Topics for 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topics for 2019

Anybody wanna see a particular topic discussed in 2019 by Me, Cow, and Decall? Please give us ideas and feedback (be relatively nice) on how we should move forward.... panels, seperate, group, etc. Length of program, days of week, etc. Thanks!
    I have the soul of a gypsy, heart of a hippie, and the spirit of a fairy.

Chase, Fenn and Western conspiracy theories for 1,000 points.
    Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

IDEAS FOR TOPICS:

1.) Forrest Fenn's Coded Words (in Jenny Kile's book). What are they? Why are those who have solved them keeping them secret? Are they really telling us something important? Jenny has stated that they tell us something important about the location.

2.) Forrest Fenn "collectables"...What are people collecting? Coins, medallions, autographs, books, etc... Is there a way to tell what they are worth? What one single item has sold for the most? Are items worth more when grouped together?

3.) Other hunts such as the upcoming "Secret" cache that Shhhh The Secret is planning to bury, the Lamp puzzle, and other new hunts. This would include your Silver Coin hunts.

Comment

I thought of some more ideas.

1.) You often see people post about the veterans of the hunt. Who are they? Do we know any of them by name? Do they really have any advantages over the newbies? The veterans may know the history of the hunt, and have everything forest said memorized, but they haven't found the chest. Maybe a newbie with a fresh way of thinking has the advantage. Maybe have some veterans on the show...ones who are still active in the hunt. What keeps them interested? How many solves have thay had? Any advice?

2.) How about talking about the history of these treasure hunts...go back to "Masquerade". What gets people started on these hunts? What was everyone's first hunt? How did you find out about it? What are the prizes? Maybe you can get some guests on your show who have won some hunts and will tell their story. What makes a good hunt? What makes a failure? What does your audience like to see in a hunt?

Comment

The bracelet, since it’s the only thing Fenn wants back it must be key?

Comment

I was just saying that, without trying to focus specifically on his treasure, there are the ridiculous theories about Fenn, and the western phenomena. It's a way to get away with saying ridiculous things for entertainment purposes, referring to historic books and people... see how that works?
            Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer View Post
              I agree. The bracelet has always made me wonder. If it's so cheap and it fit his wrist so well, then why include it? I think there's more to it than that. We can only speculate, he'll never tell.

Comment

I can guarantee it is not cheap. The only logic to that statement is Fenn figured the value based on the weight of silver and what a few torquise beads would cost. What he fails to leave out is, it was dug up by Wetherill and worn by Paul Harvey, in a place that now can only be accessed by modern men of science.

Comment

The history of the bracelet is key in my opinion. That was the only reason he left it. All the other chests he found never had the key. He left the key this time....

Comment

The history of the bracelet is key in my opinion. That was the only reason he left it. All the other chests he found never had the key. He left the key this time....
                    Isn’t it that he found the keys but no chests?

Comment

All the entertainment started with his grandfather in vaudeville. I bet Fenn met some great actors in West Yellowstone in the 30’s. Those actors at that time traveled the trains, and the poor that went to Yellowstone, went to work. The Fenn family being that educated poor family.
                      Those Irish stuck together, and vaudeville wasn’t ashamed to make fun of all the races.
                      They shook with one hand and drank over the other.

Comment

You are correct, then he explained how he they hid the chest. Dyslexia kicks in on Sunday.

Comment

Either way it’s key in my solve. Thanks

Comment

I can't say that it is a key item, but perhaps it is a way that Forrest can meet the person who found the chest in person. I believe I read someplace that he would pay for its return. "When you find the treasure please come sell me the great turquoise and silver bracelet that is in the chest. I wish now that I had kept it. f" (https://dalneitzel.com/2012/10/02/forrest-gets-mail/). Since he made the offer, I'm not going to give it to him. I'm keeping track of my chase related expenses, and when I return the bracelet to him I will hand him a bill. Upon settling his debt with me I will return the bracelet to him.

Comment

After 5 years I can no longer stay silent. One Topic for this year should be horse trading. Information for Information - Play at your own peril, but we all need a little more information. Who goes first?

Comment

Working...
                              X