Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you organize your treasure notes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you organize your treasure notes?

How do you organize your notes regarding the FF treasure? Binders, notecards, Evernote?

Personally I have used google drive, but it has gotten rather rather disorganized over the years. When I develop a solve I start a new document with the poem at the top. Clues in blue text and the rest in red. Then I create a grid where each row contains a clue and the evidence and explanation to support it.

I would also be interested in other research exercises that searches have taken. For example, I have created a document with dozens of interesting F quotes and provided my own personal commentary on each. It helps me remember them.

Organization? I dedicated a 1000 GB hard-drive and there is nothing on it but chase material. I don't know if it's half full or half empty???.....
    "SSShhh!. Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits with my imagination", "huh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh". Mr. OH!

Comment

I don't trust the cloud, or google docs, thumb drives, portable hard drives, etc......call me old fashioned, but pen and paper work! Just don't ask how many pages I have written out by hand, or how many piles of said papers I have all around my office!
      Last edited by RahRah; 01-09-2019, 08:05 PM.

Comment

When I die the secrets go with me.

Comment

Originally posted by lavahothand View Post
          How do you organize your notes regarding the FF treasure? Binders, notecards, Evernote?

Personally I have used google drive, but it has gotten rather rather disorganized over the years. When I develop a solve I start a new document with the poem at the top. Clues in blue text and the rest in red. Then I create a grid where each row contains a clue and the evidence and explanation to support it.

I would also be interested in other research exercises that searches have taken. For example, I have created a document with dozens of interesting F quotes and provided my own personal commentary on each. It helps me remember them.

I find that this arrangement of notes centers me. In the Circle of Life, I find myself in the middle -- and that's significant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k1t8zeIA6o

Regards,

Orion the Hunter
          Last edited by ORION; 01-11-2019, 06:48 AM. Reason: Wow...tough crowd. Is there a GoLikeMe account I can set up for this gem?

Comment

No notes at all.
            Active solves: 1 Abandoned solves: 0 Search state: NM Search trips: 5 Days spent BotG: 20

Comment

They are all in my noggin. I have no notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper View Post
                They are all in my noggin. I have no notes.
                Two people can keep a secret if one of them keeps theirs in their noggin.

Comment

Did you take notes as a kid? Why would you need notes all you need to keep track of is the last clue or the first. Fenn told you to memorize the poem not take notes.

Comment

Scribbled secret notebooks, and wild typewritten pages, for yr own joy - Jack Kerouac

The notes are mostly in the form of a propositional statement, followed by ripping it to shreds.

Example:

"Forrest Fenn flew a plane to hide the treasure chest."

Followed by: "Forrest Fenn didn't own a plane at the time."

So, then I restate: "Forrest Fenn rented a plane to hide the treasure chest."

Followed by: "Wouldn't you need a pilot's license to rent one?"

And, anyway, it goes on like that forever.

They're mostly conversations with myself.

Here's a shorter, practical one:

"Forrest Fenn used mountain-friendly transportation such as a horse or ATV to travel more than normal walking distance from the road."
                    "Forrest Fenn says he took two trips from his car to hide the treasure chest."
                    "Do I believe him?"
                    "Yeah, sounds legit."
                    "Then he didn't use a horse or ATV."
                    "Why not?"
                    "Because it would have only taken one trip."

And that led to...

"What other ways can you make a single trip?"
                    "An 80-year old could have used a wheelbarrow, large-wheeled handcart, cooler, or roller bag."
                    "Would that be weird to see in the woods?"
                    "Not one of those camping coolers. Campers and fishermen use them all the time in the woods."
                    "Then why didn't he?"
                    "Maybe it's rough terrain, or there's an incline that makes it impractical."

You get the idea. I think a lot of people try to build up an idea. I try to tear them down.
                    “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyP View Post
                      Scribbled secret notebooks, and wild typewritten pages, for yr own joy - Jack Kerouac

The notes are mostly in the form of a propositional statement, followed by ripping it to shreds.

Example:

"Forrest Fenn used mountain-friendly transportation such as a horse or ATV to travel more than normal walking distance from the road."
                      "Do I believe him?"
                      "Yeah, sounds legit."
                      "Why not?"

And that led to...

"An 80-year old could have used a wheelbarrow, large-wheeled handcart, cooler, or roller bag."
                      "Not one of those camping coolers. Campers and fishermen use them all the time in the woods."
                      "Then why didn't he?"

You get the idea. I think a lot of people try to build up an idea. I try to tear them down.

What if one trip refers to the movement from his car to the hiding spot (and back) and one trip refers to his tripping over a log while in transit to the spot?

Regards,

O.

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post
                        What if one trip refers to the movement from his car to the hiding spot (and back) and one trip refers to his tripping over a log while in transit to the spot?

Regards,

O.
                        When anything is possible, you have to discriminate, and choose the likeliest.

“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

Comment

You don't need a pilot's license to rent a plane from somebody that knows you, and Forrest Fenn has connections. Also, I've talked my way (ok, bullshitted) into pro sport games, concerts and other places I shouldn't have been. Heck, a couple of personel heros worked their way into the White House and even scored pics with the Prez! You don't kiss the Blarney Stone for luck. You kiss it for the gift of gab. I've kissed it, and it appears Mr Fenn was born with the gift. He could charm his was behind the stick of the Space Shuttle, so a fixed wing or a verty bird would always be quickly at hand whether he needed it before or after his licence lapsed.
                          Last edited by OreDigger; 01-11-2019, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyP View Post

Example:

"Do I believe him?"
                            "Yeah, sounds legit."
                            "Why not?"

And that led to...

"Then why didn't he?"

This is cool. I am sure a lot of us do this internally, but writing it out is a good way to process and record it.

Comment

Originally posted by Imsunbuddynow View Post
                              Did you take notes as a kid? Why would you need notes all you need to keep track of is the last clue or the first. Fenn told you to memorize the poem not take notes.
                              I take on the chase like an investigation, must like Sean Martinez. I think every piece of evidence must be considered and weighed appropriately to give the best shot at finding the chest. And I don't have the memory to keep all that in my head like most the people on this forum apparently

Comment

Working...
                              X