Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do to pass the time waiting for the next summer search season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do to pass the time waiting for the next summer search season?

I create little scenarios or little games in my head that are related to the Chase in some way. Sometimes these games are like Mad Libs where you fill in blanks to complete a sentence.

For instance, If I were to order a signed copy of the revised version of Once Upon a While and described it to Searchers, what might some comments be. Here is one scenario I came up with:
    Me: Hey Searchers! Very excited to have received my signed copy of the revised version of Once Upon a While today!
    And guess what? Mr. Fenn included a note and a doodle! Kinda weird though.

Searcher: That's great! Weird? Why? What does the note say? What's the doodle?

Me: Well, the note says, "What a Do Do!" The D's look a little larger and the o's look a little smaller than the other letters. And the doodle is a bird. I'm guessing it must be a DoDo bird but that's weird - like he is implying I am Ditzy or something.
    I dunno. It makes me Dizzy. But I'm still thinking.

Searchers:
    [this is where other Searchers would respond to complete the conversation]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B53Vlje7mcM

Cabin Fever, I guess.

How do you pass the time?

Regards,

O.

The Dutch captain Wybrand van Warwijck discovered the island (Mauritius) and the bird in 1598. He called the bird walgvogel , meaning "disgusting bird" because the meat was unpleasant to eat.
    Yet another account says the Dodo bird became extinct because it was a tasty dish, and the Dodo could not fly. It was hunted to extinction. The introduction of dogs, cats and rats on the island proved too much for the flightless, slow moving bird. The presence of industrial man probably didn't help either. The last agreed upon sighting was 1662.
    Apparently Dodgson identified with the bird due to a stammer.
    The last sighting was contested due to possible confusion with a white bird on a nearby island named Reunion.

The Réunion ibis or Réunion sacred ibis (Threskiornis solitarius):
    Questing (?) song:
    https://soundcloud.com/adamjensenmusic/the-hunter-1

Comment

Whelp, Mauritius is now on my travel radar.
      Questing (?) song:
      https://soundcloud.com/adamjensenmusic/the-hunter-1

Comment

RESEARCH Research research. Walk ten miles. RESEARCH Research research.

Comment

This is another scenario I imagined for my little game:

Me: Hey Searchers! Very excited to have received my signed copy of the revised edition of Once Upon a While today --- and guess what? Mr. Fenn included a doodle! So cool!
          Searcher: That's great! What's the doodle?
          Me: It is a stick man. Oh, and there is a target - you know like for archery. And the Stickman is holding a bow. And there is an arrow in the middle of the target. It's pretty cool.

Of course, each of these scenarios were just products of my imagination...neither is what I actually got.

Fun to imagine though!

Regards,

O.

Comment

Originally posted by ScaredyCat

Forrest has been closely following you as your clues progress. He knows you are getting close and is trying to encourage you.....Orion....do.....do .....it now before your chances become extinct.

Comment

Hike, hike and hike, on and off season. I’m not going to trip over it. But at 80 I will be hiking still. That’s whats the chase is about, getting out, on and off season.

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post
                This is another scenario I imagined for my little game:

Me: Hey Searchers! Very excited to have received my signed copy of the revised edition of Once Upon a While today --- and guess what? Mr. Fenn included a doodle! So cool!
                Me: It is a stick man. Oh, and there is a target - you know like for archery. And the Stickman is holding a bow. And there is an arrow in the middle of the target. It's pretty cool.

Of course, each of these scenarios were just products of my imagination...neither is what I actually got.

Fun to imagine though!

Regards,

O.
                Imagine if he decided to do that in every book he signed...tourism in the Rocky Mountains would skyrocket.
                "To run where the brave dare not go" -- Darion and Leigh

Comment

Originally posted by Homer View Post

Imagine if he decided to do that in every book he signed...tourism in the Rocky Mountains would skyrocket.
                  I know, right.

Here is another one:
                  Me: It is a stick man. He is running to the right. There's also a scribble. Well, not a scribble really, but the letter H in my name looks funny; like there is an extra line or two. So it kind of looks like an H or, it could be a letter and a number - like an A and a 1....oh, wait, my daughter is studying absolute values in math..when I think of it that way, it kind of looks like the absolute value of the variable x.

These are fun...I am going to see if I can think of some more Chase Games.

Regards,

O.

Last edited by ORION; 01-07-2019, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I know, right.

Here is another one:
                    Me: It is a stick man. He is running to the right. There's also a scribble. Well, not a scribble really, but the letter H in my name looks funny; like there is an extra line or two. So it kind of looks like an H or, it could be a letter and a number - like an A and a 1....oh, wait, my daughter is studying absolute values in math..when I think of it that way, it kind of looks like the absolute value of the variable x.

Regards,

O.

The running to the right immediately makes me think of the new medallions. Now sure what the angle is on the absolute value of x. |x|, but it looks a lot like Big Lee's post:

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    Fenn knows who knows..but he ain't sayin. I bet Fenn has a finger on the (x) Spot. He more than likely attends Church with the "lead searcher"
                    Of course that is just a coincidence after a little bending of the || to ().

Comment

Originally posted by Homer View Post

The running to the right immediately makes me think of the new medallions. Now sure what the angle is on the absolute value of x. |x|, but it looks a lot like Big Lee's post:

Of course that is just a coincidence after a little bending of the || to ().

Here is another one:

Me: This one is weird. It's like a leprechaun or a fairy sitting on a horseshoe with his two hung feet (I mean his two feet looking like they are resting or hung up within the horseshoe) and next to it is another doodle of one of those drinking wells.

Searcher: That is a weird one. Do you think you'll figure it out?

Me: By now, I'm sure u gnome well enough to answer that question yourself.

Here's a picture!

Regards,

O.

Comment

Wishing you good luck Orion, those are clever!

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno

Alert, Alert, Alert... we have someone who thinks he/she is more intelligent than everyone else but isn’t even close... Alert, Alert, Alert... we have someone who thinks he/she is more intelligent than everyone else but isn’t even close.
                          Using ones wit and imagination in a constructive fun way requires a lot more intelligence then redundant criticism.

Comment

Hey Justin,

I thought you announced that you would post no more because you had found WWWH and were 100% sure! ... What gives?

Comment

Alert, Alert, Alert... we have someone who thinks he/she is more intelligent than everyone else but isn’t even close... Alert, Alert, Alert... we have someone who thinks he/she is more intelligent than everyone else but isn’t even close.

Hmmmm....my guess is that you would prefer to play another game. Perhaps Jeopardy? Okay. I'll take Irony for (within) 200:

https://forum.hintofriches.com/forum...chase-is-about

As a side note, I don't think anything I've ever posted has been negative or could be seen as targeting anyone in a mean way. But, then, as a person on the autism spectrum, my brain is wired a bit differently, so maybe I should go back and read my posts to see what may have lead you to your judgment.

I hope you find peace, Justin.

Sincerely,

Orion the Hunter

(if I were as you believe me to be, I might have signed this, Orion THAT Hunter)

Comment

Working...
                              X