn his bracelet back, no charge! I would love to read his autobiography, that is one thing I would keep. Good luck to everyone in the chase and be safe!

​​​​​​
                          Last edited by MWise725; 01-12-2019, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MWise725 View Post
                            I hope to cast a few lines in FF's secret spot this summer when I go to my search spot again. His secret spot picture he provided in his TTotC book is just loaded with trout. I went this summer for the first time and was unable to finish "no place for the meek" due to some physical issues but I will be ready this year. I have had to redo the poem several times but things definitely align right. I am pretty sure my area is correct and when I found the starting point a couple days ago after researching my area again and after reading the book 3 times I am really confident now about it. I started in the wrong spot this summer but my solve ends in the same spot I was heading too. I sent Forrest my solve to his poem after I was blessed to have found the starting point. He probably won't respond but it would be really cool if he did. If I do find it I will definitely give Mr Fenn his bracelet back, no charge! I would love to read his autobiography, that is one thing I would keep. Good luck to everyone in the chase and be safe!

​​​​​​
                            I think that picture of a zillion trout all crammed together in TTOTC is clearly a picture of a fish hatchery. Talk about fish in a barrel, but that's exactly where the smart bears go in Alaska

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

I think that picture of a zillion trout all crammed together in TTOTC is clearly a picture of a fish hatchery. Talk about fish in a barrel, but that's exactly where the smart bears go in Alaska
                              How to shoot fish in a barrel:

https://youtu.be/Pd-MpXCMcIs

Comment

Working...
                              X