Silver Coins for 2019.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Coins for 2019.

I have been focusing a bit too much on the You Tube launch and support - and other projects, I need to give this place some loving and updates. Here is the big one. Forrest has approved 50 silver plated coins to be hidden for the 2019 season. 1 is going to FF, 2 is a surprise for a later announcement, and 3 went to IG, the rest (47) are being hidden in late spring. At first it was only going to be the Rockies, but so much feedback to get them out everywhere that we will be hiding them throughout many states, one internationally, and even a virtual armchair option. It is fluid and feel free to weigh in on this project, it is all about the community. Keep up to date on You tube and here for updates. Thanks yall!!!!
    I have the soul of a gypsy, heart of a hippie, and the spirit of a fairy.

Technically, I believe it should stay "in the mountains North of Santa Fe" to keep in the original spirit of the chase. But what do I care? You can hid one in a park outside of Toledo. At least people will have to go outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Little JJ View Post
      Technically, I believe it should stay "in the mountains North of Santa Fe" to keep in the original spirit of the chase. But what do I care? You can hid one in a park outside of Toledo. At least people will have to go outside.
      I do understand the thought of original search area....but look at it from the searchers view...how many could justify traveling 1000 miles with the payoff being a silver plated commemorative coin vs the original chest.....I think the people already living in the search area have had enough advantages....3000 PLUS mile round trip per search is tough...

Comment

Honestly if I do I d one is take a picture of it and then put it back where I found it.

What kind if format is the search for them going to be?

Comment

Originally posted by WanderingLost View Post
          Honestly if I do I d one is take a picture of it and then put it back where I found it.

What kind if format is the search for them going to be?
          Here is the initial thought, but tell me what you all think. Monday there is a state and up close picture shown. Tuesday a hint by way of picture or fact about the location. Wednesday a panoramic picture and another hint. Thursday a more obvious hint. By Friday it should be all over, if not a code, cypher, what ever is given.

Each day it gets rotated to a different tuber who wants to give the hint to bring the community together with this project.

I think I have about 15 states and 2 countries covered, plus a couple of armchair ones. I think the ones outside the four search states need to have hints related to Forrest’s poem - like HoB, Meek, wwwh, etc. Something clever.

Up for input, as Will would say, I can be swayed!

Comment

Dare I hope that you might hide one in Japan?
            Active solves: 1 Abandoned solves: 0 Search state: NM Search trips: 5 Days spent BotG: 20

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
              I have been focusing a bit too much on the You Tube launch and support - and other projects, I need to give this place some loving and updates. Here is the big one. Forrest has approved 50 silver plated coins to be hidden for the 2019 season. 1 is going to FF, 2 is a surprise for a later announcement, and 3 went to IG, the rest (47) are being hidden in late spring. At first it was only going to be the Rockies, but so much feedback to get them out everywhere that we will be hiding them throughout many states, one internationally, and even a virtual armchair option. It is fluid and feel free to weigh in on this project, it is all about the community. Keep up to date on You tube and here for updates. Thanks yall!!!!
              Sorta like the FF Chase in the Rockies that it would be nice to have a mirror chase in the Smokey mountains IMO

Comment

Use the same criteria and poem as TTOTC

Comment

What if...the treasure chest is found before the silver coins have even been hidden or before all the coins have been hidden? Will they still be hidden? What will happen with the silver coins in those scenarios?

Comment

kpro, I have some ideas for silver coin #2.
                    In my opinion.

Comment

Dallas, TX please! I would love to find something with my kids!

MM

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post
                        Dallas, TX please! I would love to find something with my kids!

MM
                        They could do a Dallas coin where the first clue is, "Where warm waters cool then evaporate during the two hours it takes from when your plane lands until when you get into your rental car."

Comment

Would be lovely if one was hidden in the UK.

Comment

Covert One - PM me, I think we are on the same page my friend.
                            MEH - no Japan plans.
                            Iris - Europe is in the plan.
                            MM - Texas is in play.

Dang it this is fun, can’t help myself in smiling from ear to ear!!!!

Comment

kpro I think there are people in the chase that give so much of themselves to help the community; I mean truly help the community. The silver coins are a good example in that these 50 coins were paid for out of someone's own good will to the chase - paid for out of wanting to give back and make this fun for families and searchers.

Kpro - you do an exceptional job! THANK YOU for what you are doing with these silver coins (paying for them out of pocket) to give a few in the chase the opportunity to find "something" next season.

And to Cynthia, Mike, and Toby - thanks. The spirit of the chase is alive and well!
                              In my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X