Coded Words of Forrest for Searchers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post
    The numbers do not seem to be totally random. Note the sequence in which they are placed in the code.

(1 2 3 4 5) - (6 7 8 9) - (10 11 12) - (13 14 15 16) -

(17 18) - (19 20) - (21) - (22 23 24 25 26) - (27) -

(28 29 30 31) - (32 33 34) - (35) - (36 37 38) -

(39) - (40) - (41 42 43 44) - (45 46 47 48) - (49 50) -

(51 52) - (53 54 55) - (56 57 58 59) - (60) - (61 62 63 64) -

(65 66) - (67 68) - (69 70) - (71 72) - (73 74) - (75) - (76 77 78) -

(79) - (80)

Note also that the blocks get smaller near the end. It is as if the options of choice were ending as the end of the sentence approaches.
    Alguém observou isso?

Has anyone noticed this?

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Hi Sacha: a couple hints on the book code. Look at the frequency distribution of the digits that follow the dashes and consider typical word lengths. Clue #2: only two book pages are needed to decode the numbers on the puzzle pieces.
      Could someone post a picture of the pieces of the puzzle? Please...

Comment

Even if you had a photo of the puzzle pieces, it would not help unless you had the book. You need the book in order to decipher them.

Also, at this first step, what is important about the puzzle pieces are the numbers inside them. Once you solve THAT step, you can THEN think about how to fit those results together.

Two Hints: Keep in mind that this puzzle has to do with Forrest Fenn and "Thrill of the Chase". It doesn't have to do with other hunts such as "The Secret", or "The Oracle". Look for answers to your questions there.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneticBlend View Post
          Even if you had a photo of the puzzle pieces, it would not help unless you had the book. You need the book in order to decipher them.

Also, at this first step, what is important about the puzzle pieces are the numbers inside them. Once you solve THAT step, you can THEN think about how to fit those results together.

Two Hints: Keep in mind that this puzzle has to do with Forrest Fenn and "Thrill of the Chase". It doesn't have to do with other hunts such as "The Secret", or "The Oracle". Look for answers to your questions there.
          Just curious ...

Comment

M.c.B., You are currently spending too much time on the 80 numbers. Don't worry about that right now. You will get nowhere with that. This puzzle was created in steps. The first steps deal with the puzzle pieces. Concentrate on those. Good luck.

Comment

Hi GB: you may not be aware that McB lives in South America and has no reliable means of acquiring Jenny's book, so there is no practical way for him to be working on the puzzle. At a minimum he'd need all 16 puzzle pieces (plus the portion(s) of the book that they reference), and even that would only allow him to solve the first stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                Hi GB: you may not be aware that McB lives in South America and has no reliable means of acquiring Jenny's book, so there is no practical way for him to be working on the puzzle. At a minimum he'd need all 16 puzzle pieces (plus the portion(s) of the book that they reference), and even that would only allow him to solve the first stage.
                Thx.

Comment

To use substitution in the code, we need a source, a database to use.

A simple paragraph would not be possible for this.

The letters would hardly be viable if they were all in the same paragraph.

We have to build a bank of letters.

A simple idea:

Each piece of the puzzle has 5 lines. Could each line refer to a character and to the paragraph?

Character 112 of paragraph 2
                  Character 272 of paragraph 3
                  Should you count spaces, punctuation, and symbols?

Placed in sequence we will have the 80 characters that form the database to use with the code.

Then just convert the codes into letters following the order of the sequential blocks.

For example:
                  41 = a
                  10 = _
                  73 = e
                  22 = t
                  80 = i
                  28 = h
                  76 = u

The letter number 41 of the FF phrase would be "a"
                  The 10 would be "space"
                  73 would be "e"

Just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post
                    Has anyone been able to break this code? Any opinions?

In the back of my book, Armchair Treasure Hunts: The Quests for Hidden Treasure, are words from Forrest Fenn that are especially for searchers of the Chase. However, they are in code- which goes along with the flowing and fun theme of the book.

http://mysteriouswritings.com/questi...reasure-hunts/

Q) Are you going to reveal the words on a given date?

A) I know there are many having fun trying to solve them, and I believe they will be solved, so no need to reveal them myself. The more people working on it, the quicker they will be solved. And I know those who solve them will like them very much– because as mentioned they are especially for searchers and might hold a hint on how to find the treasure chest.

More:

Q - Hi Jenny, you have said that the encoded words by Forrest Fenn are "very interesting". Without revealing the content of the message, are you able to please describe what about the words makes them interesting? At this point, Forrest has more or less stopped giving out clues (or as he calls them, hints, to distinguish them from the nine clues) -- in fact he has said more than once that he has given away too much already. Do you think he made an exception in this case, since the message was to be encoded?

A - I think maybe. They offer something towards knowing the location. That is all I should say.

http://mysteriouswritings.proboards....enn-words-code

Someone?
                    Nothing yet?

Comment

McB: see my reply to your post over on MW.

Comment

I do not understand why there are so few comments about this challenge.

What if this FF message is something that confirms the location is resolved correctly?

Comment

Hi McB: since Jenny initially was the only one that knew the content of Forrest's message, it probably can't be too revealing as that would constitute a private hint (even if only temporarily). Still, Jenny says it's "interesting" so I'm assuming it's more intriguing than, say, "Drink more Ovaltine."

Comment

Supposedly it's about the location. I'd guess it's useful only to someone who's solved nearly all the clues, like "look by the tree." Who knows, it probably duplicates an existing hint.

Comment

I believe the solution was posted last month on a couple of other sites. I won’t post it here for a couple of reasons: I don’t want to spoil it for anybody and I don’t know if it’s the true solution. I haven’t even attempted to solve it myself. PM me if you want to know what was posted.

Comment

I would like to follow up on my post above: I was WRONG about the solution to the coded message!! Another user helpfully pointed out the phrase that I had read was actually a discarded MW special words that Jenny never published. Here it is:

If you truly know where it's hidden, you don't need the directions. f

So, if you PM'd me and you received this reply . . . back to the drawing board!

I apologize for the confusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X