No announcement yet.

Look Quickly Down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And don’t forget that FF said the chest is wet.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer View Post
      The nail is slightly curved so it travels to the outside of the hoof as to not penetrate the quick of the hoof.

In TTOTC he makes a statement about “brakes and thickets of life”

Does he spell brake wrong? In my opinion yes,
      I think he meant “breaks” and thickets.

A break is a “bank” so to speak, or an amphitheater,
      a natural occurrence within nature.

Did he hide the bank in a bank?

I sure think the video where he explains how the Indians / Spaniards hid their boxes, seems he is describing how he hid it. Look at his eyes in that video, he is recollecting in my opinion. He always found the key but not the box?

Go figure? Just something for you to dwell on.

I dunno that is really reaching, no matter how long I dwell on it. For someone to make those kinds of connections to the Poem would be purely coincidental.

Comment

Your quest to cease but one more thing

Comment

At one time in everyone’s life, we believed in the Easter bunny and Santa Claus. Imagination and wild guesses was the beginning of science. Lol

Comment

Remember those magazines you could buy from the book mobile that were filled with riddles.
            They always had the “KEY” or answers in the back and usually upside down.

So what my common sense tells me is Fenn wrote a book. In every chapter he has riddled you. The poem is the upside down key (answers) you have to unravel the riddle within the stories to match the key.

Thinking out of the box or within the book...
            Your pick.

Comment

Curious to what everyone thinks the correct definition is. If you apply the archaic meaning, the poem now has an entirely different conclusion.

quick·ly
              /ˈkwiklē/
              adverb
              adverb: quickly
              1. at a fast speed; rapidly.
                "Reg's illness progressed frighteningly quickly"
                synonyms: fast, swiftly, briskly, rapidly, speedily, at the speed of light, at full tilt, as fast as one's legs can carry one, at a gallop, on the double, posthaste; More
                • with little or no delay; promptly.
                  "we moved quickly to deal with our auditor's questions"

The first people to use the word quick did not have speed in mind at all.

The phrase "the quick and the dead" gives a clue about what they meant. This phrase is from the Bible's New Testament, where the Day of Judgment is described as the time when Jesus will return from heaven to judge everyone, both the quick and the dead, determining who will have eternal life and who will be damned. (The phrase has also been used as the name of various books and movies.) It's clear who "the dead" are. "The quick," meanwhile, is everyone else. That's right: quickoriginally meant "not dead"—that is, "living, alive."

The word traces back to the Old English cwic, and shares an ancestor with the Latin words vivus and vivere, meaning respectively "living" and "to live," as well as with the Greek bios and zōē, meaning "life." Its original meaning is evident in a few other modern uses as well, such as quicken when it's used to mean "to reach the stage of gestation at which fetal motion is felt." (Quick itself also has an archaic meaning of "pregnant.")

Note that while the noun use of quick to mean "living beings," as in "the quick and the dead" shares an origin with the first adjective use of quick to mean "living," the noun quick that refers to the painfully sensitive area of flesh under a fingernail or toenail is related far more tenuously. It's believed to be from a Scandinavian root that is only a cousin to the Old English cwic.

Comment

There is a stone marker set in the ground marking the largest Blaze ever recorded in the Rockies. So "If you’ve been wise and found the blaze, Look quickly down" may mean just what it says. The marker at your feet is the Blaze.

Comment

Maybe the blaze is a waterfall. If you are standing below the falls "look quickly down, your quest to cease, ( dont waste your time looking at the top of the falls the chest is not there.) but tarry scant with marvel gaze, ( instead take a lingering look at the falls themselves until the sunlight amazingly reveals a faint rainbow and the location of the chest.) just take the chest and go in peace. (As you walk away from the falls with the chest, quietness fills the air.)
                  Last edited by Metalman; 01-02-2019, 02:43 PM. Reason: Punctuation fix.

Comment

Maybe the chest can only be seen from a specific vantage point once you see the blaze. If you don't look quickly down, and keep walking, you could miss it.
                    Life is short and the world is wide

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Meaning what ?
                      Do you see 'rapids' as part of the solution ?
                      If so, what type of interaction with those rapids, should the searcher expect ?
                      If I were so inclined, what type(s) of PPE would I pack to ensure the safety of my 3-year-old gchild ?

I don't really know how it is in your world, maybe all of the geese are swans in your country.
                      But here in mine, idiots are prevalent .

I don't want to see any more lives lost in the chase.
                      An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

No Rapids.
                      The Safety Troll!

Comment

Originally posted by Ninety View Post

The Safety Troll!
                        Safety is a very attractive concept, after six deaths already ?
                        Somehow, I can't see 'safety' and 'rapids' as being compatible.
                        If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
                        But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

Safety is a very attractive concept, after six deaths already ?
                          Somehow, I can't see 'safety' and 'rapids' as being compatible.
                          I was riding rapids when I was a little kid. I still ride them today,. I haven't died yet, or at least to my knowledge. I believe that safety and rapids are very compatible.

Comment

If I was to pick a synonym for quickly (as intended by Forrest) I would choose "immediately."

Comment

Originally posted by OreDigger View Post

I was riding rapids when I was a little kid. I still ride them today,. I haven't died yet, or at least to my knowledge. I believe that safety and rapids are very compatible.
                              I was not riding rapids when I was a little kid. I don't ride them today. And I won't be riding them at 79 or 80.
                              As a result, I'm of the opinion that safety and rapids are not compatible.
                              If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
                              But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

I was not riding rapids when I was a little kid. I don't ride them today. And I won't be riding them at 79 or 80.
                                As a result, I'm of the opinion that safety and rapids are not compatible.
                                And you've lived this long? Are safety and life compatible?

Comment

Working...
                                X