X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home of Record

https://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/97268#151915

Notice the home of record, Waco Tx.

Midland is 320 miles from Waco, when I was in the service your home of record was the town you lived in and when your enlistment was up the military paid to get you back to your home which was an important reason to make sure it's right.

Home of record.............. Waco texas
    hoB.....................Waco was an Indian tribe in east texas
    waco also means a bit crazy
    hoB is crazy? or is hoB a tribe?
    Just thinking about hint hoB, maybe, either that or there is Two Forrest Fenn.

Comment

You can't fly to Temple on a large passenger plane, so you fly to Waco (closest airport with service) and drive to Temple.

Comment

Waco anagrams to A cow
        put in below the Brown Cow A which could be a barn maybe.
        maybe ff parked his sedan in a old Brown cow barn. I mean come on people this ain’t rocket science

Comment

Think of it like a cash cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post
            You can't fly to Temple on a large passenger plane, so you fly to Waco (closest airport with service) and drive to Temple.
            It costs less and is more convenient to fly to Austin then drive to Waco. Done it many times. Keep an eye out for Texas State troopers. They profile rental cars. Got a ticket outside of Cornell once that wasn't a pleasurable experience.

Comment

Nobody from Midland is going to be driving to Waco to look for the treasure unless they are waco.

Comment

Originally posted by OreDigger View Post

It costs less and is more convenient to fly to Austin then drive to Waco. Done it many times. Keep an eye out for Texas State troopers. They profile rental cars. Got a ticket outside of Cornell once that wasn't a pleasurable experience.
                I'm sure that's true, but American does fly to Waco, and we are talking about 1950s, before interstates were king. Central Texas is almost unrecognizable compared to back then in many ways. Temple to Waco is the shorter drive and that was probably of more importance in those days. I'm just postulating as to why Waco was Forrest's home of record.

Comment

It's a hint, postulate it as a hint.

Comment

So I'm home now, and I took a moment to look up what home of record means:

Home of Record is defined as the state where you first enlisted or from where you received a commission from one of the branches of armed services. HOR determines certain benefits, such as travel allowance back to your state when you leave the military.

Waco is as good as any other place since it is fairly close to Waco. Fort Hood is in Kileen, Texas, and that's right next door to Temple, and while Hood is an Army base, all military bases have services for all of the other services.

This likely doesn't have much to do with the treasure, but research into Fenn's past isn't uncommon in this search. When Fenn was asked if there were hints in TTOTC he replied yes, since the poem is in the book. I believe that there are other, as Fenn said, subtle hints in the book, but they are not hints about the treasure. They are hints about the person that placed the treasure, so he is telling us that reading the book will let you know more about him, and that is a clue. Remember that this entire chase is about Fenn leaving his legacy. He wants us to know about him, and he wants the treasure to ensure his legacy. The more we can learn about his life can give us, I believe, more insight into his thinking, and that's the real clue from his book.

Comment

Your just not trying hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Imsunbuddynow View Post
                        Waco anagrams to A cow
                        put in below the Brown Cow A which could be a barn maybe.
                        maybe ff parked his sedan in a old Brown cow barn. I mean come on people this ain’t rocket science
                        It's not (much) entertainment either. But if it gives you a reason to get up in the morning, then a purpose is served.

Comment

Your gonna wish you had listened to me.

Comment

Are you at the Dr. Pepper museum?

Comment

I’m at the tequila engineering, research and developmental center.

Comment

Working...
                              X