Too much

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much

There is so much to review coming in late. I am wanting to see what you would review at this point in the hunt for the treasure. I do not mean what would you study. I know that is the poem and the first memoir. But would you continue to review all of the scrapbooks and words or just not even look at it all? My search team (I laugh in saying it that way) are looking at every little thing and that is what young people do. Their mind can take it all. But I tend to believe it might distract me. But also I want to be thorough. I would appreciate assistance and thank this group for always being supportive to a noob. Isn’t that the hip term. Noob.

Recommend watching the videos made by "A Gypsys Kiss" on youtube.com. Thats a great resource to come up to speed on the treasure hunt.

Edit: However, make sure you think for yourself, as I currently don't agree with their argument for NM and WWWH, but that's just my opinion. Their videos are very well done and have a lot of accurate information on Fenn and the treasure hunt. Good luck and welcome to the thrill ride.
    Last edited by RedneckExpress; 02-12-2018, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Distraction is a real issue with many searchers. I suggest three main sources:

The Thrill of the Chase
      Scrapbooks
      Weekly and Surprise Words at Mysterious Writings

Beyond that I suggest reading the blogs and forums for entertainment and brainstorming, and use F's exact quotes as references. Do not trust anything he is supposed to have said without knowing the full and exact quote.

I started in 2012 and was pretty much a ghost until last year. It has served me well.
      Ennui having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by RedneckExpress View Post
        Recommend watching the videos made by "A Gypsys Kiss" on youtube.com. Thats a great resource to come up to speed on the treasure hunt.

Edit: However, make sure you think for yourself, as I currently don't agree with their argument for NM and WWWH, but that's just my opinion. Their videos are very well done and have a lot of accurate information on Fenn and the treasure hunt. Good luck and welcome to the thrill ride.
        Yep. A Gypsys Kiss. Hit the highlights of videos.

And question everything.

Comment

Hi blazen, I'd say just use the memoir and spend the raminder of your time brushing up on your geography and just thinking. Imo, you'll increase your chances exponentially by srtictly sticking to those. If you ever want to know if Fenn said something in particular, Google it and move on. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by blazen View Post
            There is so much to review coming in late. I am wanting to see what you would review at this point in the hunt for the treasure. I do not mean what would you study. I know that is the poem and the first memoir. But would you continue to review all of the scrapbooks and words or just not even look at it all? My search team (I laugh in saying it that way) are looking at every little thing and that is what young people do. Their mind can take it all. But I tend to believe it might distract me. But also I want to be thorough. I would appreciate assistance and thank this group for always being supportive to a noob. Isn’t that the hip term. Noob.
            Hi blazen,

I'm not really qualified to give you any sound advice, because just like everyone else, I've not found the treasure either.
            The only person who IS qualified, would be Forrest Fenn.
            So, the only thing I would remotely suggest, is to search for what HE has said you should do.
            Here is some of what he has said :

http://mysteriouswritings.com/advice...twenty-quotes/

Jenny's site is loaded with advice from Forrest.
            It is an excellent resource for those wanting to know what F says about how to tackle the poem.

One of the things that stands out to me, is that he suggests, over and over, to look up the meanings of words.
            Now, I'm not advising you to do that.
            But, if you can find where he suggests that, over and over, then it might be good advice to do what he has suggested.

http://mysteriouswritings.com/weekly...une-10th-2016/
            The only advice I would give you, is to listen to Forrest Fenn.
            He is the only one who actually knows what it will take to find the TC.

Good Luck to ya.

And, nothin' wrong with being a 'noob'.
            It's not an insult. We were all noobs at one time.
            Forrest even suggests that fresh eyes might be an advantage.
            Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 02-13-2018, 09:49 AM. Reason: Added the word 'those', to "It is an excellent resource for those wanting to know what F says about how to tackle the poem."
            The secret of good writing is to say an old thing in a new way or to say a new thing in an old way.
            --Richard Harding Davis--

Comment

Just do exactly what Forrest Fenn said:

"I have some advice. Read the book. And then study the poem. Over and over. Read it over and over. Maybe even memorize it. And then go back and read the book again looking for hints that are in the book that are going to help you with the clues that are in the poem. That’s the best advice that I can give. You have to find out – you have to learn where the first clue is. They get progressively easier after you discover where the first clue is. f"

"Well in my book there is a poem and there are 9 clues in the poem and the clues are in consecutive order; If you want to find the treasure chest, you have my book there, I'll tell you how to do it. Read the book just normally, the poem and the rest of the book, then go back and read the poem 6,8,10 times, study every line, every word, then after you do that read the book again slowly with the idea of looking for clues or hints that are in the book that will help you follow the clues. You can find the chest with just the clues, but there are hints in the book that will help you with the clues. f"

"If you're really serious about looking for the treasure, get TTOTC and read it, and then go back and read the poem over and over and over again, and then go back and read the book again but slowly, looking an..looking at every little abstract thing that might catch up in your brain, that might be a hint to help you with the clues. Any part of some is better than no part of any. f"

"Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions. Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth, and/or a good map. f"

Simply put, ignore everything except for what Forrest said in the quotes above. Nothing else matters. You must completely understand the poem, without that you have nothing.

Better act fast though
              Last edited by WyMustIGo; 02-13-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X