Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying to hidey spot.. Did he?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flying to hidey spot.. Did he?

    Maybe old pilot can answer this.. it use to be that the only time you needed a pilots license was if you crashed or were in an FAA investigation.. f was a maverick and didn't care much for the rules. But was a good pilot.. he his the treasure in a day(afternoon) whatever and says he was back before the misses really even noticed he was gone. Renting a plane without a license was no problem back in the day.. could he have accessed a plane to use? at 79 or 80 he still looked to me like he had the mettle to fly just not the doctors approval..

  • #2
    He has never said a single thing about being back before his wife noticed he was gone.

    Comment


    • #3
      His wife could have been with family elsewhere!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JChere View Post
        Maybe old pilot can answer this.. it use to be that the only time you needed a pilots license was if you crashed or were in an FAA investigation.. f was a maverick and didn't care much for the rules. But was a good pilot.. he his the treasure in a day(afternoon) whatever and says he was back before the misses really even noticed he was gone. Renting a plane without a license was no problem back in the day.. could he have accessed a plane to use? at 79 or 80 he still looked to me like he had the mettle to fly just not the doctors approval..
        Re: "could he have accessed a plane to use?" . . . Yes. He made several trips by plane, as have I.
        Last edited by Old Pilot; 11-13-2018, 09:07 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Here's something I've never seen discussed.
          Does anybody know/have the tail numbers from the two planes Forrest owned when he also owned the gallery?

          One was the plane pictured in TTOTC in Tea with Olga, a piper turbo (something), and the other a piper malibu mirage.
          Edit: Found this on a quick G search: My plane was a Rockwell Commander 112 turbo charged single engine, made by North American

          Scrapbook on the malibu mirage: https://dalneitzel.com/2013/02/23/scrapbook-thirteen/
          Little more research shows I believe this is Forrest's (Sweet) former Piper PA-46-350P Malibu Mirage http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/001138229L.html
          Last edited by SierraCharlie; 11-13-2018, 07:08 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            He also flew helicopters. He assisted flying in searching for missing treasure hunters. He has access to one in Sante Fe. I wish someone would asked him early on. How he found his treasure spot? Would of eliminated a lot of possibilities. If it was truly just a place he found hiking or fishing. Then you could put a travel distance/time on from where he left from.

            Comment


            • #7
              There's at least 5 questions he said he didn't want to respond to. If anyone has a full list. It would be appreciated. Things he wouldn't answer are almost as important as some of the extra clues he has given.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sunburnt View Post
                There's at least 5 questions he said he didn't want to respond to. If anyone has a full list. It would be appreciated. Things he wouldn't answer are almost as important as some of the extra clues he has given.
                How about this recent one?
                https://forum.hintofriches.com/forum...not-finding-it

                Seannm: In June 2014, you had mentioned in Scrapbook 78 that it was not likely that anyone would get as close as 12' from the treasure and not find it. Based on that, now four years later, do you still believe this to be the case?

                Forrest: Better not answer that question Sean, sorry. -f

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Little JJ View Post

                  How about this recent one?
                  https://forum.hintofriches.com/forum...not-finding-it

                  Seannm: In June 2014, you had mentioned in Scrapbook 78 that it was not likely that anyone would get as close as 12' from the treasure and not find it. Based on that, now four years later, do you still believe this to be the case?

                  Forrest: Better not answer that question Sean, sorry. -f
                  I think FF has good reason to believe that someone has been within 12 feet of the treasure.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    yes he flew... alone.

                    Yes, someone was within 12 feet. Crazily enough... even if you are you might not find it. It's driving me quite batty.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nkown View Post
                      yes he flew... alone.

                      Yes, someone was within 12 feet. Crazily enough... even if you are you might not find it. It's driving me quite batty.
                      Why do you believe that someone was within 12 feet?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X