Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contest - Best Anagram from the Poem!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Metalman View Post
    Do we just post our anagram on here?
    Yes, with an explanation (line or stanza, whatever).
    I have the soul of a gypsy, heart of a hippie, and the spirit of a fairy.

    Comment


    • #47
      If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,
      Look quickly down, your quest to cease,

      few bush books WE on one tree
      cod you queue quiz key LOVE
      cant say i didnt fall

      ...along the ledges worn by patient feet...

      Comment


      • #48

        Locate Ken from the reefer mosh pit

        (From the line of the poem, "From there it's no place for the meek".)

        Comment


        • #49

          Seek thermal mother of perfection

          (From the line of the poem, "From there it's no place for the meek".)

          Comment


          • #50


            Emmcee hiker of hot porn star fleet

            (From the line of the poem, "From there it's no place for the meek".)





            Sorry, I couldn't resist adding this one. How often can you get the words, "hot porn star" in an anagram?!

            Those are my three. Good luck everyone!

            Comment


            • #51
              "And with my treasures bold,
              I can keep my secret where,
              And hint of riches new and old."

              anagram #1

              We drink,
              and,
              Dr. Fenn whispers to try his new clue
              Reteach math beside a moldy canoe

              Comment


              • #52
                This is the entire poem anagrammed into a story, using only one line at a time. I had to study a line below in order for the line above it to make sense, while entwining other lines for a story. Not an easy task. But all & all fun to do. Please excuse one word, it can be deleted.


                As I have gone alone in there ------------------ As I have gone alone in there,
                And with my treasures bold, -------------------- with bear snouts redly mad,
                I can keep my secret where --------------------- I'm the new scarce prey, EKE!
                And hint of riches new and old. ----------------- I hand, rifle and nod, NOW CHEST!

                Begin it where warm waters halt --------------- I began west trail, where warmth,
                And take it in the canyon down ---------------- I hike down canyon and tent at
                Not far but too far to walk ---------------------- Brown, took out a flat raft.
                Put in below the home of Brown --------------- When I of the Tom Brown pueblo,

                From there it's no place for the meek, --------- I stop. He marketer of french omelet.
                The end is ever drawing nigh; ------------------ He dish egg, I rant - VENDER WIN!
                There'll be no paddle up your creek ---------- He yelp, BEAR POLLUTED 'ROUND CREEK,
                Just heavy loads and water high -------------- JAW DEATH ADVISORY, then laughs.

                If you've been wise and found the blaze, ---- I wave bye to ensue fun of hidden blaze.
                Look quickly down your quest to cease, ----- Now quease, quickly took, to cursedly,
                But tarry scant with marvel gaze, ------------- that river waltz.(walk). BEAR SCAT, MY GUN!
                Just take the chest and go in peace ---------- HE ATTACKS, I EJECT GUNSHOT AND PEE.

                So why is it that I must go, ----------------------- It wigs out as my shot hit -Or- I shit out twig as my shot.
                And leave my trove for all to seek, ------------- Tom of valley serve tender Koala.
                The answers I already know, -------------------- I then saw real rowdy snake,
                I've done it tired and now I'm weak ------------ I know it view me! I run to dead-end

                So hear me all and listen good, ----------------- and see, giant hole, small door.
                Your effort will be worth the cold. --------------- I bully effort threw low-tech door,
                If you are brave and in the wood, --------------- Yea!, I've found horde at rainbow.
                I give you title to the gold. ------------------------ I'VE HIT GOLD, YOU GET TOILET!
                Last edited by OH!!; 01-13-2019, 11:51 PM.
                "SSShhh!. Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits with my imagination", I've a nice pack to stuff you in "Wabbit! "huh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh". Mr. OH!

                Comment


                • #53
                  OH-OH! my god.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Ok, Elmer wins close contest

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by OH-OH! View Post
                      This is the entire poem anagrammed into a story, using only one line at a time. I had to study a line below in order for the line above it to make sense, while entwining other lines for a story. Not an easy task. But all & all fun to do. Please excuse one word, it can be deleted.


                      As I have gone alone in there ------------------ As I have gone alone in there,
                      And with my treasures bold, -------------------- with bear snouts redly mad.
                      I can keep my secret where --------------------- I'm the new scarce prey, EKE!
                      And hint of riches new and old. ----------------- I hand rifle and nod, NOW CHEST!

                      Begin it where warm waters halt --------------- I began west trail, where warmth,
                      And take it in the canyon down ---------------- I hike down canyon and tent at
                      Not far but too far to walk ---------------------- Brown, took out a flat raft.
                      Put in below the home of Brown --------------- When I of the Tom Brown pueblo,

                      From there it's no place for the meek, --------- I stop. He marketer of french omelet.
                      The end is ever drawing nigh; ------------------ He dish egg, I rant - VENDER WIN!
                      There'll be no paddle up your creek ---------- He yelp, BEAR POLLUTED 'ROUND CREEK,
                      Just heavy loads and water high -------------- JAW DEATH ADVISORY, then laughs.

                      If you've been wise and found the blaze, ---- I wave bye to ensue fun of hidden blaze.
                      Look quickly down your quest to cease, ----- Now quease, quickly took, to cursedly,
                      But tarry scant with marvel gaze, ------------- that river waltz.(walk). BEAR SCAT, MY GUN!
                      Just take the chest and go in peace ---------- HE ATTACKS, I EJECT GUNSHOT AND PEE.

                      So why is it that I must go, ----------------------- It wigs out as my shot hit -Or- I shit out twig as my shot.
                      And leave my trove for all to seek, ------------- Tom of valley serve tender Koala.
                      The answers I already know, -------------------- I then saw real rowdy snake,
                      I've done it tired and now I'm weak ------------ I know it view me! I run to dead-end

                      So hear me all and listen good, ----------------- and see, giant hole, small door.
                      Your effort will be worth the cold. --------------- I bully effort threw low-tech door,
                      If you are brave and in the wood, --------------- Yea!, I've found horde at rainbow.
                      I give you title to the gold. ------------------------ I'VE HIT GOLD, YOU GET TOILET!
                      If this indeed uses every letter and leaves EVERY line with 0 letters left perfectly (and I’m not going to check), I will concede.

                      If so, we’ll done, OH-OH!

                      mm
                      Last edited by minotaur_moreno; 01-12-2019, 11:06 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by OH-OH! View Post
                        This is the entire poem anagrammed into a story, using only one line at a time. I had to study a line below in order for the line above it to make sense, while entwining other lines for a story. Not an easy task. But all & all fun to do. Please excuse one word, it can be deleted.


                        As I have gone alone in there ------------------ As I have gone alone in there,
                        And with my treasures bold, -------------------- with bear snouts redly mad.
                        I can keep my secret where --------------------- I'm the new scarce prey, EKE!
                        And hint of riches new and old. ----------------- I hand rifle and nod, NOW CHEST!

                        Begin it where warm waters halt --------------- I began west trail, where warmth,
                        And take it in the canyon down ---------------- I hike down canyon and tent at
                        Not far but too far to walk ---------------------- Brown, took out a flat raft.
                        Put in below the home of Brown --------------- When I of the Tom Brown pueblo,

                        From there it's no place for the meek, --------- I stop. He marketer of french omelet.
                        The end is ever drawing nigh; ------------------ He dish egg, I rant - VENDER WIN!
                        There'll be no paddle up your creek ---------- He yelp, BEAR POLLUTED 'ROUND CREEK,
                        Just heavy loads and water high -------------- JAW DEATH ADVISORY, then laughs.

                        If you've been wise and found the blaze, ---- I wave bye to ensue fun of hidden blaze.
                        Look quickly down your quest to cease, ----- Now quease, quickly took, to cursedly,
                        But tarry scant with marvel gaze, ------------- that river waltz.(walk). BEAR SCAT, MY GUN!
                        Just take the chest and go in peace ---------- HE ATTACKS, I EJECT GUNSHOT AND PEE.

                        So why is it that I must go, ----------------------- It wigs out as my shot hit -Or- I shit out twig as my shot.
                        And leave my trove for all to seek, ------------- Tom of valley serve tender Koala.
                        The answers I already know, -------------------- I then saw real rowdy snake,
                        I've done it tired and now I'm weak ------------ I know it view me! I run to dead-end

                        So hear me all and listen good, ----------------- and see, giant hole, small door.
                        Your effort will be worth the cold. --------------- I bully effort threw low-tech door,
                        If you are brave and in the wood, --------------- Yea!, I've found horde at rainbow.
                        I give you title to the gold. ------------------------ I'VE HIT GOLD, YOU GET TOILET!
                        That last line is enough for me. Give it to @HO-HO! !
                        Active solves: 1 Abandoned solves: 0 Search state: NM Search trips: 5 Days spent BotG: 20

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

                          If this indeed uses every letter and leaves EVERY line with 0 letters left perfectly (and I’m not going to check), I will concede.

                          If so, we’ll done, OH-OH!

                          mm
                          It is letter for letter, but a bit strange. Thanks all.
                          "SSShhh!. Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits with my imagination", I've a nice pack to stuff you in "Wabbit! "huh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh". Mr. OH!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            As I have gone alone in there =

                            goonies reveal the nine Aha

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              There are some great ones. I'd be interested to know what made people look for anagrams. And what they'd derive from it. Could be something.
                              Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                                There are some great ones. I'd be interested to know what made people look for anagrams. And what they'd derive from it. Could be something.
                                I don't know if there is a Anagram, but you can't discount it. Doesn't feel like there is one. Somebody went on a fishing expedition, but not any different than the rest of us.
                                Last edited by John Smith; 01-13-2019, 05:05 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X