Share your cool finds at solves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer View Post
    This contraption I think held logs as they were pulled from the river. Near it on the rivers edge was 18 inch rotted redwood beams layed in the ground about 12 inches apart. The logs were drug up this wood ramp and pulled to the mill. The next picture is the cable knot found in the river.
    Love those pics.
    That's the type of stuff I love to find.
    Have a pretty neat bottle collection too though.
    If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
    But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

They are all yard art at this point. I paid $10,000.00 for that and all my camping, fishing and hiking adventures. I would had paid $20,000.00. So I got 50% off. Fenn taught me to wheel and deal....lol

Comment

Originally posted by sadcom View Post
        In my last BOTG, I have found these:

All I found were two new razor blades
        It is vital to attend to hygiene even on the field.

Comment

I say these momentos are from WWWH or wherever. It’s my interpretation and that’s all. I really think it’s cool to find these objects. When I find them and imagine where the piece of steel originated, was it brought by rail after some person worked his ass off to make it. Another worked his ass off to get it brought to the particular area and put it to use to operate a machine made for ease of hard labor. I seriously can imagine every detail even to the point of who was this person and what brought him here. We all can look at objects that appear to be junk but the man hours put into the detail or ingenuity of these objects will forever decor my front entry. I can tell ya when folks come over and ask what is that. Boy do I have a story for them.
          I am so thankful it’s not, “I Got It At Wal Mart.
          Fenn you can’t imagine the story’s told due to your story’s. Thank you Sir
          Well I guess you can you get 100 e mails per day.

Comment

I seriously can imagine every detail even to the point of who was this person and what brought him here.
            I do the same thing.
            My favorite thing that I've found while botg, is a heel off of a boot.
            I picked it up and sat down and pondered... who was this guy, what was he doing here, where was he going ?
            My imagination allowed me to entertain all sorts of possibilities.
            There was just no way of knowing the answer to any of those questions.

One thing I could be sure of though, with nothing but the heel itself providing the answer...
            The fellow was having a bad day.

It now has a place up on a shelf in my shop, along with other items from other times and other places.
            A footprint in time.
            Another leftover of history.

Occasionally, I pick it up and just sit down and think ...

Comment

Maybe a spiritual heeler, lol
              As the cowboy led his horse with Indians on his heels and his horse got to close and he lost a heel.
              We called it a flat tire. Ha ha

Are gems are like the rock that hit Fenn in the leg. To another it means absolutely nothing.

Comment

Well maybe absolutely nothing until you tell them the 1/2 hour story of how it was found, why you were there.
                Just this morning I told my moms friend at breakfast about the bear claw marks 30 feet up in a tree. Her comment, “What a thrill, wish I was somewhere a bear could eat me.”
                So put those BOTG and live your life. Don’t wait till you think you have it solved, the solve is adventure and the little things that come with that adventure.

Comment

“What a thrill, wish I was somewhere a bear could eat me.”
                  Love it !

Comment

Sometimes I find cool things without even leaving the house.
                    The other day, I watched one of the kids packing a lunch for school.

A sandwich bag full of Fritos and a Dr Pepper.

Comment

I found this in a dry river bed. It's three inches tall and looks just like a frog. I used to say that all I wanted from the chest is the frog, I guess this is the FROG!
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	WP_20181011_002.jpg Views:	1 Size:	293.5 KB ID:	62097
                      Last edited by OH-OH!; 10-11-2018, 02:54 PM.
                      "SSShhh!. Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits with my imagination", "huh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh".

Mystic Area --- https://ibb.co/gCUD69

Comment

Originally posted by OH-OH! View Post
                        I found this in a dry river bed. It's three inches tall and looks just like a frog. I used to say that all I wanted from the chest is the frog, I guess this is the FROG!
                        Click image for larger version Name:	WP_20181011_002.jpg Views:	1 Size:	293.5 KB ID:	62097
                        Cool frog dude. Nice find.

Comment

This pick head was found embedded in rock, approximately 25-30 feet above the ground. Someone must have purposely drilled a hole and placed this pick head in the rock. For what purpose? I am sure I have no idea

Comment

Maybe a hold for primitive rock climbers.
                            pretty cool

Comment

Gorgeous Yellow Hummingbird.... This Beauty was tiny... Compare it to the barbed wire fence!
                              Last edited by Coinaster; 10-11-2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

found this stump ... looked familiar Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1476.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	62128

Comment

Working...
                                X