No announcement yet.

The Blaze and Double Omega

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that it really matters, just thinking. And maybe someone else has mentioned this before.

Per ttotc pg 62, Donnie got delirious and was riding on only one foot stirrup (right strap broke). So he was riding on only two horseshoes (omegas?). Does this represent nigh (left)?

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post
      They could just be a pair of horseshoes you know...

Did Forrest ever say the word "Omega"?

If he did I challenge anyone to find a cite for it because I can't.

My thinking is this word "Omega" has been introduced into Chase lore by someone other than Forrest Fenn.

Think about that.
      I've seen that line tossed around before as well, but I've never seen it anywhere in print. Can you provide a kink to your source? Thanks.

Comment

He talks Alpha at times.
        Maybe he shops at Alpha Beta?
        Was having a gut feeling while shopping.
        Who knows, if it mattered it would have been found years ago. It goes to his grave with him next to the tower.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
          Yes LurkerMike, he did -- on Mysterious Writings: "The relevance of the double omegas will go to the grave with the man who wrote the poem. f"
          I often see this quote quoted but not attributed to Forrest directly. That's what I can't find.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
            The Blaze is the first Omega. The second Omega is reliant on the word that is key. That Omega marks the spot.

Do you know the connection between the Blaze and the first Omega?

So one blaze at the beginning and one at the end??

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
              I don't concern myself with the omegas; they aren't in the poem, and while they are in at least 3 of Forrest's books, one of those books has nothing to do with the Chase.
              I believe they are in the poem, halt and cease
              If you notice, those words seem to be at the first and last place. Begin... halt & quest to cease

Comment

Originally posted by Music in the Wind View Post

I often see this quote quoted but not attributed to Forrest directly. That's what I can't find.
                Hello Music,

Well, for me, this is as good as coming from directly from fenn:

https://dalneitzel.com/2013/11/19/sc...#comment-27861

Dal on November 19, 2013 at 7:10 pm said:
                Deb-
                As soon as I saw the DOs I knew there would be questions. I asked Forrest about them.
                Here is his response-
                “the relevance of the double omegas will go to the grave with the man who wrote the poem”

Dal on November 19, 2013 at 7:15 pm said:
                Deb-
                Forrest asked me to correct the typo and add the DOs and add the picture of the blue truck.

(apparently fenn decided to have the Omegas added, after the fact, and requested Dal add them to Digging Gypsy's story)

** There are very few searchers whose second or third hand information I accept unquestioningly…..Dal is one of them.**

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post

Hello Music,

Well, for me, this is as good as coming from directly from fenn:

https://dalneitzel.com/2013/11/19/sc...#comment-27861

Dal on November 19, 2013 at 7:10 pm said:
                  Deb-
                  As soon as I saw the DOs I knew there would be questions. I asked Forrest about them.
                  Here is his response-
                  “the relevance of the double omegas will go to the grave with the man who wrote the poem”

Dal on November 19, 2013 at 7:15 pm said:
                  Deb-
                  Forrest asked me to correct the typo and add the DOs and add the picture of the blue truck.

(apparently fenn decided to have the Omegas added, after the fact, and requested Dal add them to Digging Gypsy's story)

** There are very few searchers whose second or third hand information I accept unquestioningly…..Dal is one of them.**
                  I've seen Deal's quotes, and not only is it heresy, second hand information, but I have also read quotes that Dal also has a dubious reputation with honesty.

I don't put much on any of these remarks. I'm not saying Forrest didn't say anything at all, but before I put much effort into the omega thing, I would need a bit more to go on. Tarry scant is fairly, though not completely, comprehensive, and you get zero hits if you search it for the word omega.

I guess since Forrest is attributed with saying that the person that write the poem will take that secret to the grave, and we are mostly all working on Fenn being the author, then despite our assumptions about omega, even after the treasure had been found, we will never know the real deal.

Not claiming mistrust, but I am skeptical.
                  Last edited by Music in the Wind; 12-05-2018, 03:21 PM.

Comment

but I have also read quotes that Dal also has a dubious reputation with honesty.
                    I'm really surprised that you would have a problem with that, even if it were true (which I seriously doubt).
                    After all, it was you who made this comment : "Sometimes lies are more dependable than the truth."
                    You made that comment after I called you out for some inconsistencies that caused me to question Your honesty.
                    #31And yes, you have already said enough to convince me that you are Wandering Lost-aka-Guy From Denver.

Here we go again ...

If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
                    But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

I've seen Deal's quotes, and not only is it heresy, second hand information, but I have also read quotes that Dal also has a dubious reputation with honesty.

I don't put much on any of these remarks. I'm not saying Forrest didn't say anything at all, but before I put much effort into the omega thing, I would need a bit more to go on. Tarry scant is fairly, though not completely, comprehensive, and you get zero hits if you search it for the word omega.

I guess since Forrest is attributed with saying that the person that write the poem will take that secret to the grave, and we are mostly all working on Fenn being the author, then despite our assumptions about omega, even after the treasure had been found, we will never know the real deal.

Not claiming mistrust, but I am skeptical.
                      Guy from Denver / Wandering Lost - you're back....
                      In my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
                        The Blaze is the first Omega. The second Omega is reliant on the word that is key. That Omega marks the spot.

Do you know the connection between the Blaze and the first Omega?
                        The omega is finite. It halts. It ends.
                        The blaze is cyclical without an end.
                        The interim is life, and the friends who intersect with a wink and a smile.

Forrest Fenn I don't know how you did it but holy cow. Your quest is difficult.

Comment

Holly heck, for real???? No more or I will check IPs. Get some self awareness .......
                          I have the soul of a gypsy, heart of a hippie, and the spirit of a fairy.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                            Holly heck, for real???? No more or I will check IPs. Get some self awareness .......
                            For really real.
                            Not a doubt in my mind anyway.
                            If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
                            But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

This should be entertaining.

Comment

Double omegas interesting, I wonder if there's two double omegas and a single omega. Every good treasure hunt has got booby traps and trickery. Obviously Forrest Fenn does not have a dangerous booby trap more like a laugh at yourself moment.
                                Last edited by The eventual finder; 12-06-2018, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X