No announcement yet.

Coded Words of Forrest for Searchers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not found a connection with a dice. I did figure out that there are exactly 80 integers on the puzzle pieces. The puzzle pieces all have pictures of the treasure chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Sacha View Post
      I have not found a connection with a dice. I did figure out that there are exactly 80 integers on the puzzle pieces. The puzzle pieces all have pictures of the treasure chest.
      I live in Brazil, I do not have the book and I depend on google translator. How are these pieces distributed? Can you post a photo of where one of these puzzle pieces is?

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post
        I live in Brazil, I do not have the book and I depend on google translator. How are these pieces distributed? Can you post a photo of where one of these puzzle pieces is?
        Yeah, I think this is the first I've heard about any puzzle? Could end up drawing me in if it's not some ill-defined arbitrary thing with dubious payoff.
        When you find yourself at the end of the rainbow, you'll have found what you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertCloak View Post

Right, but there is no indication that the the dice are rolled sequentially. If you roll 80 80-sided dice all at once, each die has a 1.25% chance of landing on a pre-determined number.
          Post a video of how you roll an 80 sided dice all at once.

Schrödinger's cat waits.

Comment

Has anyone tried putting this to graph paper? With 80 integers you'd have a 9x9 grid with one tile leftover. Like the indian blanket.

I'm no good at math but I always enjoy having statistics handy.

Which will have better odds? Rolling THrough 13 or 20 dice, 9 or12 times? FF might not approve of our "texting machines" but the calc app sure comes in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by garnets View Post
              Has anyone tried putting this to graph paper? With 80 integers you'd have a 9x9 grid with one tile leftover. Like the indian blanket.

I'm no good at math but I always enjoy having statistics handy.

Which will have better odds? Rolling THrough 13 or 20 dice, 9 or12 times? FF might not approve of our "texting machines" but the calc app sure comes in handy.
              If you're summing the values, then using more dice trends towards the middle/average. For example, rolling any number on a d6 is 17%. But probability for rolling two dice and taking the sum looks like this:

2: 2.78%
              3: 5.56%
              4: 8.33%
              5: 11.11%
              6: 13.89%
              7: 16.67%
              8: 13.89%
              9: 11.11%
              10: 8.33%
              11: 5.56%
              12: 2.78%

You're almost 7x more likely to roll a sum of 7 than 2 or 12.
              When you find yourself at the end of the rainbow, you'll have found what you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by Sacha View Post
                Yep, Sacha, those were the main clues for me: 80 codes, 80 pairs of integers on the 16 puzzle pieces, and she even has the word "puzzle" in the instructions. Pretty straightforward.

Comment

Could the fact that FF gave this hint out to be deciphered have anything to do with his "gut feeling" from the spring?

Comment

On FB, Jenny said a few people have solved it and chosen not to share the message. I wonder if its more interesting than originally thought. If I solve it, I'll share it.

Comment

Working...
                    X