Lead Searcher part too

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WanderingLost View Post
    The scuttlebutt around the rectory is that there are hoards of Chinese regulars storming towards the boarder as we speak.
    This made me giggle like a maniac. I'm not sure why.
    When you find yourself at the end of the rainbow, you'll have found what you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post

This made me giggle like a maniac. I'm not sure why.
      I was paraphrasing Father Mulcahy from an episode of M.A.S.H.

Comment

Originally posted by cj1066 View Post

I'd suggest using Dal and Jenny's sites, reviewing new Scrapbooks and Featured Questions from June 15th, 2018 to the present.

Ignore Mr. Fenn's "hunch" comment from February...that was truly just a hunch.

I believe that you can see a logical progression, particularly in the Featured Questions.

Good luck,

CJ

Edit: There may be a "Lead Searcher" but the person in front is the "Hunter" (could also be Finder, but not yet Retriever). I use Hunter after an article from early July...that is my opinion, since it was stated in that article that Fenn stated that one Hunter...some discount the word Hunter because it was not in quotes but I have my reasons for believing it was Mr. Fenn who used that word.
        The only way I can reply to posts like this is to fall back onto first principles. Dal, Jenny, scrapbooks and featured questions and others sources offer insight, but the only thing I can suggest is to take Fenn's advice as a first principle:

"'What serious adventurers should remember,' Fenn says, “is to not believe anything that is not in my poem or otherwise in my book. There’s some misinformation out there.'"

I don't think he could put it much clearer than that.

Comment

I really think there is no such thing as a lead searcher or hunter.. I think some one or two may have come close with out knowing they were close but IMO no one has it nailed down I myself think I have unraveled a lot and found certain things in the poem that no one else has found but I only have 2 BOTG to the same spot before I decided to scrap what I thought was a perfectly good solve and start from the very beginning and learn what every word in the poem could posssssibly mean from it origin on up. And yes I uncovered one really good clue and realized how the aberrations in the book are sprinkles and know now that math and things like that are purely rabbit holes it is all in the words. Good luck. Yes I want to be the one to find the chest but if I'm not that's OK at least the puzzle will be solved and we can all laugh at the fact that we "just missed it by that much" a quote from Get Smart.

Comment

All we can do is guess about lead searchers, and with nothing more to go on than whispers echoing in the wind originating from no place in particular, it is illogical to even continue to speculate ad all that does is generate ghosts in our minds.

Comment

Originally posted by WanderingLost View Post
              All we can do is guess about lead searchers, and with nothing more to go on than whispers echoing in the wind originating from no place in particular, it is illogical to even continue to speculate ad all that does is generate ghosts in our minds.
              Wow.. you just gave me an AHA moment and I see how the TS Elliot quote just fit the puzzle Thanks..

Comment

(Yeah ditto, thanks!)

Comment

Originally posted by onekeyword

ehhh I duno man... i think there's a little more to it than just the words. the lead searcher missed and made the same mistake we made.. there is definitely a lot to that TS Elliot quote..Thers more to WWWH than meets the initial eye.. its two parts, the starting point and the halt. I got caught up in the begin and then the halt, it really made no differanceit just made the halt stand out more in my mind, and i found a halt at the start point Halt AKA Stop as in sign.. where 212 or @!@ stops at Tower Junction..
                  Well you could be right I dunno I don't have the chest in my possession. And I don't even have a a search area mapped out yet since I haven't nailed down WWWH and I'm getting tired of playing canasta.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper View Post
                    I don’t know if there is a lead searcher. That was probably a stupid guess on my part. I was assuming that someone this past year made some good progress, with his activity following Easter 2017 and on. But nobody really knows if anyone is closer. There is no lead searcher until the chest is discovered. I didn’t mean to insinuate that anyone is lagging behind another. We are all equal on this exact day. And that’s good! Not bad.

We are all lead searchers today. How’s that sound?
                    I could be the lead searcher

Comment

I guess when Forrest comes out with 6 questions on Jenny’s site, maybe he will answer if there is a lead searcher.
                      With no confirmation bias we don’t know any other way if any of us are even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Will197532 View Post
                        I guess when Forrest comes out with 6 questions on Jenny’s site, maybe he will answer if there is a lead searcher.
                        With no confirmation bias we don’t know any other way if any of us are even close.
                        Well I for one am very curious as to what web he will spin this time around. If at all. He may be done with the chase after all that has taken place.

Comment

Originally posted by JChere View Post

Well I for one am very curious as to what web he will spin this time around. If at all. He may be done with the chase after all that has taken place.
                          I believe the Chase maybe on autopilot at this point.

Comment

Although someone(s) may believe that someone has gotten close, in this hunt close isn't close enough to count for much, other than the experience. I wouldn't worry about competition too
                            much. Working on the solve and the search should still be continued, in my opinion. I think FF believes the poem has been effectively solved. I hope he's okay with that belief.

Comment

Agree, Old Pilot. It's been solved. Just not executed.

Comment

I think you speak for a lot of us. I wonder if we’ll ever know what caused their holdup.

Comment

Working...
                                X