Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New scrapbook from Forrest

https://dalneitzel.com/2018/12/05/sc...comment-721855
    I have the soul of a gypsy, heart of a hippie, and the spirit of a fairy.

Oddly enough, me and a friend were just discussing this earlier while out and about, and how insane the world seems to have become here lately.

Anyway, I bought myself a nifty new flashlight while I was out .
    After getting home and reading the packaging, I sat here and just shook my head.

" Do not ingest batteries. "

I kid you not.
    If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
    But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
      Oddly enough, me and a friend were just discussing this earlier while out and about, and how insane the world seems to have become here lately.

After getting home and reading the packaging, I sat here and just shook my head.

I kid you not.
      Well it is good advice.
      When you find yourself at the end of the rainbow, you'll have found what you seek.

Comment

First....there is a mini controversy raging around the nation concerning this song. It has been banned in Denver and Cleveland for its perceived bias against the goals of the #MeToo movement.
        Second.....My guess is the video seems to have been made between 8 and 10 years ago...(see recent pictures of Barry.....Suzanne is almost ageless)...so its creation has nothing to do with the above controversy.
        My guess is: just a pleasant hello from Forrest with possibly a reference to: Dont go, its cold outside........ie wait for Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

I kid you not.
          https://youtu.be/3boy_tLWeqA

Comment

I think Suzanne did a great job introducing the subject matter up front.

She's implying she's a good girl, and good girls don't do this kind of thing. But she really wants to. She's torn between living for the moment and doing what she wants, and living up to society's label of a good girl.

The irony here is that being true to yourself beats conforming to society's standards every time. It's not about date rape. It's about two people who want to be together, but other people's rules are in the way.

Comment

It is a cute song and is art. Why is it that so many other artistic forms are not criticized so much even when they make political statements? The ban of it ranks up there with the ban of other written works - just because someone wants 'control'. If a person does not like something, they should decide for themselves to turn it off or toss it in the trash; they do not have the right in the freedom in this country to ban it from ever being a choice by others. Sometimes I wonder what country I'm in. The only good of a ban was to inform teens that bla bla was banned and they rushed to the library or museum.

It is cute and as long as she knows him . . . it's her choice . . . the only caution would be if they'd just met maybe. Can she live with herself the next morning, day, week, year? Only she can decide. Break the spell - well that might take his choice to prove honesty and respect will be the next morning, day, week, year for her. Too many times it is a mistake and well . . . social media has a way to use things against her. But he is a cutie for sure and quite persuasive lol Good thing they know each other and are comfortable with the song and its message - very cute indeed.

Comment

I'd rather ban radio stations from playing holiday music 24-7 altogether.

Comment

When you think about it, it is one holiday and one religion that takes the 24/7 for weeks or a month. Here it's been over a month and not another song has been sung. But they chose to air and I chose to turn off the only station that comes in. lol It's veeeery veery quiet here. hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Tur-a-neu View Post
                    When you think about it, it is one holiday and one religion that takes the 24/7 for weeks or a month. Here it's been over a month and not another song has been sung. But they chose to air and I chose to turn off the only station that comes in. lol It's veeeery veery quiet here. hehehe
                    I have a '53 Zenith radio with a warm vacuum crackle that exclusively plays Christmas music in my home. Mostly it's stuff from before I was born piped through a digital device into the radio, and then scattered like warm light across the house.

EDIT: I should say, the only Christmas music in my home comes from that device, and only sometimes during the season. Not that I'm blasting Bing Crosby's White Christmas in July. That would be psychotic.
                    Last edited by antigroove; 12-06-2018, 12:30 PM.
                    When you find yourself at the end of the rainbow, you'll have found what you seek.

Comment

I get no stations in the apartment and only one in the truck. Perhaps the old technology would be better here than the new stuff - wow a '52 Zenith reminds me of my grandmother's radio when I visited. It would play the songs and she would sing along. Please note, she was tone deaf and it was a sound combo I will never forget. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tur-a-neu View Post
                        I get no stations in the apartment and only one in the truck. Perhaps the old technology would be better here than the new stuff - wow a '52 Zenith reminds me of my grandmother's radio when I visited. It would play the songs and she would sing along. Please note, she was tone deaf and it was a sound combo I will never forget. lol
                        That sounds wonderful. Some of the most attractive people to me are those who aren't afraid to sing in front of others like they're alone in the car.

Great musicians, and people who just love music, don't give a rip about others' skill. Elvis used to jam after his shows with fans and stage workers, all of them just around a piano, giving what they could. It didn't matter that he was literally the greatest, their contributions mattered in that moment too. There's a certain video I have in mind that I can't seem to find right now, but you can see the look of utter fulfillment in his face at one of these sessions. He was clearly so exhausted by his performance before, but how could he pass up a moment to connect with others in such an intimate and wholesome way? Music was his life. Sharing that with others must have been a religious experience to him. There are moments in our lives where the trappings of the world are stripped away and our souls are laid bare for all with eyes to see, and that was one such moment for him. Beautiful soul. Beautiful moment.

My favorite pastime is jamming with people who just give what they can without shame and make way for others to give without judgement. The best sessions are honestly better than sex. I suppose that's a topic for another time.

Comment

I mentioned in a thread yesterday that the whole "cold outside/winter/danger in the mountains" claim is just a clever ruse to hide a bigger reason why it's futile to hunt for the treasure between October and May. I believe the REAL reason is because there's an element in the solution that's only available during the spring/summer. And if it isn't obvious, I'm talking about the sun.

Okay, so why am I posting this here? Because maybe, MAYBE this scrapbook is another way to say this theory is correct.

Here's a song about a guy trying to keep someone from going outside because it's cold, but there's an ulterior motive why he wants her to stay.

Does he care that she will actually be cold if she leaves? Perhaps.

But it's clear that staying, in his mind, would benefit them both in far more ways than simply staying out of the elements.

Can we assume that Forrest is the man in the song and we are the woman; that all along he's been using "the cold" as an excuse because he's been hinting at a different reason all along?

I'd like to believe I know the answer to that question, but as always, these are just my opinions.

Comment

antigroove Elvis - I met his makeup artist many years ago. I'm tone deaf, too, runs in family. lol There was a National Geographic magazine that focused on Geniuses maybe a year ago. I think you would like the articles because one captures what you wrote about. When people manage to remove "What others think" from their minds, they appear to have the most creativity. The article even included some brain-scan stuff to it. I found the copy: May 2017 Genius: Why some people are so much smarter than the rest of us. Looks like it starts on p. 36. Creativity requires imagination and there might be a hint of how to stir the imagination. Who knows where it will go.

Comment

I thought it was a cute little video and song.. made me feel frosty all over...

Comment

Working...
                              X