Wet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet

How does F know the chest is wet? Physics tells him the chest is wet. I don't think it's tucked behind a waterfall because he all but says that when answering the students questions. What I'm wondering....Is it possible for the chest to be submerged in water, be it a stream, creek, river, lake, or whatever, with a rock on top of it? Well I'd say Forrest would be telling the truth but not all the truth when he says it's not underwater. It technically would be under a rock, not water. Any thoughts?

Physics = The science of matter and energy and their interactions.

The definition of water physics tells a lot with study. Forrest has stated the chest is not under water.
    "SSShhh!. Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits with my imagination", "huh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh".

Comment

He said not ‘under water’. But it could be in or on water.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveandhisdogBillie View Post
        How does F know the chest is wet? Physics tells him the chest is wet. I don't think it's tucked behind a waterfall because he all but says that when answering the students questions. What I'm wondering....Is it possible for the chest to be submerged in water, be it a stream, creek, river, lake, or whatever, with a rock on top of it? Well I'd say Forrest would be telling the truth but not all the truth when he says it's not underwater. It technically would be under a rock, not water. Any thoughts?
        That’s some good analysis on underwater! Personally I don’t think he means from water when he says the chest is wet. Although it could be from condensation or dew or moisture in the soil. But all of those seem too simple an answer and FF seems the type who wants to make people think.

Comment

I think when he says not underwater he means it. He may not have mentioned it had we not lost a few searchers, and I feel confident he doesn't want to see those mistakes again. I believed it could be underwater until he made that statement and am relieved he did.

Comment

It does not have to be under water yet at the same time still be full of water. If the chest is in a location where it can get covered with cnow it will fill full of water as the snow melts. Something tells me turn of the first millennium Romanesque chest builders didn't always care about water proofing. Of course over the summer the water could evaporate away leaving the treasure nice and dry, so perhaps Fenn is telling us it needs to be found in the Spring before the water evaporates.

Then again wouldn't being burried in snow make the chest unde water? Sure, it's not liquid, but solid water, liquid water and water vapor are all still water. Interesting. Perhaps it is irrigated. It could be by a spring too, or it could be in that fabled place where bears go in the woods.
            Last edited by WanderingLost; 11-10-2018, 12:19 AM.

Comment

The thing is, if the chest can fill with water even part way, what happens if the water freezes? It would expand, what would that do to the chest?
              AKA: Buckeye Bob

Comment

Low oxygenated water would preserve the chest for decades

Comment

Originally posted by goldwatch View Post
                  The thing is, if the chest can fill with water even part way, what happens if the water freezes? It would expand, what would that do to the chest?
                  Good point.

Comment

It is not underwater in or near the Rio Grande.

I believe all of the talk about punctuation is specifically meant for this post from Forrest. Above is my interpretation of that and not his actual quote.
                    Last edited by WarriorManRB; 11-10-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Did you know "wet" also has a meaning of "to shut in on all sides" .. Beware, FF is tricky in his answers, so if the chest is wet could simply mean it is surrounded on all sides.. just like his answer about the "blaze" being a single object; in a "word" yes.

Comment

Originally posted by JChere View Post
                        Did you know "wet" also has a meaning of "to shut in on all sides" .. Beware, FF is tricky in his answers, so if the chest is wet could simply mean it is surrounded on all sides.. just like his answer about the "blaze" being a single object; in a "word" yes.
                        That's interesting, I'm going to look into that. As if entombed?

Comment

Originally posted by goldwatch View Post
                          Good observation, but the chest is not a closed system like a pipe in your basement or a soda can in your freezer. It is not sealed. Water expands by 11% when it freezes, so we're the chest full and froze solid the lid would open and relieve the internal pressure. If the chest was locked before it likely would not be locked any more! The contents would largest remain in good shape save for the glass bottle which could get crushed, but again, unless the lid is tightly secured, it would give. Even if the chest were covered with heavy stones it would just lift them out if the way.

When I was in high school I filled a 4" SCH 80 steel pipe nipple with water and capped off both ends. I sat it in the back yard at night. I wasn't there for the explosion, but it must have been a doozie gaging from the crater it left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by WanderingLost View Post

Good observation, but the chest is not a closed system like a pipe in your basement or a soda can in your freezer. It is not sealed. Water expands by 11% when it freezes, so we're the chest full and froze solid the lid would open and relieve the internal pressure. If the chest was locked before it likely would not be locked any more! The contents would largest remain in good shape save for the glass bottle which could get crushed, but again, unless the lid is tightly secured, it would give. Even if the chest were covered with heavy stones it would just lift them out if the way.

When I was in high school I filled a 4" SCH 80 steel pipe nipple with water and capped off both ends. I sat it in the back yard at night. I wasn't there for the explosion, but it must have been a doozie gaging from the crater it left behind.
                            Yeah, you're right. Because when your pipes freeze, they won't burst if you leave the faucet on to allow the expansion along the pipes, rather than outward.
                            Dang, man, you're lucky you didn't shoot out someone's eye with that move.
                            AKA: Buckeye Bob

Comment

The exact quote is:

Mr. Fenn,

In your interview with New Mexico True Stories, you mentioned that you know that the treasure is wet. I checked out the date of that interview and it looks like you said that in a February, which could mean that you knew that it had snowed or rained at the site of the treasure chest, or simply because of higher water.

Now we are in mid-summer, and if we assume that no storms have passed through recently, would you know that the treasure is wet now? ~Thanks, B

Yes B, physics tells me the treasure is wet. f

http://mysteriouswritings.com/featur...s-wet-physics/

Comment

Working...
                              X