Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Forrest Want?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What does Forrest Want?

    He needs for nothing from nobody but he wants something. Maybe the hidey hole has been preped nothing there but the chest and the olive jar with the IOU. Forrest got well and it ruined his plan, he reached an age where he knew he couldn’t make it back to his special spot.
    He wants someone to find it so they can place his ashes there. The IOU is only good once he knows you can do what he wants. This is not charity he’s hiring somebody for a job nobody can do. That’s why he says they will have earned it. A desperate last ditch plan for eternity.

    Maybe the chest has everything he said in it but he wants you to leave it there for him so that later you can bring his ashes there. What if there’s 2 chests one for you and one for Forrest. He would really have to trust a person not to double dip.
    Last edited by Imsunbuddynow; 12-28-2018, 02:38 PM.

  • #2
    Think

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Imsunbuddynow View Post
      He needs for nothing from nobody but he wants something. Maybe the hidey hole has been preped nothing there but the chest and the olive jar with the IOU. Forrest got well and it ruined his plan, he reached an age where he knew he couldn’t make it back to his special spot.
      He wants someone to find it so they can place his ashes there. The IOU is only good once he knows you can do what he wants. This is not charity he’s hiring somebody for a job nobody can do. That’s why he says they will have earned it. A desperate last ditch plan for eternity.

      Maybe the chest has everything he said in it but he wants you to leave it there for him so that later you can bring his ashes there. What if there’s 2 chests one for you and one for Forrest. He would really have to trust a person not to double dip.
      That's interesting. However, I truly believe Forrest does not need any desperate last ditch plan (unless there is a legal issue somehow). He does not need anything desperate now or for eternity - particularly for eternity. I think he had that covered simply by a promise. Forrest's character and his effort in this chase speaks about him and I have zero doubt that he has anything to worry about eternity either with mankind or with God. Of course, unless he is The God, he would not know the 'when' and perhaps that is the job to be 'available.' I've met many a person and if given the chance to take the money, they would and not uphold the agreement. No one is perfect. However, there are a few who would uphold even a gentleman's handshake. Such a person would not agree to anything illegal. IMO he has no worries there as his castle is his home. Wow on the thought of double dip! Take double and IMO one would end up losing that double and double 7 times the double. No thanks to that. I imagine that it would be someone who in a way went through 'marital-type vows' together. For better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health -- you go through that and survive it, there is trust. IMO

      The statement, "Difficult but not impossible." In other words, it would take a lot of work in one way to legally achieve the task and that would be 'Difficult'. It it is illegal no matter the means or work that would be 'Impossible'. As long as it is difficult but not impossible - it should be good.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have a feeling that anything Forrest requests of the finder will be done. How could anyone refuse him his last wish after such a quest?
        AKA: Buckeye Bob

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by goldwatch View Post
          I have a feeling that anything Forrest requests of the finder will be done. How could anyone refuse him his last wish after such a quest?
          How - only if one asks an honest person to intentionally, knowingly break a law - in other words, if it is totally impossible without breaking a law. Otherwise it would probably take a genius or maestra to get the task done. Otherwise, he should have no problem.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Diggio
            October 3, 2018 (Mysterious Writings)

            "But I’m still thinking. f"
            Thinking! That is a good thing to do in the chase. Are you seeing double with all of your thinking? Peace

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by goldwatch View Post
              I have a feeling that anything Forrest requests of the finder will be done. How could anyone refuse him his last wish after such a quest?
              By saying "No." . Do you know what his last wish will be? Neither do I. Feelings can be useful. Some are more like thoughts.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

                By saying "No." . Do you know what his last wish will be? Neither do I. Feelings can be useful. Some are more like thoughts.
                I doubt ‘legality’ would stop most. What could/would he possibly ask that (should) be refused?
                Questing (?) song:
                https://soundcloud.com/adamjensenmusic/the-hunter-1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

                  By saying "No." . Do you know what his last wish will be? Neither do I. Feelings can be useful. Some are more like thoughts.
                  Well then let me restate my comment for better comprehension. And this applies to Tur-a-neu too.

                  My restatement: "I feel that Forrest would never ask something of the finder that said finder would not find acceptable, whether morally, ethically, or lawfully. I also feel that any such request will not be beyond the capabilities of the finder to perform. Therefore I feel that any request will be honored by the finder."

                  AKA: Buckeye Bob

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by goldwatch View Post

                    Well then let me restate my comment for better comprehension. And this applies to Tur-a-neu too.

                    My restatement: "I feel that Forrest would never ask something of the finder that said finder would not find acceptable, whether morally, ethically, or lawfully. I also feel that any such request will not be beyond the capabilities of the finder to perform. Therefore I feel that any request will be honored by the finder."
                    The beginning of this threat mentions a possibility of something and in certain circumstances it would be illegal for some wishes. That is to what I referred. Of course, no one really knows what it is and so my responses were based on such lack of detail - a pile of 'ifs'.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

                      I doubt ‘legality’ would stop most. What could/would he possibly ask that (should) be refused?
                      Enough about this thinking. The thread began with ashes - and my comments ended up swirled into something else that he would want. The problem is that unless he actually states himself, it is all entertainment and 'feelings'. Though most would take the money, I would not if it were illegal. I am not the typical type of person out and about the Rockies.

                      Now thinking about this thread, what should be refused? everything that does not come from Forrest. And this rings all too much like last summer and topics on the blogs and IMO a gut feeling went from a flutter of excitement to a native on the warpath. Not even going there.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Forrest has placed his complete story within small stories in TTOTC. I always searched for the man/ boy
                        and what the stories are saying. The hidden meaning in his words or single line statements. The simple statement about his Captain Kidd dream lines up with other statements within the same book. The hints are everywhere. I’ve pointed out each and everyone to Fenn. I would love to find the chest but his story meant more then all the gold. The reason “Why” as he has asked in the poem is in the book, it is hidden among the stories.

                        A lot of authors can tell many a story within a story. Every word has meaning.

                        Things he says in one story, are useful for understanding other chapters of his book.

                        His TTOTC is a rubics cube so to speak, when you can make all the colors line up you will find the chest.

                        I feel I have lined up the colors on three sides and reading the book again to try to complete his puzzle.

                        The goal was for his last statement to be made not by himself but by someone like him. Just as he did for Olga.

                        All opinion, of research of a man, not a treasure.
                        He is the treasure.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 1Trailblazer View Post
                          Forrest has placed his complete story within small stories in TTOTC. I always searched for the man/ boy
                          and what the stories are saying. The hidden meaning in his words or single line statements. The simple statement about his Captain Kidd dream lines up with other statements within the same book. The hints are everywhere. I’ve pointed out each and everyone to Fenn. I would love to find the chest but his story meant more then all the gold. The reason “Why” as he has asked in the poem is in the book, it is hidden among the stories.

                          A lot of authors can tell many a story within a story. Every word has meaning.

                          Things he says in one story, are useful for understanding other chapters of his book.

                          His TTOTC is a rubics cube so to speak, when you can make all the colors line up you will find the chest.

                          I feel I have lined up the colors on three sides and reading the book again to try to complete his puzzle.

                          The goal was for his last statement to be made not by himself but by someone like him. Just as he did for Olga.

                          All opinion, of research of a man, not a treasure.
                          He is the treasure.
                          Well said blazer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ok. I like that I understand the Olga story as to what it means to him about her. Quite a relationship over the years. Sounds like 'friends'. The top? I don't know the mountains from the vantage point of the air down. Was the flutter to the top which was snow covered? or to a lower area that accepted the dust filtering down? Seems like it went to where there was life. That last statement is like . . . you only know the when when it happens. One can think and draft, but it was written after the deed was accomplished by a loving friend.

                            The Captain Kidd would scare me awake as well - lol it is funny as I read it now. And seeing that page, I finally see (as if it were the first time) the statement that it is vital that nobody share my knowledge about the location of the treasure. There's been so much repetition of the following sentence that the one before was overshadowed. There it is.

                            I like your rubics cube example.

                            Well, his last statement appears to be separate yet joined. It is different and quite somber and yet written with understanding that is needed to give the honesty and respect and the message as she would be pleased. Nice to have a plan for whatever it is one sees coming.

                            I wish they had more good times to share but it seems that their time was rather short before he learned why she waited to give him the property. That had to be a difficult understanding. Friends are rare. I understand the loss of them and think if I had to write about my late friend, I would write in the same temperament. Both of my friends have passed too soon.

                            I think every time I read the book it appears to be a totally different book. That sounds weird, doesn't it? Why is it that I keep feeling like it's back to the drawing board - well with a few sentences about my chase adventure already penned. lol

                            Thanks for your post. May your fourth side line up with ease. I would like to finish the botg and go in peace - I've had my response to Forrest's poem and it too is written in poetic verse and the story of Olga seems to somehow fit my response in feeling anyway.

                            You are the encourager and I appreciate it. There are a lot of treasures; it is the which one you seek and why that makes one rise above the others.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 1Trailblazer View Post

                              His TTOTC is a rubics cube so to speak, when you can make all the colors line up you will find the chest.

                              I feel I have lined up the colors on three sides and reading the book again to try to complete his puzzle.
                              I like your rubic's cube analogy here; had one when I was young - the last side of the cube always seems to be the most difficult to solve. When a person goes to solve the last side of the cube, they risk disturbing the sides that were already solved. So to go forward, you risk moving backward in the solution. And the further you go with solving the cube, the more difficult IMO.

                              Seems the further one goes in solving the poem - the more difficult the later clues (although geographically in a much smaller area). The architect is a master-mind. Some parts of the poem structure were designed by the architect with level floors and plumb walls. Other areas of the structure are a house of mirrors or distorted in some way that make it extremely difficult to move forward.

                              In my opinion.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X