Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EDITED NOT FOUND - I found the Forrest Fenn treasure near Dinosaur National Monument

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post
    Granted, these "Hoax Conspiracy Theory" people are a nuisance sometimes.

But there are far worse real possibilities we could encounter in the Chase than them, and those people don't post a lot.
    I agree. Believe me I agree. But since Forrest has indicated that he will announce when the TC is found here, it makes it tricky to allow for these types of claims. Does it make a permanent ban for life? No, but it is a violation of the rules. Therefore a banning occurs if those who do not wish to comply with the rules continue to violate them. I won’t judge, they have their reasons for thinking what they do, but I think the rules are reasonable.
    I have the soul of a gypsy, heart of a hippie, and the spirit of a fairy.

Comment

Reasonable to the extent that it dissuades these kinds of people coming here and taking up valuable real estate claiming, yet again, that they found the treasure. There are way too many like that already, and it just muddies the conversation.

in other words, it’s a great policy and I’m glad you lay the hammer down quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Bama View Post
        Checked my topo map. Your solution is invalid due to elevation. Vermillion Falls area is less than 6000' elevation. It is well known that the search area is 6000-10200' in elevation.
        Consolation prize is available, however. Please contact Ranger Smith at Jellystone Park for details...
        Frank, I suggest you re-investigate the elevation range (min, max) based on what Fenn said.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Frank, I suggest you re-investigate the elevation range (min, max) based on what Fenn said.
          See post #20 He already has!

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

But since Forrest has indicated that he will announce when the TC is found here, it makes it tricky to allow for these types of claims.
            Doh!

As a newbie here I did not make that connection or realize the "cry wolf" aspect on this forum, where the world is awaiting the real announcement, is far more than a mere nuisance.

But that's part of the fun I'm having with the Chase, learning something new everyday. And sometimes two things on certain Sundays.

Did Forrest ever say what day of the week he hid the chest?

See how my mind works?

Just like a bear trap, an old rusty steel one with a broken spring.

Comment

LurkerMike: Forrest hasn't said, by I'm sure it was a Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Absolutely and with total confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                  Z,

How so? Is that info part of solve or logic process? I would think it would more likely be on a weekday, when weekend warriors arent out. I do recall Forrest saying that he hid it in August, though. ( dals, answer to question from school kids ).

Hey jdiggins, do you think the “august” remark could have been a hidden joke? He hid the treasure (AU) in august?

Comment

He did hide it in and around his church, so Sunday sounds logical.

Comment

Originally posted by astree View Post

Z,

How so? Is that info part of solve or logic process? I would think it would more likely be on a weekday, when weekend warriors arent out. I do recall Forrest saying that he hid it in August, though. ( dals, answer to question from school kids ).

Hey jdiggins, do you think the “august” remark could have been a hidden joke? He hid the treasure (AU) in august?
                      'stree, you been around long enough to know better.....how do get 'August', from his comment?

Could you also tell was time of year you hid the treasure?
                      Yes, it was summer.

https://dalneitzel.com/2017/02/08/forrest-gets-mail-13/

great ta see ya hanging in, so many have dropped out

Comment

Here are two more from the above link. The comments started in Feb 2017 so I'm guessing that's around when it was posted. I had never read those before. These two have me thinking

When was the last time you have been to where the treasure is hidden?
                        A few years ago

Have you ever revisited the place you hid it
                        No

Comment

Z,

Hi Astree: it's just a theory based on Forrest possibly encoding the hide date in the poem (6-20-2010), which was not only a Sunday, it was Father's Day and the last day of spring. It would make his oft-stated remark about nobody finding the chest on a Sunday afternoon picnic or a Spring Break pretty funny (get the irony on both counts?)

Comment

Z,

Astree, perhaps...
                            or French.
                            1. to the; at the; with the
                            gust...

a Chinook maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by ricardo View Post
                              Respectfully, I believe FF hid what he described and I believe it was found this last summer. We likely won’t hear from the finder until next spring if ever.
                              Why would the finder wait so long? If I find the TC, I'd anonymously -- and promptly -- let the world know that the find has happened.
                              Last edited by Old Pilot; 12-06-2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ricardo View Post
                                Respectfully, I believe FF hid what he described and I believe it was found this last summer. We likely won’t hear from the finder until next spring if ever.
                                Since Old Pilot brought this one up, I'd like to extend the thought.

This is a completely baseless claim, and actually doesn't make any sense when you think it through. Logically, here's a couple of points:

1. The person who finds the chest will likely be heavily invested in the Chase. I agree with what Forrest has said. The finder will not be the type of person who will be able to keep it quiet. You don't solve one of the biggest mysteries of the 21st Century and simply slink into the shadows;

2. The finder will already know the potential danger they would be putting future searchers in by not coming forward. No one wants blood on their hands by not declaring the Chase over.

Finally, why on earth would someone find it last summer and wait until the following spring to say they found it? It makes absolutely no sense.

So, if you want to come on here stating that you believe the chest has been found, even by someone that's not you, PLEASE provide some kind of proof based on something other than your feelz.

Comment

Working...
                                X