Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BRAVO ZULU to Sensei Mike Lurker this week. I hear wise OP baying and ho humming.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRAVO ZULU to Sensei Mike Lurker this week. I hear wise OP baying and ho humming.

You have a unique skill set....What say you Old Pilot?

Sounds like a personal attack, a whole thread for it and all

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorManRB View Post
      Sounds like a personal attack, a whole thread for it and all
      Not at all. Intended as compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by John Smith View Post

Not at all. Intended as compliment.
        You should be a little clearer in your post then. I still don't understand its purpose

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorManRB View Post

You should be a little clearer in your post then. I still don't understand its purpose
          10-4
          It is a metaphor that has a previous thread, nothing more.

Comment

Angkor WAT
            When you find yourself at the end of the rainbow, you'll have found what you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by John Smith View Post
              You have a unique skill set....
              Haha, I am very much a jack of all trades and a master of none.

I know a little bit about everything, but not a lot about anything.

I am more of an expansive, broad, big-picture thinker, I try to see the whole diamond rather than thinking deeply about a single facet.

I accept there are many things I will never know and most of those things are of no significance to my life. Things like whether the earth is round or flat, as I have not been high enough to see for myself. Or whether we went and actually set foot on the moon or not because I can't tell if Gus Grissom's death was an accident or a plan to silence him?

I'm a dualist, I believe we are eternal spirits inside mortal bodies while we are here in this life, with our bodies functioning like space suits in this strange place/prison planet we call earth.

For our muscles to grow stronger, they must be challenged with work and they will atrophy in the absence of exercise.

So too I believe our spirits must also be challenged in order to grow and that the purpose of our lives here. Therefore everything in this life is a spiritual challenge, although we often do not recognize or realize it. These spiritual challenges are presented to us in this life to help us grow the spiritual wings we will need to soar into the next.

It gets really weird from here, and that weirdness is compounded and exacerbated by the brevity that I will only touch on these concepts here...

I believe this life is part unalterable fate and part freewill. There are things we can and do change with the decisions we make, but there are limits to what and how much we can change.

Most of my beliefs are founded on what I still remembered when I was around five years old and still pure in spirit. Much of what I still remembered then faded quickly over the following few years and only a few poignant memories of that time have remained with me since. One of them is that we chose the life we have, knowing then, the challenges we would face in it. And we agreed to live it by those terms.

Choosing this life we are living was like choosing classes in college. We chose the challenges we would face because we needed them to achieve spiritual growth in certain areas to attain some goal we are seeking in the spiritual realm. Just as in college where we choose certain classes that are required to achieve a certain degree we desire.

Part of our selection process was made when we were purely beings of love. Love is the only thing that is real or lasting in all of what know as eternity. This is why some chose to live lives we would consider as horrible, in part so that someone else would not have to. If there is a God, then why doesn't He save the starving children? The answer we should already know, if only we could simply remember why we are here. But losing that memory as we transition out of early childhood to become totally immersed in this spiritual test we call life, was one of the terms of our acceptance of it.

I find none of these concepts to be irreconcilable with the core teachings of Judaism, Christianity or the ancient Chinese worship of Shang Di. My beliefs are probably closest aligned with Gnostic Christianity, Taoism, and Zen Buddhism, although I wouldn't call myself a devoted practitioner of any of them.

I say all of that to give some context to how I see Forrest Fenn's Chase.

WARNING: Some serious Wu in what follows:

I don't think Forrest knows who will find the chest because I think he knows or at least has long had a "gut feeling" since he first got the idea to hide it, that it would not be someone he already knew in this life. But it will be someone he knows a lot about spiritually. I believe he will meet the finder in person before he passes. In that respect, I am in no hurry to see it found.

I'm a collector of sorts myself, mostly of crap of no importance or value to most other people. If I had the money to spare, I would like to buy a Colt WWII 1911 because of what they represent. I have fondled a few over the years that I could not afford. I have a reverence for them because I honor those men who carried them into those epic battles.

A couple of years ago I came across a pair of WWII vintage German Lugers with swastikas on them that were priced at $900 each. Maybe not the best deal on them, but affordable to me at the time. I asked to handle them and salesperson obliged me. As he handed me the first one I was overcome with an overwhelming sick feeling. Everything that pistol represented suddenly and unexpectedly repulsed me. My mind was flooded with hundreds of thoughts in an instant and all of them disgusted me. Not only did I instantly realize I never wanted anything relating to the Nazi's in my home. I didn't even want to hold it.

I immediately handed it back to the salesperson, probably within a couple of seconds. I imagine I had a sheepish queasy look on my face as I was that physically shaken by what I had felt when I held it so briefly. Without a word spoken, he returned it to its place under the glass display counter and I walked away in silence knowing I wasn't the first person that had happened to. Now I think I know why Nazi Lugers are so affordable compared to WWII 1911's.

So I'm the guy that would not take the chest if I were so lucky as to find it someday if it had the same effect on me as that Luger.

I would want to place a hand on it and meditate for a few minutes before I decided whether to open it or not. If I felt bad vibes I would leave it unopened, walk back to the car and tell my wife I was finished with Chase and let's go do some vacation stuff before returning home from vacation.

I would only open it to inspect it and take it if it felt right or if I felt nothing at all from touching it. It might be a curse on me to take it otherwise, which would not necessarily apply to anyone else.

Forrest has said, "I have decided that having enough money is a lot better than having a lot of money."

As I have considered this I have come to realize that while I don't know what having a lot of money is like because I have worked most of my life to be relatively secure in the lower middle class, I am blessed and thankful to realize that has been enough and that will probably get by just fine if that is how I finish my life. So while finding the chest would increase my personal financial wealth many times over, I am not so greedy that I would risk taking it if I thought it would cause me to suffer spirituality.

No matter what, more than likely, that chest is going to cause the finder a whole lot of problems they are not expecting and not prepared to deal with because every blessing comes with hidden curses, just as every curse comes with hidden blessings.

I think Forrest designed the Chase to foil those with greed as their only motive. Perhaps to help ensure the finder is someone more able to deal with the consequences of finding it.

Now consider the old saying, "He took the bait, hook line, and sinker."

Almost all of the fishing I have ever done has been in Georgia lakes with night crawler worms fishing for mostly bream, crappie, and catfish. What you will find is that smart bream and crappie will not attempt to take the worm in one bite where you can set the hook. Rather they will nibble at the worm and you will reel in a clean hook instead of a fish. The fish benefits by getting a free meal that way.

Going all in with the main focus on getting the chest may very well be exactly what the Chase is designed to prevent.

If so, then the secret could be figuring out how not to be blinded by greed and finding a way to nibble your way to discovering its location without the chest being your primary motivation.

The fact Forrest said the person he knows of who has been the closest was wealthy and did not continue searching for it. They very well may have made that one trip more to see if they could locate it with no intention of even taking it themselves. I say that because if it was a wealthy friend of Forrest, he probably would not want to wreck the Chase Forrest worked so hard to create by taking a chest he didn't need.

I think it is possible the chest was one of those predetermined things decided in the spiritual realm long before we chose our lives, where Forrest would leave the chest for the certain person destined to find it. If this is so, then there is no such thing as cheating because fate has already decided who the finder is. The only question that would remain is when will the finder find this out?

In other words, like the sword Excaliber, Arthur did not choose to draw the sword from the stone, it was the sword that chose Arthur.

So too, I believe it is the chest that will choose its finder and not the finder that will have chosen to find the chest.

I hope at least some of this makes some sense.

And I hope at least someone here was not disappointed by reading all of this post for nothing.
              Last edited by LurkerMike; 01-12-2019, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post

Haha, I am very much a jack of all trades and a master of none.

I know a little bit about everything, but not a lot about anything.

I am more of an expansive, broad, big-picture thinker, I try to see the whole diamond rather than thinking deeply about a single facet.

I accept there are many things I will never know and most of those things are of no significance to my life. Things like whether the earth is round or flat, as I have not been high enough to see for myself. Or whether we went and actually set foot on the moon or not because I can't tell if Gus Grissom's death was an accident or a plan to silence him?

I'm a dualist, I believe we are eternal spirits inside mortal bodies while we are here in this life, with our bodies functioning like space suits in this strange place/prison planet we call earth.

For our muscles to grow stronger, they must be challenged with work and they will atrophy in the absence of exercise.

So too I believe our spirits must also be challenged in order to grow and that the purpose of our lives here. Therefore everything in this life is a spiritual challenge, although we often do not recognize or realize it. These spiritual challenges are presented to us in this life to help us grow the spiritual wings we will need to soar into the next.

It gets really weird from here, and that weirdness is compounded and exacerbated by the brevity that I will only touch on these concepts here...

I believe this life is part unalterable fate and part freewill. There are things we can and do change with the decisions we make, but there are limits to what and how much we can change.

Most of my beliefs are founded on what I still remembered when I was around five years old and still pure in spirit. Much of what I still remembered then faded quickly over the following few years and only a few poignant memories of that time have remained with me since. One of them is that we chose the life we have knowing then, the challenges we would face in it, and we agreed to those terms to live it.

Choosing this life we are living was like choosing classes in college. We chose the challenges we would face because we needed them to achieve spiritual growth in certain areas to attain some goal we are seeking in the spiritual realm. Just like in college where we seek a certain degree that we desire.

Part of our selection process was made when we were purely beings of love. Love is the only thing that is real or lasting in all of what know as eternity. This is why some chose to live lives we would consider as horrible, in part so that someone else would not have to. If there is a God, then why doesn't He save the starving children? The answer we should already know, if only we could simply remember why we are here. But losing that memory as we transition out of early childhood to become totally immersed in this spiritual test we call life, was one of the terms of our acceptance of it.

I find none of these concepts to be irreconcilable with the core teachings of Judaism, Christianity or the ancient Chinese worship of Shang Di. My beliefs are probably closest aligned with Gnostic Christianity, Taoism, and Zen Buddhism, although I wouldn't call myself a devoted practitioner of any of them.

I say all of that to give some context to how I see Forrest Fenn's Chase.

WARNING: Some serious Wu in what follows:

I don't think Forrest knows who will find the chest because I think he knows or at least has long had a "gut feeling" since he first got the idea to hide it, that it would not be someone he already knew in this life. But it will be someone he knows a lot about spiritually. I believe he will meet the finder in person before he passes. In that respect, I am in no hurry to see it found.

I'm a collector of sorts myself, mostly of crap of no importance or value to most other people. If I had the money to spare, I would like to buy a Colt WWII 1911 because of what they represent. I have fondled a few over the years that I could not afford. I have a reverence for them because I honor those men who carried them into those epic battles.

A couple of years ago I came across a pair of WWII vintage German Lugers that were priced at $900 each. Maybe not the best deal on them, but affordable to me at the time. I asked to handle them and salesperson obliged me. As he handed me the first one I was overcome with an overwhelming sick feeling. Everything that pistol represented suddenly and unexpectedly repulsed me. My mind was flooded with hundreds of thoughts in an instant and all of them disgusted me. Not only did I instantly realize I never wanted anything relating to the Nazi's in my home. I didn't even want to hold it. I handed it back to the salesperson, probably within a couple of seconds and I imagine with a sheepish queasy look on my face as I was that shaken by what I felt. Without a word spoken, he returned it to its place under the glass display counter and I walked away in silence knowing I wasn't the first person that had happened to. And why Nazi Lugers are so affordable compared to WWII 1911's.

I'm the guy that might not take the chest if I found it had the same effect on me as that Luger.

I would want to place a hand on it and meditate for a few minutes before I decided whether to open it or not. If I felt bad vibes I would leave it unopened, walk back to the car and tell my wife I was finished with Chase and let's go do some vacation stuff before returning home from vacation.

I would only open it to inspect it and take it if it felt right or I felt nothing at all from touching it. It might be a curse on me to take it otherwise, which would not necessarily apply to anyone else.

Forrest has said, "I have decided that having enough money is a lot better than having a lot of money."

As I have considered this I have come to realize that while I don't know what having a lot of money is like because I have worked most of my life to be relatively secure in the lower middle class, I am blessed and thankful to realize that has been enough and that will probably get by just fine if that is how I finish my life. So while finding the chest would increase my personal financial wealth many times over, I am not so greedy that I would risk taking it if it would cause me to suffer a spiritual loss.

More than likely, that chest is going to cause the finder a whole lot of problems they are not expecting and not prepared to deal with because every blessing comes with hidden curses, just as every curse comes with hidden blessings.

I think Forrest designed the Chase to foil those with greed as their only motive.

Consider the old saying, "He took the bait, hook line, and sinker."

Almost all of the fishing I have ever done has been in Georgia lake with night crawler worms for mostly bream and crappie. What you will find is smart bream and crappie will not attempt to take the worm in one bite where you can set the hook. Rather they will nibble at the worm and you will reel in a clean hook instead of a fish. The fish gets a free meal that way.

Going all in with the main focus on getting the chest may very well be exactly what the Chase is designed to prevent.

If so, then the secret could be figuring out how not to be blinded by greed and finding a way to nibble your way to discovering its location without the chest being your primary motivation.

The fact Forrest said the person he knows of who has been the closest was wealthy and did not continue searching for it. They very well may have made that one trip more to see if they could locate it with no intention of even taking it themselves. I say that because if it was a wealthy friend of Forrest, he probably would not want to wreck the Chase he must have known Forrest put so much work in creating.

I hope at least someone here was not disappointed by reading all of this post for nothing.

Who are you? #awoke
                A must read!
                #respect

Comment

No disapointment Sensei

Comment

Originally posted by The eventual finder View Post

Who are you? #awoke
                    A must read!
                    #respect
                    Thanks.

You quoted me before I did my last edit to make a few corrections and to add a couple of things I left out. Consider giving it another read and maybe doing a cut and paste into your quote box to update it.

I'm in my mid 50's and was born, raised and have lived in Georgia my entire life. I'm still on my first wife of close to 30 years and we have three grandkids and two dogs. We got married in the drive-through at the Little White Chapple in Vegas. Back then that ceremony was fifty bucks. We had decided that instead of spending money on a wedding entertaining friends and family, we would spend the money in Vegas entertaining ourselves. I hit three small slots and we came back with $300 more than we left with, which I considered to be a pretty good omen. So far it has been.

My goal in high school was to become an underwater welder on oil rigs. That paid up to around $200k a year in the late '70s. That was a lot of money back then, even considering that by around 30 years old you are too old for your body to tolerate it anymore. The Navy UDT (underwater demolition team) was my ticket to get one of those jobs. But that dream ended for me when I was 17 and I was disqualified for military service at MEPS Atlanta for a vision problem I could not get a waiver for.

I only recently learned that Navy Seal Jessie Ventura was not the kind of gun-slinging combat Seal most people think of, rather he was UDT. But Seals and UDT attend the same BUDS training so in fact, UDT are considered Seals despite the different work the UDT and Seals perform. Like the Chase, there was no guarantee I would have achieved that goal as there more than a 50% failure rate in the BUDS training. Since I had certified as a welder in my high school's vocational program, I would have served as a Hull Tech if I would have washed out in the UDT training.

Instead of becoming an underwater welder, I worked fast food in high school, then became a Journeyman Brickmason, Permit Ironworker, Graphic Artist "Stripper", Construction Worker, Auto Mechanic, Teamster Dock Worker, and a Machinist at Lockheed building the C5B Galaxy. I have been an electronics technician and industrial equipment mechanic for close to 30 years since I was laid off at Lockheed when the last Galaxy was built.

Growing up, I spent most weekends with my grandparents who were devout members of a very Southern country fire and brimstone preaching (shouting and screaming) Baptist Church. The only thing that church lacked was snake handling. I continued to study the theology of many religions after that. I am secure enough in my own beliefs and open-minded enough to consider changing them, that I am not offended by other beliefs and perspectives. I am especially interested in ancient religions. Wicca, Paganism, and Demonology don't scare me. But Communism sure does.

I like science too. But not faith-based theory oriented pseudoscience, real repeatably observable cause and effect science. Science that unlike most religion, welcomes challenges to its tenants. Too many people can't tell the difference and believe in religious beliefs that are masquerade as science. I find it amusing that at any point in time, we can look back 100 years or even 50 from then at what were the previous scientific beliefs and practices and laugh at how primitive and wrong the previous generations of scientists were compared to what scientists of their own current day believed. Current scientists, like self-appointed "lead searchers", are convinced they, and they alone, have it all figured out.

They said the Titanic was unsinkable and in the 1950s and 60's that nuclear power was safe because scientists and engineers had it so well figured out that nothing could go wrong, go wrong, go wrong. Well, they are saying the same thing about gene splicing and GMO's today when genetic understanding is at about the same point in our understanding of it and our learning curve as nuclear power was in the 1950s. The CERN collider is another scientific endeavor that I am leery of. But scientists say it is safe, so it must be, right?

I don't consider myself that different or abnormal, rather I like to think I am "uniquely normal."
                    Last edited by LurkerMike; 01-12-2019, 06:17 AM.

Comment

You are on the right frequency.

Comment

Working...
                      X