Is This Crossing a Line?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i forgot wut i was Bunting for en garde
    ...along the ledges worn by patient feet...

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman View Post
      I guess I have not read or heard his personal wishes on how to conduct the hunt. I know the poem are his clues, but if I go search in a certain area and ask the locals a questions about how to find an old trail that exists but the signs are gone. Am I using outside help from the poem and Fenns intent? And like I said we all have to stay within the law so breaking into anything is not what I am saying is ok.
      Sorry sometimes my eyes gloss over on bold print. Seriously I dont know why. But if those are his written wishes then I have to side with you! I never said I was a good PI!

Comment

Originally posted by FollowMeDown View Post
        You guys would’ve made terrible pirates. Walk the plank i say!
        I walked into one once - took it right in the eye! Next time I'll remember to walk ON it, not into it.
        When you find yourself at the end of the rainbow, you'll have found what you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post

I walked into one once - took it right in the eye! Next time I'll remember to walk ON it, not into it.
          watch your left eye bud

Comment

What about requirements for obtaining records on someone else?

Generally, when requesting information about another person you will receive greater access by submitting authorization from that individual permitting the disclosure of the records to you, or by submitting proof that the individual is deceased. If you request records relating to another person, and disclosure of the records could invade that person's privacy, they ordinarily will not be disclosed to you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer View Post
              Even if the entire chest goes to the Tax man, the National Park or the finder. The real deal is the solve.
              It would be nice to know that you alone, the finder, stumped the masses of mostly know it alls.
              You would glow in a crowd.
              It's not the finder who "stumped the masses". It's Fenn.

Comment

Originally posted by ricardo View Post
                She’s just using her head like Fenn has told us to do. I doubt he cares. I applaud her cleverness.
                Looks to me more like an act of desperation (that won't help solve the poem).

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post

I took it in the ear once. Now I have hearing aids.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Looks to me more like an act of desperation (that won't help solve the poem).
                    Says the guy without the chest
                    I have the soul of a gypsy, heart of a hippie, and the spirit of a fairy.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

Says the guy without the chest
                      Yeah, he left it someplace when he was 79 or 80.

Comment

if the money from the tube was used to provide the viewers with quality content wutz the problem geeeeez theres a thumbs down if you dont like it but why not provide quality suggestions for your host to choose from or something

Comment

ALL is fair in Love and War and Treasure hunts....

Comment

murdering the martyred martyr murderer does not sound fair

Comment

Originally posted by DeCall View Post
                              ALL is fair in Love and War and Treasure hunts....
                              Not really. I trust Forrest to have taken care of this as I described above, but I was under the impression from everything Forrest has said that the only way to find the chest was to solve the poem. If there's a possibility of a backdoor, noone is going to be happy, especially after the deaths. Again, I was comforted that Forrest apparently suggested it and seemingly has a plan, and that noone will gain an edge with this. Then I read someone claim he isn't happy about the FOIA, which makes me wonder.

I'm a little surprised some fenn tuber hasn't emailed him to get his take on all this so they could disclose it to the rest of us. The raid was on the Wednesday before June 11, 2009 as far as I can tell, so the chest was almost surely present by everything we know about timing of the hiding, so it's a fair question, I think. I'd even like to know if the FBI could have access to hints we do not, whether or not the FOIA is granted. A simple question could be something like:

Does information potentially obtained by the government around June??, 2009 contain hints as to the chest location and/or contents that haven't already been disclosed?
                              Last edited by CRM114; 01-10-2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

From there it's no place for the meek

i find this line to be sufficiently simple and believe that all the worry about this subject can be eased by believing it means exactly what it says

Comment

Working...
                                X