What does Forrest Want?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Covert One View Post

I like your rubic's cube analogy here; had one when I was young - the last side of the cube always seems to be the most difficult to solve. When a person goes to solve the last side of the cube, they risk disturbing the sides that were already solved. So to go forward, you risk moving backward in the solution. And the further you go with solving the cube, the more difficult IMO.

Seems the further one goes in solving the poem - the more difficult the later clues (although geographically in a much smaller area). The architect is a master-mind. Some parts of the poem structure were designed by the architect with level floors and plumb walls. Other areas of the structure are a house of mirrors or distorted in some way that make it extremely difficult to move forward.
    I did the cube top, bottom them finished with the middle. That way you won't wreck the sides. The cube is symetric, so messing with the middle only effects 4 pieces. It's a different way if thinking. Works for me.

Comment

I guess the question is, at least in my opinion, is Forrest still thinking?
      "To run where the brave dare not go" -- Darion and Leigh

Comment

Originally posted by Homer View Post
        I guess the question is, at least in my opinion, is Forrest still thinking?
        I'm pretty sure Forrest is still thinking. Right now his thought might be, "...if I were a squirrel, I'd be set for one hundred winters; I'm surrounded by so many nuts!"

Regards,

Orion the Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

I'm pretty sure Forrest is still thinking. Right now his thought might be, "...if I were a squirrel, I'd be set for one hundred winters; I'm surrounded by so many nuts!"
          There needs to be a button beyond like as I definitely needed a good laugh and thanks to you I got one. I find the most humor in things that are designed to be funny yet are surprisingly true. I think the scariest/comforting part is that I am not even close to being the number one nut in the chase.
          "To run where the brave dare not go" -- Darion and Leigh

Comment

Legacy, immortality, call it what you want. I think he just wants to be remembered for as long as possible after his death.
            Life is short and the world is wide

Comment

I don't think he worries much about how he'll feel after his death. He wants "strokes" -- that is, signs of approval from others -- while he's still alive. Getting those strokes now are indications that he'll be remembered after he dies. Typical human nature, in my opinion, and I'm not way critical about this natural development/evolution in humans. The good thing about being remembered
              (for doing good things) after one dies is that it helps inspire people -- after one's death -- to also do good things.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                I don't think he worries much about how he'll feel after his death. He wants "strokes" -- that is, signs of approval from others -- while he's still alive. Getting those strokes now are indications that he'll be remembered after he dies. Typical human nature, in my opinion, and I'm not way critical about this natural development/evolution in humans. The good thing about being remembered
                (for doing good things) after one dies is that it helps inspire people -- after one's death -- to also do good things.
                I agree.
                AKA: Buckeye Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                  Yes. I’m certain that he is inspiring and will continue to inspire others to do something similar to bring a little excitement to someone’s life. Really, that is probably going to be his greatest legacy. I hope it has been as fun and purposeful for him as it’s been for others. I can tell you that as a girl who was raised on The Goonies and Indiana Jones, this has been a dream-come-true and a welcome break from the daily treadmill.

Comment

Originally posted by Tur-a-neu View Post
                    "Difficult but not impossible."
                    Think about this, then the first stanza

Comment

I see it like this .. f made a deal in Vietnam with the gods and kept the deal by going to the waterfall .. when he got cancer he made another deal with the gods and kept that deal by offering the cache he so dearly coveted. He needs not but only to keep his deal... Just the way I see this whole thing

Comment

I pulled all of the colored stickers off, lined them up on the cube, and I’m still stuck “alone in there”.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post

Think about this, then the first stanza
                          lol I guess there is another way to view that stanza - depends on who you are. Thanks for the intrigue.

Comment

Working...
                          X