Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone
    Defender, but by the Grace go us all.

I will be trying my first hot springs next BOTG. First Thermopolis which was recommended to me and then back to the beginning. I have a strong need for the exercitation (thank you RT and his thesaurus).
    I thought about Thetmopolis on my first day looking for Fenn. I went to the library to check out the topos of the area, and both the Rattlesnake Gulch and Owl Creek maps were missing (meek, wise). I figured they were filched by eatlier searchers. I was attracted to Thetmopolis because the first map I saw was the silhouette map, and Fenn's right kidney is directly over Thermo, and that's almost where his warm waters halted. There is the canyon down (Shoshone) to the reservoir and the Brown mineral deposits visible on GE. It didnt take me long to realize that there are thiusands of hot springs out there, so why would those ones be special? This led me to my first moment of epiphany, and I haven't looked back since. There are many searchers in that area, but I decided early on that it didn't figure in importantly in Fenn's past. I'd recommend that you see what you can find there. You will not be the only one with a high desert WWWH.
    Last edited by Music in the Wind; 12-03-2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone
      My beginning point is far from Thermopolis, but I am excited to see their Dino museum too- especially the Archaeopteryx exhibit. Supposedly it’s the most complete specimen missing only part of its neck, and I t’s the closest thing we have to a Phoenix- a theme I’m quite fond of. The daily dig is too pricey- maybe trip after next.

I think he would’ve hidden the chest in the same place no matter what brand of cancer or disease. I think it’s a place where he feels at home. Getting real itchy for this snow to melt.
      I saw Archaeopteryx in Munich. Amazing. It is a German bird after all. I saw Lucy in Paris. She wasn't born a French girl, but move a girl from Africa to Paris and Coco Chanel took over.

I and I don't think the cancer is that much of an issue, but my GZ is strangely kidney shaped. It sure it is a good place to die. That's what makes my location so interesting, uncommon and just a bit more possible than some others.
      Last edited by Music in the Wind; 12-03-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

An epiphany can occur at most unexpected moments. This morning, I learned “where warm waters halt” while taking a too-long shower. I was unable to brave the cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Music in the Wind View Post

I saw Archaeopteryx in Munich. Amazing. It is a German bird after all. I saw Lucy in Paris. She wasn't born a French girl, but move a girl from Africa to Paris and Coco Chanel took over.

I and I don't think the cancer is that much of an issue, but my GZ is strangely kidney shaped. It sure it is a good place to die. That's what makes my location so interesting, uncommon and just a bit more possible than some others.
          You should try to hook up with Guy From Denver .
          His end game, or "GZ" was also "kidney shaped".
          You guys might be in the same area.
          Plus, he was always talking about going to the library.
          You guys would probably make a good team.
          Just curious, do you happen to ride the bus to work ?
          And he sure did favor the term "ground zero", what you refer to as GZ.
          As a matter of fact, he is the only one on this site that I can recall ever using that term. And he used it quite extensively.
          He also had quite the issue with typos and spell-check.
          Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 12-03-2018, 10:36 AM.
          If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
          But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

You should try to hook up with Guy From Denver .
            His end game, or "GZ" was also "kidney shaped".
            You guys might be in the same area.
            Plus, he was always talking about going to the library.
            You guys would probably make a good team.
            Just curious, do you happen to ride the bus to work ?
            And he sure did favor the term "ground zero", what you refer to as GZ.
            As a matter of fact, he is the only one on this site that I can recall ever using that term. And he used it quite extensively.
            He also had quite the issue with typos and spell-check.
            Do you, by chance, have eiditic memory? If so, I have like, 10 jelly sandwiches. (Not sarcastic- serious jelly).

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

Do you, by chance, have eiditic memory? If so, I have like, 10 jelly sandwiches. (Not sarcastic- serious jelly).
              Oh, it's nothing as mysterious as that.

"So hear me all and listen good …"
              "I always listened closely when he talked and told me things." (page 7, TTOTC)

"...some of the things I do pretty good I'm better at than some of those college guys are at what they do pretty good." (page 11, TTOTC)

https://www.classicthesaurus.com/pay...on_to/synonyms

"... my GZ is strangely kidney shaped."
              " The end of my solution looks like a kidney."
              " The gross anatomy of the right kidney is an areal snapshot of >>>ground zero<<< (GZ) of my solution."

What are the odds ?
              Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 12-04-2018, 09:04 AM.
              If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
              But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

Working...
              X