Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Conway on our show tomorrow.

Hi Search friends,

Tomorrow night Mike and I will be having Scott Conway on the show (Cowlazars channel). He will outline how he got in the search, his solve, the BOTG that made the press, and his next steps. I want to remind everyone that many perspectives are important, we can all learn from each other. He wants to discuss his story in a safe place. I hope you will consider listening to him and asking questions but not ridicule or be rude. We should not assume what we have heard in the press is accurate or think we know more than anyone in this hunt. I appreciate Scott for wanting to give his side of the story.

If you do have questions you want to ask, post here, or bring them to chat, we will be asking him various questions as we discuss his story. Be nice (or better said, don’t be mean) yall, but ask good questions.

Thanks, K
    I have the soul of a gypsy, heart of a hippie, and the spirit of a fairy.

I would like to say something to him.

What he did was pretty out there, but if there's anyone who can empathize with him, it's fellow searchers. The best thing he can do is learn to laugh at the power of passion, just like the rest of us must do as well.

The dude wasn't violent. He didn't stalk Forrest or his family. He didn't threaten or attempt to coerce anyone that I know of. He just went all-in on something he was passionate about. I respect the hell out of that, even when it needs some calibration.

Then I'd ask him what kind of digging equipment I should include in my pack. My last trowel broke (!) in some rocky terrain.

EDIT: Scott, the difference between you and the Lagina brothers on Oak Island is permission and a film crew.
    Last edited by antigroove; 12-02-2018, 09:45 PM.
    When you find yourself at the end of the rainbow, you'll have found what you seek.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo_-9RXJ-9A

Comment

I look forward to this one Kristie & Mike. I look forward to the rest of his story. I remember when I first joined the chase Mike mentioned gold fever in one of his vlogs. I can tell you first hand, I've experienced it. When I reflect back on my BOTG, I realize how blinded I was with confidence. I really didn't even have an exact spot. I must have thought it would just pop out at me. Just for being there, I guess. So if I had an exact spot, I can't say for certain I wouldn't have been digging.

Comment

Scott,
          I want to thank you for going on the K/C program and giving us more of the details. I hope your honesty doesn't negatively impact you legally.

But I think you were brave to bring your solve to us. I do believe we all can benefit from your story. I hope you find the closure you deserve.

Above all, Thank You for Your Service.

Comment

My apologies first,if somehow this is taken in the wrong way.
            But despite Scott's motives my criticism is that he physically destroyed an area that is allegedly (according to Scott) Forrest's place of special meaning. IMO, I doubt this is what Forrest would have intended/wanted even if it was the correct location. While the beginning of his solution is sound, the end is muddied.

Comment

I want to thank Scott for coming on and going through his solve and his journey. Scott seemed a little rattled to some, and he is a vet with a past brain injury. We managed it and he did a great job. He had logic and thought throughout his solve. He is self aware of his challenges and most did not even notice. For those who did, I wanted to clarify. Scott is s smart man who has his own issues, which are amplified through this hunt. I can relate, and if you can’t you are fooling yourself.

For those who believe that only some should get a platform to discuss their solve or discuss this chase. I disagree. I do not agree with parts of his solve, but he a person who is not perfect (NONE of us are) and was brave for sharing his solve in such a public format. I think every story can help. Maybe Scott got the feedback he needed to step away? Maybe someone in the hunt learned what is too far to dedicate in this hunt? Maybe someone realizes something from some part of the solve? I know some of his take aways as we chatted for a while after the show. I am glad we can help with some clarity. I would never judge one man’s journey until I walked in his footsteps.

I believe searchers have something to share and nobody should be discounted simply because they don’t fit in a box of what some people think they should be, judging who should be permitted to share or discuss their search story We all have our own path, and some are compassionate enough to listen to everyone, not judge harshly, and well….. let me get off my soapbox. Again, thank you Scott for your story and letting us help you and having the community learn from you

Comment

Kpro, remind me to donate $20 on the next show for the Elvis line lmao

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                  I want to thank Scott for coming on and going through his solve and his journey. Scott seemed a little rattled to some, and he is a vet with a past brain injury.
                  Thanks for sharing this, I had no idea. I'm guessing that his injury was related to his military service and if so, he is among the greatest of all American Heroes in my book.

I think this may explain why Scott is obviously very smart, so smart in fact that I, and probably most others, just could not understand why he was so fixated on this one particular solve.

I think Scott's solve is a good solve, even a great solve with his Blaze being probably the weakest element. But most of us that have been serious about the Chase even a few months, have come to realize there are LOTS of great solves out there in all four search States. Scott just seemed like he could not accept that while he has a great solve, it may not be THE solve, just as most BOTG searchers have come to realize as they retire their past solves and move on to test new ones.

Most of us would have given up on Scott's solve long before we dug past around six foot deep. I know that's about as deep as any of the holes I have dug up and left open scattered across the Rockies (Tarry Scant you know).

But then most of us have probably not had to overcome a brain injury. That target fixation thing is probably a mild lingering effect of his brain trauma.

Probably Forrest Fenn does not know the challenges Scott has overcome and someone that Forrest listens to needs to pass that on to him.

I don't think there is a searcher among us that would have a problem with Forrest giving Scott some closure on his solve by telling him in private his solve was right or wrong.

And if there is someone that would disagree with asking Forrest to do this for Scott, it would be best if you don't let me know who it is.
                  Last edited by LurkerMike; 12-04-2018, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post

I don't think there is a searcher among us that would have a problem with Forrest giving Scott some closure on his solve by telling him in private his solve was right or wrong.
                    I have no problem with FF telling him yes or no. I believe when it comes to mental health, its best to get closure of some kind. Even if he was right in his solve, he should know.
                    Last edited by HigherRoad; 12-04-2018, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Scott just seemed like he could not accept that while he has a great solve, it may not be THE solve, just as most BOTG searchers have come to realize as they retire their past solves and move on to test new ones.
                      I remember chatting with a searcher about two years ago tht published his solve. He was convinced everyone would be running to his location the minute he put it out there. Obviously, it was like with Scott, most just gave feedback or critical, maybe a couple emailed him. He was shocked.

Just like those who have been to their solves for years and years, they think others are stealing their solves when they discuss them publically on forums and you tube. It is silly. Scott has much over them, IMO, though they judge him, but he is not judging them, neither am I , I feel sorry for them.

Comment

And if there is someone that would disagree with asking Forrest to do this for Scott, it would be best if you don't let me know who it is.
                        Yes there would be. And no, I won’t say, but be rest assured there would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Will197532 View Post
                          Kpro, remind me to donate $20 on the next show for the Elvis line lmao
                          Yeah, I delivered. Haha. Tell the cow the $20 super chat is to take me out for a drink let’s make him blush a little.

Comment

Working...
                          X