Humorism and Where Warm Waters Halt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humorism and Where Warm Waters Halt

Humorism is a very old, holistic belief in balance and health in relation the four essential bodily fluids, the humors: blood, black bike, yellow bile and phlegm. For a primer on the humors refer to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humorism.

While having it's roots in Greek philosophy et. al., humorism was regarded as fact until mid-nineteenth century medical scientific reasoning took over. An excess in black bike was thought to be the cause of cancer, so by increasing a combination of the other humors you could be cured.

Do not confuse current medical definitions of the humors with their classical meaning. All four are products of human blood settling.

Forrest was dying of cancer of his inferior renal vena cava. Were he to die his warm waters, his humors, would have halted in his body.

From the diagram you can see that along the wet side there is a line dividing hot and cold. This would be warm. This occurs where hot air and cold water meet. Most of the where warm waters halt ideas I have seen are places where hot waters meet cold waters. Humorism gives another possibility.

Where do hot airs meet cold waters? En Español Aire Caliente y Agua Fria.

Please share your thoughts.
    Last edited by Music in the Wind; 11-30-2018, 02:45 PM.

I couldn’t get the diagram to display?

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
      I couldn’t get the diagram to display?
      The diagram is on the Wiki link. I attached it, but that is a computer for you. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181125-224435.png
Views:	1
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	68034

Comment

Originally posted by Music in the Wind View Post
        Were he to die his warm waters, his humors, would have halted in his body.
        That is too far to walk.
        Whelp, anything to complete the mission eh?
        At least God had a sense of humor.

it is interesting that instead of reducing black bile (in the cancer example) however one would do that, they tried to raise the levels of the other 3- again, however one does this. Like making a light part of a painting brighter by making the darks darker.

The similarities to Ayurvedic is also note worthy in that it also tries to balance out the 3 life elements.
        Vata dosha (space and air)
        Pitta dosha (fire and water)
        Kapha dosha (water and earth)
        Last edited by Rose Livingstone; 11-30-2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I tried to integrate the two ideas by diagramming the sweet spot. Instead I drew a fox.

Comment

I tried to integrate the two ideas by diagramming the sweet spot. Instead I drew a fox.
            Just one twist away from one of these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Make-a-Cootie-Catcher-(Origami-Fortune-Teller)-Step-10-Version-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	68057

Comment

it is interesting that instead of reducing black bile (in the cancer example) however one would do that, they tried to raise the levels of the other 3- again, however one does this. Like making a light part of a painting brighter by making the darks darker.
              Reducing one or increasing the others are all ways to achieve balance.

Comment

Honestly, I think that's going into specialized knowledge, not something a redneck from Texas will likely know.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post
                  Honestly, I think that's going into specialized knowledge, not something a redneck from Texas will likely know.
                  I do not believe it is specialized. It's historical. It's been around since before the Greeks, so by this time word has got out. I'm a redneck from the boondocks, and I read about homorism in junior high. Don't sell us rednecks short. Forrest Fenn seems like a smart enough guy... for a redneck. The man that wrote the following seems to be one smart cookie to me:

There was a much celebrated musician who owned a very valuable Stradivarius violin. Once he played in Carnegie Hall to a packed crowd of black ties and bodice-laced dresses. The audience was rapt, enthralled, mesmerized. It was the greatest music they had ever heard.

At the conclusion of the concert, a standing ovation lasted fifteen minutes as the violinist accepted the accolades he so richly deserved. When everyone was finally seated again, the performer took the violin and smashed it over a chair, sending splinters careening into the second tier. A bourbon hush fell over the stunned crowd as the musician raised his bow and announced. “That was not my Stradivarius, it isn’t the violin, it’s the violinist.”

I forgot what the question was…oh, now I remember.

In contrast, for me it’s not so much the poet as it is the words. There are a few poems located somewhere in the back of my memory where I can pull them out on occasion, mostly for my own enjoyment. Much of the time I don’t remember who wrote the words because I am not cultured enough to care, if the truth were known. An exception isInvictus by Henley, as you observed.

There is poetry for all occasions and sometimes I startle even myself with words that I can remember. As we all know, words can both sooth and alarm your pulse, and that’s what makes it so interesting.f
                  Last edited by Music in the Wind; 12-01-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

While I'm not planning to go down this rabbit hole I think it's worth pointing out to any who are that the four humors as related to health matters stems from much earlier Chinese medicine. Look into reading the principles of the I-Ching & of accupuncture. Lots of this stuff ties in with the four directions as well as elements and body conditions such as dry, damp, hot/cold, excess ying, weak yang, etc.
                    "It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
                    And I'm most obliged to you for making it clear that
                    I'm not here" -Syd Barrett

Comment

Originally posted by HelenKane View Post
                      While I'm not planning to go down this rabbit hole I think it's worth pointing out to any who are that the four humors as related to health matters stems from much earlier Chinese medicine. Look into reading the principles of the I-Ching & of accupuncture. Lots of this stuff ties in with the four directions as well as elements and body conditions such as dry, damp, hot/cold, excess ying, weak yang, etc.
                      You are correct. For this reason I included this line in the original posting: "While having it's roots in Greek philosophy et. al., " et.al meaning, and others. Ancient Egyptians also held concepts closely related to the humors which pre-dated the Greeks, but the works of the Greek philosophers are better documented and kept in the historical record and being a more "Western" culture, their traditions are more familiar, so this is why I focused on them. It is interesting to note that cultures through time and geography came across similar results. For the most part this is because blood settles the same pretty much all over.

This isn't really a rabit hole as it is a thought that can be explored. I welcome new ideas. Thanks for your input.
                      Last edited by Music in the Wind; 12-01-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

If I start adding more ancient wisdom to my diagram it will look more like a tesseract than the paper question origami thing you aptly metaphored.
                        Maybe that’s the answer. A fully functional mechanical tesseract that adheres both spatially and temporally in order to cure all disease.
                        A sculptor with mechanical engineering bkgrnd. Unless electricity is needed. Then maybe a couple assistants not sensitive to copper.
                        Also neodymium.
                        Last edited by Rose Livingstone; 12-01-2018, 10:44 PM. Reason: Not temporality

Comment

If I start adding more ancient wisdom to my diagram it will look more like a tesseract than the paper question origami thing you aptly metaphored.
                          Maybe that’s the answer. A fully functional mechanical tesseract that adheres both spatially and temporally in order to cure all disease.
                          A sculptor with mechanical engineering bkgrnd. Unless electricity is needed. Then maybe a couple assistants not sensitive to copper.
                          Also neodymium.
                          Don't forget sweaters. It could get nippy when you blow the fuses out.

Comment

Originally posted by Music in the Wind View Post

Don't forget sweaters. It could get nippy when you blow the fuses out.
                            I like this thread.

Comment

Rose, this is because we prefer happy, thinking threads in our little fantasy world.

Now to thought. I could just as well have looked at it the other way. Even though water is on the cold side, at the line in the middle it is still warm, so one could also be that warm waters halt where they are going from cold to hit and then halt when they meet the air. Most of the hot springs I go to start with cold stream water flowing into a geothermal source and then cool off in the air after leaving the spring.

Conjecture to consider, but I think the reason this thread isn't getting much action is because Fenn's warm waters are almost certainly blood, likely his, that halt in the body, likely his heart, and this is a bit too close to many searchers WWWH for comfort, and they don't want to give their secret that we all already know, away, or so I say.

Comment

Working...
                              X