Home of Brown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home of Brown

THE most misconstrued clue of the nine. Why? Not trout. Not a man made structure. Not many other things. But where searchers go wrong. I may be wrong myself. Least obvious while seemingly being the most obvious.

So tell us, what is the home of Brown?

Comment

Hi ............
      Last edited by Deeepthkr; 02-14-2018, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WyMustIGo View Post
        So tell us, what is the home of Brown?
        Why on earth should I respond, it seems two users are dominating practically every thread and every response.

Comment

• WyMustIGo
          WyMustIGo commented
          Editing a comment
          Huh? You make a post but don't want to discuss it? Some people like to talk and respond often, that is what you want to happen in a discussion forum. I am curious what your take is on the hoB.
          Last edited by WyMustIGo; 02-13-2018, 09:20 PM.

Devil's Thumb Golf Course...Delta,Co...Ken Brown is the course pro...There's a thumb involved, a Brown, some golf and a place to park da plane. whatcha think? only my professional opinion of course...

Comment

• Mr hand
          Mr hand commented
          Editing a comment
          tough crowd, don't worry i'm not quitting my day job, unless i find it oc.i think it's a mountain and i think npftm is the same place as the put in.

Originally posted by HBrown View Post
        THE most misconstrued clue of the nine. Why? Not trout. Not a man made structure. Not many other things. But where searchers go wrong. I may be wrong myself. Least obvious while seemingly being the most obvious.
        I completely agree it is the most misconstrued clue. I believe the reason is there are many, many possible meanings. It's probably the most common proper noun. It relates to several animals and places etc etc. A person can most likely find a 'Brown' to relate to their solve probably within 10 miles, anywhere in the rockies.

Comment

• WyMustIGo
          WyMustIGo commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep!

But we do have one thing going for us. He said many things that indicate the lifetime of a clue will be many years, I think that eliminates the sirname Brown, Brown houses, and a bunch of other Browns. Brown trout is silly (they are all over the Rockies), even Brown bears don't make sense because their habitat seems to move further north each decade. I think it is something more permanent such as a mountain or something geographical.

The funny thing is Brown may be completely meaningless! For example, he describes the place WWWH and then simply assigns it a label of "home of Brown" to throw people off. He knew people would rush to Molly Brown, Ranger stations, Trout, etc.

So far my personal favorite home of Brown is the entire Yellowstone Park. Brown due to the features within it at the upper and lower basins. And by "Put in below" he is telling us that WWWH itself exists (is put in) south of the park southern border. The other one is almost the same except he is telling us to "put in" below Yellowstone, outside the southern border. For example, assume Madison Junction is WWWH, then assume Canyon Down is "Firehole Canyon" which is down/south of the junction. We would "put in" or get onto 287 beginning at the south exit gate of the park. Our next destination would be no place for the meek which could be the Wind River Reservation which is where we would end up if we begin on 287 south at the park. (if you look at 287, it begins in Texas and goes to Montana, the only place it is interrupted is Yellowstone. From there you only have two choices, northwest and south east. Anyway...

BTW... When my partner who lives in WY asked his children (the young teens) what their take was on the home of Brown, their first answer was Yellowstone National Park. That was before we met, and its funny because the father talked them out of it and ended up at a Trout hatchery which was the last thing these kids thought of (even though they fish).
          Last edited by WyMustIGo; 02-14-2018, 11:07 AM.

Originally posted by HBrown View Post
        Why on earth should I respond, it seems two users are dominating practically every thread and every response.
        That's a strange response to your own thread.
        I resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post

That's a strange response to your own thread.
          I get it. I see the trend. Not strange in my perspective. Some respond to everything, even respond to their own responses then follow up on their responses of their responses. Take a look at RollTide’s thread, went from the most interesting thread to not worth much. He is trying to keep it going with his thoughts which is what that thread was started for and that is a noble effort on his part, but similar in rationale.

HB, to answer you, I agree with Captain Toolface. Too many possibilities and it makes for confirmation bias. Someone had a very in depth solve. Their HoB was dirt. Because dirt was brown. Sigh. I won’t say absolutely not since I don’t have the chest on my hands but really that is the best HoB one can come up with. Too easy to make something work.

Comment

I thought that the final location is not associated with a structure but the home of Brown could be? I might be wrong, but I have not ruled out that possibility. I may be wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X