I'm Sharing My Advantage In The Chase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OreDigger View Post

Really? We all know it's not a dam. (Isn't that what a water gate is?). Other than being a history buff, the only thing I can personally remember about Watergate was the "Watergate meetings" as we called them, on TV all the time. Back then we had 4 channels: ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS. (Lived in a college town, so we had public TV). The Watergate meetings were on all three networks, and at that time of day your choices of PBS fare was usually Lawrence Welk. This is part of the reason why I have never owned a TV in my entire life!
    I need to brush up on my sarcasm delivery technique. We do know that there are no dams. As far as TV goes I grew up in a small rural town and TV reception was iffy at best. You know put tin foil on a set of rabbit ears hope for the best. I was to young and did not pay attention to the Watergate investigation but had nightmares about the Vietnam war. I always watched Gilligan's Island after school and Saturday morning cartoons.

Comment

Poor little rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman View Post
        ...You know put tin foil on a set of rabbit ears hope for the best.
        Originally posted by John Smith View Post
        Poor little rabbit
        We got better reception from our cat:

Click image for larger version

Name:	k2-_bda74fc2-2a37-4bda-81ef-5e67e1b6e1c8.v1.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	74456

Attached Files

Comment

I can’t tell if cat is content or plotting your death.
          Questing (?) song:
          https://soundcloud.com/adamjensenmusic/the-hunter-1

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
            I can’t tell if cat is content or plotting your death.
            Cat is only content WHEN plotting owner's death

Comment

Poor little rabbit
              Click image for larger version

Name:	D407BAF5-E40D-4FDC-A931-63CAF3122D36.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	74460
              When you find yourself at the end of the rainbow, you'll have found what you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post
                When you find yourself at the end of the rainbow, you'll have found what you seek.
                Maybe, maybe not...

Click image for larger version  Name:	2B43384C00000578-3193572-Unreal_Jason_has_spent_10_years_as_an_amateur_storm_chaser_but_i-a-5_1439292927795.jpg Views:	3 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	74475
                Click image for larger version  Name:	rainbow1.png Views:	1 Size:	192.1 KB ID:	74476

Be vewy careful of unexpected consequences of what you are hunting...
                Last edited by LurkerMike; 01-11-2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post
                  Maybe, maybe not...

Click image for larger version Name:	2B43384C00000578-3193572-Unreal_Jason_has_spent_10_years_as_an_amateur_storm_chaser_but_i-a-5_1439292927795.jpg Views:	3 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	74475
                  Click image for larger version Name:	rainbow1.png Views:	1 Size:	192.1 KB ID:	74476

Hosea 8:7

We can't control the weather. The best we can do is prepare, stick to our principles, and hope we like who we find at the end.

Comment

The path to hell is paved with good intentions. Had duck for Christmas this year. Lurkers dogs need a piece of my Red Rider.

Comment

Conscience is fine - for me - it's that rewriting or recreating a past to one's glory while violating the truth about another that's another story.
                      But nice to see the topic of the day - still there - amazing - I feel like "I've got the touch." lol
                      Watergate just reminds me about trust - where trust should be, should have been, and where it should be in the future. Trust a spy? Would you trust a spy? and that does not have to be a historical question -
                      Thanks for the lovely cat photos - I see you see my new cat - a rescue - I think she is plotting - she took over the shelf under the TV (that does not have cable)! But that means that you have video in my chamber room - not cool - and so trust returns to watergate and the tricky . . .
                      Wow - I think many more search me than they search for Indulgence! While I am old, I'm not that old. But the insane think I am the gold at the end of the poem - gold, yes; but not that of Indulgence.
                      Funny how Watergate was discussed in my residence - private residence only a day or two ago and the cat arrived this afternoon. I must have that chest otherwise why all the spying and mocking - Gold and everyone wants it. Ya might want to consider your own weather advice because mother nature has an attitude. Everyone has a rainbow - best to know what is at the end of your own before chasing after someone else's. But then again, I do have the Gold and you know it!
                      I guess those of boredom find an old lady and her rescue cat more interesting than their own lives. lol That explains your crazy rabbit picture - must be a selfie
                      Last edited by Tur-a-neu; 01-11-2019, 08:27 PM.

Comment

The path to hell is paved with good intentions. Had duck for Christmas this year. Lurkers dogs need a piece of my Red Rider.
                        Love duck! Did not have it yet this year. Planning on some soon - like you read my mind - how very interesting - I just talked about it in my private residence kitchen.
                        The path to hell is paved with what appears to be good intentions or maybe mistakes - how to recognize that path from the other is intentions plus for whom is the benefits -- self and those one knows (hell) or for the good of all with as little harm as possible (non-hell). It is rather simple to question which path one is on and it is in the why or what makes those intentions good.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not...

Click image for larger version Name:	2B43384C00000578-3193572-Unreal_Jason_has_spent_10_years_as_an_amateur_storm_chaser_but_i-a-5_1439292927795.jpg Views:	3 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	74475
                          Click image for larger version Name:	rainbow1.png Views:	1 Size:	192.1 KB ID:	74476

Seek nothing; be grateful for everything - even if it is the storm for all builds character upon those who endure. Who knows lightning might strike! To strike gold might cause a flashback. Caution to what you wish unless it is the wish for God's glory. Nice pictures.

Comment

Lurkers dogs need a piece of my Red Rider.
                            Lurker's dogs are pit bulls today.

Consider something with a little more sting if you want to do that to them.

Comment

Let me state the point I was making in the OP another way...

I see the Chase is a participation sport.

The chest is just a bonus if you are lucky enough to find it.

To participate you only need to tape a map of the Rockies on the wall, put on a blindfold, and stab a pin in a random place on that map like pin the tail on the donkey, Then go look there. Repeat as necessary.

If enough people look in enough places, eventually it will be found.

While Forrest might be offended by this approach of bypassing solving his poem, he should consider that solving the poem is not essential to participate in the Chase. It is only essential to proceeding directly to the chest with confidence.

I seriously doubt that Forrest could have anticipated the extent that people like me could twist his poem to fit any spot in the Rockies and probably any spot on the planet. I have it so bad that I can't find any spot I can't make the poem fit with my exceptional confirmation bias skills.

So no, I'm not throwing darts at a map to bypass solving the poem. But I have so many solves and I have seen many other solves that were wrong that were better than my best, that I can never "go with confidence." But I can go to check each solve I come up with to make sure they are wrong. Then eliminate them and move on to search another one.

My current solve has become rather special to me. But again, I can't find a single spot in the Rockies that I wouldn't find special in some way if I studied on it for a while. I will probably have no problem replacing my current solve with another one that I will think is even more special when that day comes.

When you take a pack of beagles into the field or the wood, neither you nor the beagles know if they are going to get a rabbit up that day or not. There are days there are no rabbits in the area to chase. Sometimes the hawks, snakes, and coyotes have beat you to them. But that's never an excuse to not let your beagles try. It's those bad days that make the good days even more exciting.

Again, it's not about the rabbit.

It's about participating in the Chase.

And that's what I thank Forrest for giving us the motivation and opportunity to participate in.
                              Last edited by LurkerMike; 01-12-2019, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Let me state the point I was making in the OP another way...

I see the Chase is a participation sport.

The chest is just a bonus if you are lucky enough to find it.

To participate you only need to tape a map of the Rockies on the wall, put on a blindfold, and stab a pin in a random place on that map like pin the tail on the donkey, Then go look there. Repeat as necessary.

If enough people look in enough places, eventually it will be found.

While Forrest might be offended by this approach of bypassing solving his poem, he should consider that solving the poem is not essential to participate in the Chase. It is only essential to proceeding directly to the chest with confidence.

I seriously doubt that Forrest could have anticipated the extent that people like me could twist his poem to fit any spot in the Rockies and probably any spot on the planet. I have it so bad that I can't find any spot I can't make the poem fit with my exceptional confirmation bias skills.

So no, I'm not throwing darts at a map to bypass solving the poem. But I have so many solves and I have seen many other solves that were wrong that were better than my best, that I can never "go with confidence." But I can go to check each solve I come up with to make sure they are wrong. Then eliminate them and move on to search another one.

My current solve has become rather special to me. But again, I can't find a single spot in the Rockies that I wouldn't find special in some way if I studied on it for a while. I will probably have no problem replacing my current solve with another one that I will think is even more special when that day comes.

When you take a pack of beagles into the field or the wood, neither you nor the beagles know if they are going to get a rabbit up that day or not. There are days there are no rabbits in the area to chase. Sometimes the hawks, snakes, and coyotes have beat you to them. But that's never an excuse to not let your beagles try. It's those bad days that make the good days even more exciting.

Again, it's not about the rabbit.

It's about participating in the Chase.

And that's what I thank Forrest for giving us the motivation and opportunity to participate in.
                                If you can understand the rabbitt...dinner is at 7:00

Comment

Working...
                                X