Share your cool finds at solves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share your cool finds at solves

Found a timecapsule and some obsidian artifacts. It was pretty exciting and great to get to see some country we likely never would have seen otherwise. Unfortunately inclement weather cut our search dramatically, but it was awesome just the same. Curious what other searchers have found in their solve areas?

In my last BOTG, I have found these:

All I found were two new razor blades

Comment

Are those disposable razors?

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer
        This contraption I think held logs as they were pulled from the river. Near it on the rivers edge was 18 inch rotted redwood beams layed in the ground about 12 inches apart. The logs were drug up this wood ramp and pulled to the mill. The next picture is the cable knot found in the river.
        Love those pics.
        That's the type of stuff I love to find.
        Have a pretty neat bottle collection too though.
        If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
        But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

Originally posted by sadcom View Post
          In my last BOTG, I have found these:

All I found were two new razor blades
          It is vital to attend to hygiene even on the field.

Comment

I seriously can imagine every detail even to the point of who was this person and what brought him here.
            I do the same thing.
            My favorite thing that I've found while botg, is a heel off of a boot.
            I picked it up and sat down and pondered... who was this guy, what was he doing here, where was he going ?
            My imagination allowed me to entertain all sorts of possibilities.
            There was just no way of knowing the answer to any of those questions.

One thing I could be sure of though, with nothing but the heel itself providing the answer...
            The fellow was having a bad day.

It now has a place up on a shelf in my shop, along with other items from other times and other places.
            A footprint in time.
            Another leftover of history.

Occasionally, I pick it up and just sit down and think ...

Comment

“What a thrill, wish I was somewhere a bear could eat me.”
              Love it !

Comment

Sometimes I find cool things without even leaving the house.
                The other day, I watched one of the kids packing a lunch for school.

A sandwich bag full of Fritos and a Dr Pepper.

Comment

I found this in a dry river bed. It's three inches tall and looks just like a frog. I used to say that all I wanted from the chest is the frog, I guess this is the FROG!
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	WP_20181011_002.jpg Views:	1 Size:	293.5 KB ID:	62097
                  Last edited by OH-OH!; 10-11-2018, 03:54 PM.
                  "SSShhh!. Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits with my imagination", "huh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh".

Comment

Originally posted by OH-OH! View Post
                    I found this in a dry river bed. It's three inches tall and looks just like a frog. I used to say that all I wanted from the chest is the frog, I guess this is the FROG!
                    Click image for larger version Name:	WP_20181011_002.jpg Views:	1 Size:	293.5 KB ID:	62097
                    Cool frog dude. Nice find.

Comment

This pick head was found embedded in rock, approximately 25-30 feet above the ground. Someone must have purposely drilled a hole and placed this pick head in the rock. For what purpose? I am sure I have no idea

Comment

Gorgeous Yellow Hummingbird.... This Beauty was tiny... Compare it to the barbed wire fence!
                        Last edited by Coinaster; 10-11-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

found this stump ... looked familiar Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1476.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	62128

Comment

I once found a handheld gps thing in a very weathered sheath. It had a database of coordinates with comments like "blood trail starts here" and "body found here." I didn't know enough about it to map the area before the battery died.

Comment

Some kind of growth on a rock? I'd love an explanation if anyone knows one. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X