Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look Quickly Down

Why quickly?

Maybe Mr. Fenn needed a word with two syllables to help make the sentence complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Clearly Clueless View Post
      Maybe Mr. Fenn needed a word with two syllables to help make the sentence complete.
      Agree... this word was always an anomaly for me. There aren't many throwaway words in the poem but (for me at least) this is one.

Comment

I think quickly doesn't mean you should hunt for the treasure at ground level because it isn't there. You will "quickly" realize that down isn't the right way to look.

Comment

For me I wouldn't be at the blaze if I didn't already know where it was. Looking quickly down can be a verification step that you are in fact at the correct place even if down isn't down. I think it says that you will know right away if you are right or not, but it is not that the treasure is quickly down at your feet.

Comment

Learn what the words mean and then how they inter-relate in the poem

Old High German quec "lively," German keck "bold"), from PIE root *gwei- "to live." Sense of "lively, swift" developed by late 12c., on notion of "full of life."
            also *gweie-, Proto-Indo-European root meaning "to live." Now we have "to live boldly" , "to go boldly" hmm.. I wonder where in the poem one has to go boldly...
            look boldly down:

Old English locian "use the eyes for seeing, gaze, look, behold, spy," from West Germanic *lokjan(source also of Old Saxon lokon "see, look, spy," Middle Dutch loeken "to look," Old High German luogen, German dialectal lugen "to look out"), a word of unknown origin. Breton lagud "eye" has been suggested as a possible cognate.

Gaze boldly down... I'm not messing with the poem by doing this just simplifying.. now for down.. well I can't do all the work here..

Gaze is the what last word in the next line... before long somehow someone just might have simplified 9 line poem that giving precise directions.. with a little imaginination.. but your welcome to continue on your own bias path this is all just to clarify IMO

lol

Comment

Originally posted by ricardo View Post
              Why quickly?
              Timing is important in at least one part of the poem, in my opinion. This message is a Happy New Year gift to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Timing is important in at least one part of the poem, in my opinion. This message is a Happy New Year gift to you.

With a name like old pilot seems a little suspicious I'm guessing you're obviously not Mr Fenn. Or are you? Lol
                how long have you been in this? And you appear to be pretty Keen on the treasure hunt. I'll never admit it but I think you may have helped me sort my thoughts. If I get the chest I'll buy everybody in the chase a beer or a Coke...Thoughts comments

Comment

Why quickly?
                  Quickly = Rapidly = Rapids

Comment

Why quickly?
                    Timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninety View Post

Quickly = Rapidly = Rapids
                      NO. Stay out of the water. Especially fast-moving water, such as rapids.
                      Turn around, Don't drown.
                      If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
                      But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

NO. Stay out of the water. Especially fast-moving water, such as rapids.
                        Turn around, Don't drown.
                        Don't catastrophize everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Ninety View Post

Don't catastrophize everything!
                          Meaning what ?
                          Do you see 'rapids' as part of the solution ?
                          If so, what type of interaction with those rapids, should the searcher expect ?
                          If I were so inclined, what type(s) of PPE would I pack to ensure the safety of my 3-year-old gchild ?

I don't really know how it is in your world, maybe all of the geese are swans in your country.
                          But here in mine, idiots are prevalent .

I don't want to see any more lives lost in the chase.
                          An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

No Rapids.
                          Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 01-02-2019, 10:00 AM.
                          If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
                          But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

Fenn talks about horse shoes and horse shoeing,
                            My farrier was always sure to not “quick” my horse.

The nails on the shoes are on the side or edge of the hoof.

Is Fenn bringing attention to a side hill, edge of an embankment etc.?

Comment

The nail is slightly curved so it travels to the outside of the hoof as to not penetrate the quick of the hoof.

In TTOTC he makes a statement about “brakes and thickets of life”

Does he spell brake wrong? In my opinion yes,
                              I think he meant “breaks” and thickets.

A break is a “bank” so to speak, or an amphitheater,
                              a natural occurrence within nature.

Did he hide the bank in a bank?

I sure think the video where he explains how the Indians / Spaniards hid their boxes, seems he is describing how he hid it. Look at his eyes in that video, he is recollecting in my opinion. He always found the key but not the box?

Go figure? Just something for you to dwell on.

Comment

Working...
                              X