why it's not buried

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why it's not buried

#1. Where in the poem points to you having to dig? Tarry scant with marvel gaze take the chest.........
    #2. 500/200 feet. I assume searchers have been closer, and I assume if it's buried Forrest would have confidence to claim a closer proximity.
    IMO.

Sir: Dig til you get to the olive.

???

Any other thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveandhisdogBillie View Post
      #1. Where in the poem points to you having to dig? Tarry scant with marvel gaze take the chest.........
      #2. 500/200 feet. I assume searchers have been closer, and I assume if it's buried Forrest would have confidence to claim a closer proximity.
      IMO.
      The totem café caper....Frosty started wheezing and making funny sounds,kind of like a garbage truck does when it backs up.When he finally spoke his voice was a few octaves higher than before and it made me wonder a little about his polarity.
      What he did when he was off duty was his business and I wasn't gonna make an issue out of it.

A metal detector goes off with a change in polarity....beeps like a garbage truck backing up also Forrest didn't discriminate on frosty...nor should you use discrimination using your detector for deep targets.

Comment

You do not necessarily need to dig to bury something. Think...Heavy Loads.

Comment

Originally posted by rmx63 View Post

The totem café caper....Frosty started wheezing and making funny sounds,kind of like a garbage truck does when it backs up.When he finally spoke his voice was a few octaves higher than before and it made me wonder a little about his polarity.
          What he did when he was off duty was his business and I wasn't gonna make an issue out of it.

A metal detector goes off with a change in polarity....beeps like a garbage truck backing up also Forrest didn't discriminate on frosty...nor should you use discrimination using your detector for deep targets.
          Ive been reading all of the forums for the last 3 years, and 99% of it is garbage, but I read them, nonetheless, in hopes of finding a small nugget like this. Brilliant!!!!!!
          Last edited by Anna Graham; 01-07-2019, 08:18 PM.
          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
          --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

This is super smart! He did bury all those bells.

Comment

There is this:

TORG: "Is it in the open?"
              FENN "Do you have to move anything?"
              TORG "Yeah, like a rock?"
              FENN " Well you have to move your carcass out there I guess. But if you can find the treasure chest it won't be a big job for you to get it."

Then there is this from the Newsweek guy who Forrest said made a lot of errors:

"He told me the chest is “exposed” to rain and snow, and could be scorched in a forest fire. He told me the box, which is just 10 inches by 10 inches, is unlocked—suggesting it’s someplace where it is unlikely to be toppled or otherwise thrown open."

It doesn't really sound like it's buried, but if might be covered with a natural object or objects.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

Ive been reading all of the forums for the last 3 years, and 99% of it is garbage, but I read them, nonetheless, in hopes of finding a small nugget like this. Brilliant!!!!!!
                Anna, are you planning to use a metal detector to look for the TC?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Burried or not. I can't say for certain. I tend to believe that it is not intentionally burried but rather cunningly concealed, but why not bring a netal detector just in case? It's always a good idea to be proactive. The worst that can happen is that the detector does no good at all. The best that could happen is that it could assist you in findingthe treasure. In between you might be able to find some othe cool metal detected thing.

You can't lose by bring a metal detector. You may however lose if you do not have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

You don’t need one if you know exactly where it is, but doesn’t hurt to bring one along.
                    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by SteveandhisdogBillie View Post
                      IMO.
                      in my opinion, these hints are definitely in the poem, using my solving methods

dig / bury / shovel (also spade, a digging tool)

but I do not know if these hints are meant to be literal

what I am convinced of is they are hints that will define location

if I were to guess, I'm leaning towards it is well hidden but not buried in a way that you need a shovel and detector

Comment

And Frosty is pointing at Forrest sitting next to a tree.... hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post

And Frosty is pointing at Forrest sitting next to a tree.... hmmmm.
                          Forrest took the hot pie.... A type of metal detector PI or pulse induction...specifically used in ground containing high levels of minerals (HOT ground)
                          I know people are argumentative on this whole topic but the only possible reason one would be upset is because it would eliminate certain areas, like Yellowstone..no metal detecting allowed

Comment

Forrest took the hot pie.... A type of metal detector PI or pulse induction...specifically used in ground containing high levels of minerals (HOT ground)
                            I know people are argumentative on this whole topic but the only possible reason one would be upset is because it would eliminate certain areas, like Yellowstone..no metal detecting allowed
                            This is more great stuff. Perhaps confirmation bias for one who already thinks it's buried, but this is just one more thing to add to the list of 10 or so reasons it's likely buried. No digging allowed in Yellowstone either. I do think there's a chance the proxy item people could be right, though.

My only question is how deep it's buried. Is all this actually hinting it is buried deep? There are places in the book elsewhere where he says "think deep down. " I know almost nothing about metal detectors. How deep would Indulgence be detectable in highly mineralized ground?

Of course the Rocky Mountains are named that for a reason. You don't necessarily dig a hole just anywhere without a pick, and a long sweaty day.

Comment

Ok, I think you might have changed my mind. This got me thinking about giving Frosty and inch he becomes a ruler. 12 inches in a ruler. Treasure chest is 10 inches high, therefore I would guess the hole it's in would be 12' to conceal it.?

Comment

Working...
                              X