why did he take the gold in first

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why did he take the gold in first

I took the gold in one time and then I took the treasure chest in the second time. (23:44) (5/29/15) http://lummifilm.com/AUDIO/kvsf2015.mp3

I would think it would have made more since if he took the chest in first so he had a place to put the gold once he brought it to the spot... He wouldn't have just left the gold laying in the open until he brought the chest into the spot would he. What was he carrying it in that he could just leave it lay there while he went back for the chest. just a thinking.

No one was around, he knew that....leaving the chest in the trunk, locked, was way less risk for loss, than leaving the gold.

Comment

Originally posted by JChere View Post
      I took the gold in one time and then I took the treasure chest in the second time. (23:44) (5/29/15) http://lummifilm.com/AUDIO/kvsf2015.mp3

I would think it would have made more since if he took the chest in first so he had a place to put the gold once he brought it to the spot... He wouldn't have just left the gold laying in the open until he brought the chest into the spot would he. What was he carrying it in that he could just leave it lay there while he went back for the chest. just a thinking.
      Forrest admits that he carried the chest in his hands and the gold in a backpack. taking the pack in first made sense because it was going to a special hiding place that was probably all prepped before hand, leaving the pack safely hidden and then returning to retrieve the chest from the car. I would not leave a million dollars worth of gold sitting in my car while I carried an empty chest into the forest. I know he says he made two trips in one afternoon but that was the day he hid the treasure, it does not mean he did not take time to prep the hiding place before taking the treasure to it.

Comment

Originally posted by IllinoisGhost View Post

Forrest admits that he carried the chest in his hands ...
        Hey Rick, I've never heard that one before now, could you kindly reveal if that admission by Forrest is publicly documented anywhere or ?

I'm surprised to think he didn't also conceal the chest in a backpack when schlepping it to the hiding spot. That would not only mean there was just nobody around, but the place itself is remote enough he felt comfortable with carrying it out in the open.

Comment

Originally posted by RedneckExpress View Post

Hey Rick, I've never heard that one before now, could you kindly reveal if that admission by Forrest is publicly documented anywhere or ?

I'm surprised to think he didn't also conceal the chest in a backpack when schlepping it to the hiding spot. That would not only mean there was just nobody around, but the place itself is remote enough he felt comfortable with carrying it out in the open.
          Don’t know where you can find it. When he was asked about if he carried it in a backpack or his hands, he replied “I did both”

Comment

Originally posted by RedneckExpress View Post

That is just what I was thinking.. how remote the spot could be if he openly carried the chest.

Comment

Was the car safer with the gold or chest while he was gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Will197532 View Post
                Was the car safer with the gold or chest while he was gone.
                If no one was really paying attention to what he was doing I don't know what difference it would make but I just thought he would have wanted the chest at the ready for the stash to go into.. maybe it really wasn't that remote of a spot where he parked, after all if he was a little concerned about leaving the gold in his car..

Comment

Originally posted by JChere View Post

If no one was really paying attention to what he was doing I don't know what difference it would make but I just thought he would have wanted the chest at the ready for the stash to go into.. maybe it really wasn't that remote of a spot where he parked, after all if he was a little concerned about leaving the gold in his car..
                  I personally can say that apparently where the chest is hidden at this present moment that it’s safe! 300,000 searchers can verify that

Comment

The gold and jewels went in first because the hidey-hole was safer than the car.
                    As Will said above, it's been eight years …

I'd rather lose 25k, than a mill .
                    If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
                    But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

Originally posted by Will197532 View Post

I personally can say that apparently where the chest is hidden at this present moment that it’s safe! 300,000 searchers can verify that
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	cheers-bear-sticker.png
Views:	1
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	65575

Comment

I did both quote here
                        http://mysteriouswritings.com/into-t...-with-forrest/
                        "It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." - Forrest Fenn

Comment

He only had about 200 feet to walk so it didn't much matter.

Comment

Just because he said he did both doesn't mean he carried the chest out in the open the entire way to the hidey spot.
                            He could have also had the chest in a backpack for the entire journey to the spot and then carried it in his hands the last five feet.
                            Y'all know almost everything he says is tricky; this probably is as well.
                            Favorite ff quote: ".... When these guys are making a mistake I don’t want to interrupt them." -ff
                            Search Theme Song: Dead Horse
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-WseJTfILc

Comment

Working...
                            X