X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cynthia’s new blog post WWWH

Cynthia’s new blog post:

http://www.chasingfennstreasure.com/...es-in-the-wwwh

Thanks again to Scott for providing your story. And Cynthia, you ain’t bad yourself at telling it like you see it.
    I have the soul of a gypsy, heart of a hippie, and the spirit of a fairy.

That sure is a gorgeous spot where Molly is in the water.
    Where is that at, Cynthia ? (if you don't mind saying)

As for dipping your feet in the water to see how warm or cold it is, I see that as just another way of Forrest being the crafty fellow that he is.
    Most places where searchers are using for warm waters, are going to be cold to the touch. Unless one is considering hot springs and such.
    And personally, I don't consider those features viable candidates for warm waters.
    But as always, I could very well be wrong.
    If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
    But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

If Forrest has told two different people to dip their toes in their “warm waters” that, to me, seems to indicate that literal temperature of water has nothing to do with the actual solve.

Forrest, being Forrest, is using this as a means to tell them they are “getting colder;” using the physical act to demonstrate a figurative direction.

In other words, their solutions are wrong. Try “getting warmer.”

my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar Bolt View Post
        If Forrest has told two different people to dip their toes in their “warm waters” that, to me, seems to indicate that literal temperature of water has nothing to do with the actual solve.

Forrest, being Forrest, is using this as a means to tell them they are “getting colder;” using the physical act to demonstrate a figurative direction.

In other words, their solutions are wrong. Try “getting warmer.”

my opinion.
        I agree 100%.
        Telling someone to put their foot in it is telling them that they are mistaken.
        https://www.classicthesaurus.com/put_your_foot_in_it
        If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
        But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

In all fairness, I think we should line up and all ask him if our solutions pass the toe test. Then we'd be getting somewhere!

Comment

It's kind of funny that most searchers would swear up and down that Forrest would never intentionally say something to mislead a searcher, because he said he doesn't.

Then many of the same searchers turn around and claim that he said something in an email, or a personal conversation, to help them out, even though he said he wouldn't.

If you believe he's helping you out then you might as well admit that you're just as likely being misled. It's just wishful thinking to favor being helped over being misled, when he said he wouldn't do either. Allowing for one allows for the other, so good luck figuring out which is which.

Anyone who has read his book should know that if you tell Forrest you saw some water, he'll tell you to put your toe in it. That comment is about as neutral as it gets. It's not anymore helpful than the book is already.
            “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

Comment

Mislead makes sense to me. He doesn’t want it found in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                Cynthia’s new blog post:

http://www.chasingfennstreasure.com/...es-in-the-wwwh

Thanks again to Scott for providing your story. And Cynthia, you ain’t bad yourself at telling it like you see it.
                I think Miss Vito knows...that statement holds water.

Comment

As always, Jeremy brings a sage insight to the Chase. It makes me rethink my original assertion that dipping a toe is some sort of advice, either positive or negative to one’s solve.

Anything Forrest says in private, according to rules he set for himself, should not mean anything at all.

Take it as neutral or risk twisting your head wondering if it’s getting you closer or farther away from the treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer View Post
                    Mislead makes sense to me. He doesn’t want it found in my opinion.
                    I now believe that Fenn wants the TC found while he's still alive. Glory won't stroke his ego after he's dead. I'm not trying to exclusively criticize Fenn. We're generally/mostly like that, in my opinion.

Comment

Sounds logical as well, sometimes you have to play both sides of the fence to win at poker...
                      Last edited by 1Trailblazer; 12-11-2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawshadow View Post

I think Miss Vito knows...that statement holds water.
                        I have the soul of a gypsy, heart of a hippie, and the spirit of a fairy.

Comment

As for Scott's WWWH and toe dipping, I think when Forrest gives out little tidbits like that, he's doing it to make you think. It usually means you're wrong, or probably not even thinking the right things, and he's giving you a hint to tell you that. Forrest said "look at the big picture" when it comes to WWWH.

There are a bunch of things that Forrest has said that indicate Scott's solve is almost certainly wrong. The blaze being a single object, WWWH not being associated with a dam (in his solve the cold water coming out of the Heron Dam is running into Rio Chama. It's very close to Heron Dam). Whoever finds the treasure will own it (clearly that's not true at his spot). The logistics of hiding it and covering it up are extremely difficult to resolve with anything Forrest has said about it. It being impractical to move the Blaze (he moved it quite easily). Etc. etc.

Comment

Well, gosh, darn... most of the folks who posted comments here after reading my blog article missed my point. I didn't post the article to insinuate that Fenn saying "dip your toes in the water" is a clue that WWWH is or is not warm water. I was making the point that a GUY publicly crucified another searcher because she was a she and accused her of cheating by using her gender to get insider clues or hints from Fenn, when all along Scott Conway was receiving the same "words" regarding dipping his toes in the warm water.

RollTide, you asked where the picture is... where Molly is dipping her toes in the water? It is the East Fork of the Jemez I think. It was along the Las Conchas Trail just outside the Valles Caldera boundary. Fenn's loot is not there... I looked!

Comment

Cynthia,
                              As for me, I understood that was your main point, but I don't know anything about that. I'm not tuned much into searcher drama and tend to ignore it. I was more interested in why Forrest would say that, and Scott's solution in general. I'm sorry said female person was "crucified" (again, I know nothing about it). But thanks for your blog, which is always appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X