Setting the Record Straight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ORION View Post

Hi, waveseeker. It seems you have a question. How can I help you?

Regards,

O.
    Maybe they want to know how to hunt on the ground with such accuracy as your likeness in the sky?
    Questing (?) song:
    https://soundcloud.com/adamjensenmusic/the-hunter-1

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

Maybe they want to know how to hunt on the ground with such accuracy as your likeness in the sky?
      Maybe...but some may think it presumptuous of me to answer a question before it were asked.

Comment

Setting the record straight.

10,000 maniacs says it right.
        Ladies hold on to that candy.
        Without KPro, we couldn’t write this nonsense.

If lust and hate is the candy
        if blood and love tastes so sweet
        then we give 'em what they want
        Hey, hey, give 'em what they want
        So their eyes are growing hazy 'cause they want to turn it on
        so their minds are soft and lazy
        Well, hey, give 'em what they want
        so their minds are soft and lazy
        Well who do you want to blame?
        Hey, hey, give 'em what they want
        so their minds are soft and lazy.
        Well who do you want to blame?

https://youtu.be/jORFcH5uAjM
        Last edited by 1Trailblazer; 01-08-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer View Post
          Without KPro, we couldn’t write this
          Perhaps not here, but this isn't the only rag in town.

Comment

I only go to one. I don’t agree with any of blogs but they are entertaining... for sure.
            Have a great day

Comment

...along the ledges worn by patient feet...

Comment

That was good as a kid, then we had to grow up.
                Spaceballs;

https://youtu.be/aVZUVeMtYXc

Comment

1Trailblazer I knew that 10,000 song from way back but never watched videos till maybe last 10 years(?) Love that video, changes the intonation- going to have to go back through their playlist...

thx for posting.
                  Questing (?) song:
                  https://soundcloud.com/adamjensenmusic/the-hunter-1

Comment

I think my biggest mistake in the Recording Gate was reacting to the recording when I was not asked for help by anyone.

That recording, like the chest, was simply a lure dangled in front of me for me to bite on or to ignore. The smart trout recognizes the lure for what it is and is not tempted by it. In this way, the smart trout is not snared by the hook the lure contains.

In hindsight, it is pretty obvious Jason did not post that recording some six months after the fact because he needed or was soliciting help to defend or help Forrest Fenn. It was not posted to be defensive of Forrest Fenn as most searchers are because we love the man and are grateful for the many opportunities what he has given us with the Chase.

Instead, the recording was posted as an aggressive action to be taken out of context and intended solely to inspire hate and derision for Kpro.

I feel really used and tooled by this whole episode.

I got it if some people disagree with or are jealous of Kpro's friendship with Forrest. She is not alone as there are many who Forrest chooses to be friends with. I am not among them, nor do I want to be because it would cause me to lose some of my imagination, objectivity about evaluating my own solves, and ability to focus on what the Chase means to me personally. I can't go alone in there with Forrest in my head like that.

I also got it that some people will disagree with Kpro's tactics. She makes herself a target for this, not by being the only one attempting to use those tactics, but by sharing what she is doing and offering to share any results she might get from those tactics. This does not bother me because they are not my tactics and I will not let them interfere with my approach and tactics for how I am trying to solve the poem.

Everyone has the right to disagree with someone else's tactics and to discuss that disagreement civilly. But no one has the right to threaten or attack, even attack with vicious verbal savagery, anyone else. Nor does anyone have the right to try to provoke others to threaten or attack, even attack with vicious verbal savagery, anyone else.

And what kind of "man" ever attacks or threatens a woman? One that needs an attitude adjustment, in the redneck sense of that phrase.

Who has the right to decide who Forrest Fenn can be friends with?

Who has the right to tell Forrest Fenn what the rules of the Chase are or should be?

On the one hand, I do want to apologize for taking the bait and initially jumping to the wrong conclusion based on a false lure presented to me when I heard the recording.

On the other hand, I would have never known how dirty and lowdown some men in this chase have been to some of the women in the Chase as Kpro is not alone in the threats she has received. Several other women have suffered the same threats and harassment. This angers me greatly. And I'm sure it angers many others as well.

I too have received death threats on the internets some years ago. But I am a man and capable of dealing with those threats. Threats of violence are by their nature intended to terrorize the recipient. But that doesn't work with me. I have danced with death more than once and survived each time. The day will come that I won't escape the reaper because in the end, as Jim Morrison of the Doors put it so eloquently, "No one gets out of here alive." And I have been living on "bonus years" for a long time.

Anyone that wants to send me a death threat, let me know when and where you want to meet up. I'll even send you some gas money. I'll be there waiting for you, no police and no tricks. You might succeed and you might not, but either way, if you show up, I promise at least one of us will have a very bad day. As Ronnie Van Zant sang in Lynyrd Skynyrd song "Call Me The Breeze," I ain't hiding from nobody, ain't nobody hiding from me.

In a fundamental primal sense, biologically, women don't have the same ability to physically fight and defend themselves as men are better physically equipped to do. At least not without Sam Colt's help. Women are better equipped to nurture life, not take it. Which is why there are still are a few men left in our society that has become so filled with snowflakes these days, who still appreciate women for being women and who are are still willing to stand up and defend them. I am not alone in this regard, only one of the few left who will not be silenced by political correctness that serves to cause more harm than the nonexistent protection it is supposed to offer.

If Kpro wants to put the Recording Gate incident behind her and move on, I respect that and will honor her wishes.

What I am taking from this ugly incident is to not be so quick to judge and take any bait presented to me. And to wait until the victim of abuse requests my assistance before becoming involved. In the case of Recording Gate, the perceived victim would have been Forrest Fenn and he never asked for my help or intervention. So I apologize to everyone for overreacting when I heard that recording. Unless Forrest had asked for help, it was none of my business.

And I apologize to Kpro for having been too quick to rush to judgment about her based only on that recording without having first even given her the opportunity to tell her side of the story. That was very wrong of me and I should know better. It does not mean I agree or disagree with her on or about any other issue or issues. Because we all have a right to believe what we want and to agree or disagree civilly about anything we so choose.

But that was all 2018, a year that appeared to be at times very bizarre for many searchers, an aberration if you will.

At least let's hope so now that 2018 is behind us and it is time to move on.

The 2019 search season awaits us all so let's each do our part to make it the best Chase year yet!

Godspeed and good luck with your searches to everyone and always be safe out there.

Happy hunting!

Comment

Rose Livingstone
                      It is funny how things happening around you can bring back the lyrics in a song. Natalie and 10,000 Maniacs had some great words to live by, especially for women. They hear all the words of wisdom for fear of wise men.

Her song for River Phoenix is awesome.
                      The media has no respect for the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by waveseeker

You can't rigel out of this.
                        LOL...I see what you did there. What's your question?

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

LOL...I see what you did there. What's your question?
                          If you can drink juice can you beetle juice?

Comment

I will admit that I have not read all of this thread. But I think I have made it clear I am who I am. Legal violations are out of bounds, and the rest is debatable. I have learned a lot from you. I also learn from reading the forums, it seems others already have the FOIA. OK, but if they keep it private, and I make public, that may make it more fair. Who knows, I know those fixated will attack, bring it, you do when I sneeze, like Forrest, I am understanding him more and more each day. Thanks for helping me
                            I have the soul of a gypsy, heart of a hippie, and the spirit of a fairy.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                              I will admit that I have not read all of this thread. But I think I have made it clear I am who I am. Legal violations are out of bounds, and the rest is debatable. I have learned a lot from you. I also learn from reading the forums, it seems others already have the FOIA. OK, but if they keep it private, and I make public, that may make it more fair. Who knows, I know those fixated will attack, bring it, you do when I sneeze, like Forrest, I am understanding him more and more each day. Thanks for helping me
                              Bless you!

Comment

Originally posted by waveseeker

Rose already petaled the somewhat thorny question, but it's okay if you decline to answer.
                                "Maybe they want to know how to hunt on the ground with such accuracy as your likeness in the sky?"

One who searches with his eyes alone sees only what is before him.

"Here me all and listen good"

Regards,

Orion the Hunter

Comment

Working...
                                X