Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No searchers confirmed as close in the last 3 or 4 years...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No searchers confirmed as close in the last 3 or 4 years...

Even though there are 3x the people BOTG, posting, blogging, sending Forrest emails... more cameras, pictures, more people everywhere, people moving in, mining, and especially great progress into the solve? So... what was ruled-out that took their attention away? Elevation, dams, states, Manmade structures... What was introduced? Maps, more books, different versions of information... something has caused people to not go there, or has caused Forrest to either not know if they are close - or to not say.
    There is something to this timeline of activity near and proximity to the chest going down as hundreds of thousands more people are out combing. And for my solve, this is great. The only help I will give here is that "we must, for some reason, revisit the early days of this chase to get close again."

In the early days, FF paid closer attention to correspondance. He gets so much email and letters that his interest has diminished - he can't look at every thing he receives and he has said "the luster is off the lilly". Has anyone heard him indicate that no one has been close recently or are you judging that since nothings been heard lately from him to that affect. Wondering? And thanks.

Comment

It is my gut feeling that "gut feeling" was not based on a sent-in solve. And still, no answer to whether people have been wise and found the blaze. But if my feeling is right on that, the CERTAINLY would not tell anyone that layout. Its a doozie... not that i know...

Comment

I do think searchers have been closer in the armchair part, but not in the proximity. Thats where it must get complicated for Forrest to address: the analytical work people have done. His comments on that would lend to much to the leaders. I really do believe wholeheartedly that he wants it found soon.

Comment

Maybe just ask Forrest to fill in the blanks..
          A (man/woman/pair/group) was closest to the treasure in (year).

that's vague enough, maybe he will answer?

Comment

FF did say (last March?) the he felt it would be found this past summer. What did he base that statement on...emails from searchers? BTW, I think he was right.

Comment

Originally posted by ricardo View Post
              FF did say (last March?) the he felt it would be found this past summer. What did he base that statement on...emails from searchers? BTW, I think he was right.
              i too think it was found.

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                Even though there are 3x the people BOTG, posting, blogging, sending Forrest emails... more cameras, pictures, more people everywhere, people moving in, mining, and especially great progress into the solve? So... what was ruled-out that took their attention away? Elevation, dams, states, Manmade structures... What was introduced? Maps, more books, different versions of information... something has caused people to not go there, or has caused Forrest to either not know if they are close - or to not say.
                There is something to this timeline of activity near and proximity to the chest going down as hundreds of thousands more people are out combing. And for my solve, this is great. The only help I will give here is that "we must, for some reason, revisit the early days of this chase to get close again."
                In the early quotes of Forrest saying "People that have been within 200 feet of the treasure didn't know they were there"; implying they didn't have it solved; so they were there walking by for some other reason or they had the correct general area only. But there is no way they are going to find it with just the correct general area until they have the complete solve. Revisiting old areas isn't going to help unless you know it's the right area and you're able to solve the whole poem.

I don't believe it has been found.
                Favorite ff quote: ".... When these guys are making a mistake I don’t want to interrupt them." -ff
                Search Theme Song: Flirtin' With Disaster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci3afKw_mcY

Comment

Due to my own work on this, of which has led to a somewhat unlikely place and solution path, I am under the impression that it could be found within 3 years by a solve and within 30 years by accident. Id sure love to scour the place like all Spring long and release the why of what led me there, but damn, too much info given if not found, putting me in the field again. Already spent 6 weeks below a pass waiting for it to open & then the last snow was June 12 there, but I'm a good, campy psycho I guess. Pretty sure I know exactly why he'd put it where I'm focusing on.

Comment

I looked it up- it was from the 02/04/18 6 Q’s on Mysterious Writings. He also said this which I somehow missed earlier:

The Chinese have a saying, “The tree grows slowly, but the earth is patient.”

Comment

I thought for sure that this past summer was the end of the rainbow for someone.
                      So, will we see a laureate next year or will the holdup continue?
                      It's a nail biter, folks. A real nail biter.
                      AKA: Buckeye Bob

Comment

The time has come to talk of many things: of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--of cabbages--and kings--and why the sea is boiling hot--and whether pigs have wings.
                        When you find yourself at the end of the rainbow, you'll have found what you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                          It is my gut feeling that "gut feeling" was not based on a sent-in solve. And still, no answer to whether people have been wise and found the blaze. But if my feeling is right on that, the CERTAINLY would not tell anyone that layout. Its a doozie... not that i know...
                          I have found the Blaze!

Comment

But he clarified that gut feeling was based on nothing, and no, it has not been found. Yet!
                            I have the soul of a gypsy, heart of a hippie, and the spirit of a fairy.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

But he clarified that gut feeling was based on nothing, and no, it has not been found. Yet!
                              Perhaps he just ate one too many Frito pies that day? Doh!

Comment

Working...
                              X