Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Item in Chest

what do you suppose it is?

I would like a lucky souvenir. Something that has no value at auction but is meaningful to the finder and unique to the chase. I don't know what, Just something you can hold in your hand years later and think "I remember when I found this."

Comment

I remember reading a quote where ff said something along the lines that the secret items would make the finder laugh. I think the poem may tell you part of it though. IMO

Comment

A Gold Rolex!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ricardo View Post
          A Gold Rolex!!!
          I believe a gold Rolex is too gaudy for Fenn's taste. An Omega Speedmaster would be a pilot's first choice as it is the first wristwatch certified by NASA for spaceflight and still the only wristwatch certified for EVA and the only watch to have gone to the moon. (Open the image for better resolution than zoom in on Aldrin's right wrist.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	man-on-the-moon1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	183.3 KB ID:	68183
          Last edited by Music in the Wind; 12-02-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

A Gold Rolex!!!
            That don't impress me much.
            If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
            But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

I'd laugh if the "secret sumthin" was a plaque with the word PIRATE etched on it. I mean...aren't we all?

Comment

A Gold Rolex!!!
                FENN: ... I told myself, when I retired from the Air Force after 20 years, I had to drive about eight miles to get to my home in Lubbock, TX. I got about halfway home and a weird feeling came over me. I stopped my little Volkswagon Bug along the road there, climbed through a barbed wire fence out into a cotton field. Couple of hundred yards out there. I took my watch off and I threw it just as far as I could throw it..... I said, “Forrest Fenn, you’ll never get up before daylight again, and you’ll never go to bed before dark.” And I haven’t done that. Those are two promises I made to myself.

Doesn't sound like someone who is going to put a wristwatch into the chest and think of it as treasure; better try again.
                Favorite ff quote: ".... When these guys are making a mistake I don’t want to interrupt them." -ff
                Search Theme Song: Flirtin' With Disaster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci3afKw_mcY

Comment

I believe it is something that forces the researcher to reveal that he has found the treasure.

Comment

Or a deed

Comment

Originally posted by FennMaster View Post

FENN: ... I told myself, when I retired from the Air Force after 20 years, I had to drive about eight miles to get to my home in Lubbock, TX. I got about halfway home and a weird feeling came over me. I stopped my little Volkswagon Bug along the road there, climbed through a barbed wire fence out into a cotton field. Couple of hundred yards out there. I took my watch off and I threw it just as far as I could throw it..... I said, “Forrest Fenn, you’ll never get up before daylight again, and you’ll never go to bed before dark.” And I haven’t done that. Those are two promises I made to myself.

Doesn't sound like someone who is going to put a wristwatch into the chest and think of it as treasure; better try again.
                      For thoughtful searchers you should try to recognize the irony (or hidden meaning). But what I could have said was a new Mercedes or maybe a new house, or a college education or a hundred gold watches. Or maybe all of the above.

Comment

A can of beer. If I had to guess what kind... a collectible like Billy or JR.

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                          A can of beer. If I had to guess what kind... a collectible like Billy or JR.
                          But how about for teetotaler like me?

Comment

Well, you don't drink it unless you're parched or have a nice salad with you (it would be vinegar). A Billy or JR from the chest would net you an easy $50 resale.

Comment

I would laugh if it were the holy grail.

Comment

Working...
                              X