No announcement yet.

New scrapbook from Forrest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I can see how a post like this can be used to solicit more (especially in my case), but there is a lot of useless drama associated with that song. Maybe, we read too much into it, but if it is a clue or hint of some kind, I got the message.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Toolface View Post
      That's why it amazes me that this chest has not been found yet. I think we're a little closer to that scenario Than People realize.

Comment

Barry was clear about what he wanted - no assumptions or questions - She should go for it.

Comment

Doors and windows and secret romances - years and years of advances - Alright already! I hope to be 'healed' by March as is predicted and move from this apartment. Then ok - another summer as so many before. Now sprinkle some fairy dust on me so I can improve my moves lol

Serve up the Ovaltine -- lol I happen to have some here but used most of the milk making an old old old recipe for rice pudding. They use to write the recipes on the old time match book boxes. It's my grandmother's recipe from very long long time ago. First time I'm cooking it for husband - for many years we did not have an oven!

Perhaps, open the door or a window and let me in. I feel like the three little pigs . . . Open the door, it is cold outside . . . I'll take a window, it's cold outside . . . I've got no heat here and my imagination is wild with everyone having a toasty fireplace.

So much was said about Suzanne because she needs to make the decision. What about Barry? Is he sure he knows what he is getting himself into? It is a good thing Barry did not code his intentions and hopes in a POEM lol!

Comment

Temptation, fun, chemistry, life is too short to wait, it is time to live. Fun! The music was great, and did anybody notice Suzanne’s makeup? It was perfect
            I have the soul of a gypsy, heart of a hippie, and the spirit of a fairy.

Comment

No on the makeup - I was totally dazzled by the dress - wow - my style and so inviting like a package with a new bow.

Life is too short - Suzanne, go for it!
              Just believe and go for it!

I think she will - I know she will -

Comment

I think the point of the controversy is he never says what HE wants but instead gives her reasons -- "don't go" excuses like blaming the weather and elements. Speaking for herself, SHE gives him a list of reasons SHE should go -- family waiting up, etc. and then he slips her a mickey and the next thing you know she wants another cigarette. Cigarettes are old TV speak for "consent," FYI. It's art for arts sake.

Comment

Originally posted by garnets View Post
                  I think the point of the controversy is he never says what HE wants but instead gives her reasons -- "don't go" excuses like blaming the weather and elements. Speaking for herself, SHE gives him a list of reasons SHE should go -- family waiting up, etc. and then he slips her a mickey and the next thing you know she wants another cigarette. Cigarettes are old TV speak for "consent," FYI. It's art for arts sake.
                  I just don’t understand...,maybe I’d be arrested too. Her ‘resistance’ is flirty not futile. There are zero drugs alluded to that she (and he) didn’t want. They had a couple drinks and she says “maybe one more cigarette” with a wink she hopes it’s two. Persuasion and flirtation are a far cry from ‘needs to be banned’ territory.

Comment

Seems like I've lived a very sheltered life. These type of things are not part of my knowledge base. lol I didn't see much TV new or old. Being a social outcast and seriously controlled at home, I had no friends and no knowledge of things such as these. I guess things are just better for decision making if people are more forthcoming. There's a lot of social stuff I never learned. Sometimes, I am not sad about it. Sheltered had its advantages. A cigarette meaning consent would never have occurred to me. Thanks for the new info.

Comment

Originally posted by Tur-a-neu View Post
                      A cigarette meaning consent would never have occurred to me. Thanks for the new info.
                      I put consent in quotes for the PG version. Trains entering a tunnel in those old B&W movies typically mean the same thing. I learned it on tv!

Comment

Originally posted by garnets View Post

I put consent in quotes for the PG version. Trains entering a tunnel in those old B&W movies typically mean the same thing. I learned it on tv!
                        Crazy stuff to me - I did not have a real working TV until the late 1980s. Every TV was so-so and most of the time one person had to place their feet at the end bottom corners of the screen for the picture to come in. It was for the Friday line up and the only TV watching allowed. Then, it was a small B&W that never died -- Passonic and very small with a carry handle. I think my first real TV was around 2000. Sheltered from everything lol I watched House of Cards and wondered about the shared cigarette. My husband informed me. lol

Comment

“A very visible political commentator....”

”that person.”

why so vague? If they are so “visible,” why not just name him/her?

Who is this person?

Comment

I finally got a chance to watch the video of Barry and Suzanne. It was awesome and took me back to the old days when I would watch Johnny Carson every night with my father. Johnny had a smoke in his hand and a drink on the desk.
                            The best part they weren’t politically correct.

Seems lots of people are just a bit up tight.

Thanks for the video, think I’ll just dance a bit.

Comment

I find it better to focus on myself and the uptight stress seems to dwindle. I need to take dance lessons in my old age. I figure if vets in wheelchairs can play basketball, I can manage to get a dance with some kind of accommodation. But I'm not a youtuber or viemoer kinda gal; so, the audience is me and the dance is by me - unless someone asks me to dance with them - well, if they are as good looking as Barry . . . na, I'll just dance with any kind heart who is brave enough to share a dance - it's just a dance, not a marriage proposal after all. Sometimes, I just get tired of everyone imposing upon my life - what happened to be free to be just me? I don't have to dance alone, but I do chose to not be fake just to get a dance partner. I suppose - take me or leave me just don't harm me. 2019 New Year's Resolution: It's my life and I will live it as I chose. Join me, don't join me - that is not my choice. Accept me, I will accept you whoever you are. 2019 is going to be a New Me and that Me is Free. I will dance my own dance whether anyone else likes it or mocks me - I will be a butterfly finally and fly away if I care. I seek no one's approval on earth. This sounds delightful, but I bet it will be more challenging than keeping the resolution of dieting food or performing exercises. 2019 is My Freedom - join me or not - I will be free! I don't care anymore if I am politically correct, correct at anything, and don't care about what others demand -

1TB: dance a bit? or play hard to get? Thinking of some of the Latin American dances of yesteryear where play hard to get was part of the dance. Thanks for those memories - so few memories of something good. Thanks!

The Wallflower of yesterday is the butterfly of tomorrow - 2019 that is!

Comment

It is really funny the society that we have become. We have a woman that comes forward years after to accuse a man of sexual harassment. While she was being abused, she was furthering her career through this abuse.
                                Was that fair to the new up and coming actresses that she would not disclose this man?

Absolutly not.

Too bad Rose didn’t start the # Me 1 movement at the beginning of her career. Guess she was afraid she would have to get an ordinary job.

I dance to a different drum. I ignore nobody, I say hello to people walking by and I still open doors for men, women and children.

Lets not complicate whom we are, ignore society to a point but don’t forget why we’re here.

Sometimes there’s more to life then relations.

Comment

Working...
                                X