No announcement yet.

The Big Picture.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't someone years ago have this a very similar solution to the puzzle?

Comment

Originally posted by WanderingLost View Post

And another thing. There are waters at and above 212F in the search area. Water boils at a lower temperature at altitude because of lower atmospheric pressure, but in many geothermal systems the pressure it elevated, back pressured, and the water is super heated. This is how a geyser works.
      Basically the definition of super-heated. But I stand by my opinion: 212 has nothing to do with the solution. And I'll add that 109 has nothing to do with the solution either, for the benefit of one searcher who has long been fixated on that.

Comment

Degrees aren't the only way to measure angles. Degrees are dimensional. Try radians. They are more useful. 212 degrees is 3.7 radians.
        I'm a space scientist, so I know all about degrees, radians, gradians, steradians, arcminutes, arcseconds, WGS-84, NAD-27, etc. Radians will be useless to solving the poem, but I know people will continue to ignore Forrest's admonitions against specialized knowledge because they're stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Basically the definition of super-heated. But I stand by my opinion: 212 has nothing to do with the solution. And I'll add that 109 has nothing to do with the solution either, for the benefit of one searcher who has long been fixated on that.
          There is only one number that appears in my solution, and it isn't either of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke the Duke
            I'm pretty sure there's a scrapbook or email where Forrest mentions radians, but I don't remember the context. And, although I don't know enough to interpret it, I'm pretty sure his landing at ABQ by runway 27 named a few angles. He might not want you messing with his poem, but that doesn't mean the map married to the poem.
            The map has nothing to do with the solution, and by the map I mean "The Map," which is any map and Fenn maps in particular. A map is going to help, but there are no special maps.
            Last edited by WanderingLost; 11-08-2018, 11:13 PM.

Comment

There is only one number that appears in my solution, and it isn't either of those.
              Very good-- happy to hear it!

Comment

The map has nothing to do with the solution, and by the map I mean "The Map," which is any map and Fenn maps in particular. A map is going to help, but there are no special maps.
                Wait, aren't you the same guy who schools us about what TTOTC means, and how we should use it and what to look for in the book and what Fenn means by the stories in the book and all that jazz, while at the same time admitting that you've never even read the book ???
                Or was that guy from Denver ?

And now, you're here to educate us on the issue of maps ?

Guess what ?
                There is indeed a special map.
                If I recall correctly, I believe F suggested that "the right map" would be most useful.
                That would probably make it a special map.
                And apparently, you don't have it.
                Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 11-09-2018, 06:40 AM.
                If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
                But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

Yep! It hasn't benefited me yet.
                  Last edited by OH-OH!; 11-09-2018, 06:39 AM.
                  "SSShhh!. Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits with my imagination", "huh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh".

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Wait, aren't you the same guy who schools us about what TTOTC means, and how we should use it and what to look for in the book and what Fenn means by the stories in the book and all that jazz, while at the same time admitting that you've never even read the book ???
                    Or was that guy from Denver ?

And now, you're here to educate us on the issue of maps ?

Guess what ?
                    There is indeed a special map.
                    If I recall correctly, I believe F suggested that "the right map" would be most useful.
                    That would probably make it a special map.
                    And apparently, you don't have it.
                    Nope, you've got the wrong guy. All you need is the poem, TTOTC because the map is in it and Google Earth or a good map. There is no map in TTOTC. The poem is the map.

C’mon now agent 777, a map is a map. The more detailed maps are most useful if you have the right map, but I’m not sure I needed to tell you that.f​​​​​​

​Hi Forrest, we are now aware that the poem is a map. If the poem is a map and will tell us exactly where to go, why couldn’t the little girl from India get past the first two clues? I think it’s because after solving all nine clues from home, the ocean prevents her from journeying to the precise location to retrieve the treasure chest. ~ Lagerta the Bold

Dear Whoever Asked This Question,

Thanks for answering it for me. f

​​​​​​
                    Last edited by WanderingLost; 11-09-2018, 07:21 AM.

Comment

No, I don't have the wrong guy and you know it.

So, now you're saying that the only reason we need TTOTC is because the poem is in it ?

"Here is what I would do. Read my book in a normal manner. Then read the poem over and over and over, slowly - thinking. Then read my book again, this time looking for subtle hints that will help solve the clues."

"When the treasure is found, it will be found by someone who has read my book, then read the poem over and over and over again and then read my book again looking at every word and every sentence for a hint that will help them with the clues that are in the poem that they have memorized."

"What I recommend is that you read my book normally, then you read the poem over and over and over again, and just think about every line, read it 4 or 5 or 10 times, and then go back and read the book again, slowly, looking for hints in the book that will help you with clues in the poem."

"My Thrill of the Chase book is enough to lead an average person to the treasure."
                      ================================================== ===================

Read the book, read the poem, read the book, read the poem …

If I were to make an educated guess, I'd say you are completely wrong about not needing the book for anything other than the poem.
                      The man who hid the treasure says to read the book.
                      You, someone who admittedly hasn't read the book, and doesn't know where the treasure is at, are saying that the book is not helpful other than the poem.

Now, who do you think the average person should listen to ?
                      Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 11-09-2018, 09:06 AM.
                      If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
                      But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

Nope, you've got the wrong guy. All you need is the poem, TTOTC because the map is in it and Google Earth or a good map. There is no map in TTOTC. The poem is the map.

C’mon now agent 777, a map is a map. The more detailed maps are most useful if you have the right map, but I’m not sure I needed to tell you that.f​​​​​​

​Hi Forrest, we are now aware that the poem is a map. If the poem is a map and will tell us exactly where to go, why couldn’t the little girl from India get past the first two clues? I think it’s because after solving all nine clues from home, the ocean prevents her from journeying to the precise location to retrieve the treasure chest. ~ Lagerta the Bold

Dear Whoever Asked This Question,

Thanks for answering it for me. f

​​​​​​
                        Hey GuyFromDenver how's it going.

I see you're talking out of both sides of your mouth again.

According to your original long-held belief the quotes you just gave from Forrest would be misinformation; so how is it that you're using them to defend your new theory?
                        Favorite ff quote: ".... When these guys are making a mistake I don’t want to interrupt them." -ff
                        Search Theme Song: Dead Horse
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-WseJTfILc

Comment

Originally posted by onekeyword

I agree with ROLL TIDE, im going to start refering to the Just the poem puritans and fanatics as Feninites... if its included in the poem and is in plain sight its not special knowledge.. It's a blend of COMMON SENSE IMAGINATION AND THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX.. watch the backwards bicycle on youtube wich was recomendedveiwing by Forrest also his referances to drawing the poem like an Architect.. I've been at this since June a new comer to the chase, howeveridontbelive that whats it been nine years? idontbeleive that nine years of not finding the box is required to solve the poem, a fresh veiwand a differantaproach may be all that is needed for the winning solve. I've shot a ton of angles and tried many things and locations, I finnaly went with what made the most sense based on the information provided and what i found was a road map and an on location key for the site that said road map led to.. plus conformation that there is indeed something more to the poem via the cover of OUAW and the map in his book.. when someone goes to that length to convey a message I pay attention.. But thats just me. go look under a log in Montana if you like or find an old shithouse in New Mexico, personalyi think the odds are that its at Lamar.. read his book, I beleivei know where his family stowed there gear for the winter when they left the park on the way home. I think i know where he used to go to be with the horses and ive been on site. the spot on the hill that the last stanza outlines is a pretty unique feature with some rather interesting geology happening..hint? rose creek doesnt freeze over in the winter. what I have found is that Forrest is a master of the double entendre even in his poem.

seriously three tries at correcting typos in this and it wont let me save it... WTF
                          But i can still make a square wheel roll, and don't forget who the leader of the poem purists is : Forrest Fenn. He us the one that said all you need us the poem. I figure it's his game so why not play by his rules? If you think you need more then have a party. I'll stick to what i have.
                          Last edited by WanderingLost; 11-09-2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onekeyword

Wandering... your a champ.
                            We made a bike with square wheels in school. It was fun.

Comment

And another thing. There are waters at and above 212F in the search area. Water boils at a lower temperature at altitude because of lower atmospheric pressure, but in many geothermal systems the pressure it elevated, back pressured, and the water is super heated. This is how a geyser works.
                              Your search area, maybe. I'm not searching where there are any waters "at and above 212F".

Comment

No numbers of any kind are involved in a good solve, in my opinion. I love pie.

Comment

Working...
                                X