No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the recent mention of Ovaltine helped me learn why it is mentioned so often in this hunt. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
      I think the recent mention of Ovaltine helped me learn why it is mentioned so often in this hunt. Thanks.
      Why? I found this from a fishing report website. Do you think they could be related?

If you are willing to make the hike into the upper sections of the canyon, the odds of a success are very good - you better eat your Wheaties though!

Comment

• Originally posted by garnets View Post

Why? I found this from a fishing report website. Do you think they could be related?
        Not even a little bit.
        Favorite ff quote: ".... When these guys are making a mistake I don’t want to interrupt them." -ff
        Search Theme Song: Flirtin' With Disaster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci3afKw_mcY

Comment

• Happy birthday, Ba'yBruh
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5B1Vfdk7W8
          If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
          But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

• Scrapbook 195
            https://dalneitzel.com/2018/12/05/sc...comment-721855

Forrest says the video was made privately.
            But then, Suzanne wants to make a political statement, so the video was sent to " a very visible political commentator hoping that person will play it nationally."

It was private but now it needs to be made public.
            visible = made public.

She then jokes that the "Movement" may have her arrested.
            visible = arresting

visible :
            evidently
            discovered
            happened upon
            located
            mentioned
            OUTSIDE
            referred to
            spoken of
            sighted
            under one's nose
            staring someone in the face
            https://www.classicthesaurus.com/visible
            =======================

In another thread, Tar Bolt asked the first question that popped into my mind - #27
            Using just the words in #195, I came up with a possibility.

With Forrest, it's always possible that there is more than meets the eye.

"She has been very close to Barry for many years …"
            Who is "she", Suzanne, or the political commentator ?
            And for that matter, who is "Barry" ? Is this Barry Manilow, or some other Barry ?
            Experience has taught me that the obvious is not always the correct answer.

To me, the scrapbook may be designed to conceal a message.
            And as always, Forrest wants you to earn it.
            Nobody rides for free.

Well, what I came up with, is that the SB is about two people speaking different languages.
            Think about it.
            =======================

Barry Farber.
            Farber has its roots in "dyer".
            visible = show its colors
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Farber

While at that link, note that Farber, like Forrest, crossed paths with Bella Abzug.

https://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/...om-bella-abzug

Then, if you check out Bella, you'll find that she was a leader in the Women's MOVEMENT.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bella_Abzug
            And if you care to venture that far, you'll then wind up with Kathleen Barry.

Take it or leave it.
            Just making an observation.

Personally, if there is a hint in #195, I am of the opinion that it is visible only to someone who is in the correct location.
            Last edited by ROLL TIDE; Today, 09:56 AM.
            If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
            But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

• I think a lot, but not all, of the scrapbooks contain hidden messages but not to just select searchers or the same people over and over. All you have to do is look for falsehoods. In this example they made it privately, yet they're on stage in front of a live audience with cameras and professional audio. Maybe a benefit or holiday special, but it doesn't look private to me.

The scrapbook with George Montgomery is riddled with holes. I'm not looking it up now but paraphrasing off the top of my poor memory. He says something like George was terrified of flying, and yet he ended up marrying an aviatrix, Anna LINDBERGH. Also the dates of George talking about Fenn Galleries on Dinah's show don't jive with the dates she was on the air. So why does FF lie to us? He must be saying something else. I don't have the answers but I do try to dissect the scrapbooks for their misdirection.

Comment

• The treasure is hidden/buried, right "under one's nose", now all you have to do is find the nose
                All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

• Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
                  The treasure is hidden/buried, right "under one's nose", now all you have to do is find the nose
                  The phantom nose? lol

Dig til you get to the olive.
                  Last edited by RedneckExpress; Today, 11:28 AM.

Comment

The treasure is hidden/buried, right "under one's nose", now all you have to do is find the nose
                    I looked in the mirror.... And you know what? You're right!

Comment

• Hi @Anna Graham
                      Why did you put under one's nose in quotes? Did Forrest say that?

Comment

"Baby, it's dark outside." lol
                        AKA: Buckeye Bob

Comment

• I sense that the lead searcher was yelling "snout there!" this past summer.
                          AKA: Buckeye Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by garnets View Post
                            I think a lot, but not all, of the scrapbooks contain hidden messages but not to just select searchers or the same people over and over. All you have to do is look for falsehoods. In this example they made it privately, yet they're on stage in front of a live audience with cameras and professional audio. Maybe a benefit or holiday special, but it doesn't look private to me.

The scrapbook with George Montgomery is riddled with holes. I'm not looking it up now but paraphrasing off the top of my poor memory. He says something like George was terrified of flying, and yet he ended up marrying an aviatrix, Anna LINDBERGH. Also the dates of George talking about Fenn Galleries on Dinah's show don't jive with the dates she was on the air. So why does FF lie to us? He must be saying something else. I don't have the answers but I do try to dissect the scrapbooks for their misdirection.
                            Suspension of disbelief, it's an an essential ingredient for any kind of storytelling.

Comment

• Originally posted by sadcom View Post
                              Hi @Anna Graham
                              Why did you put under one's nose in quotes? Did Forrest say that?
                              It's a synonym for arrested or arresting, "She joked that the “Movement” may have her arrested."

And Barry Manilow has one of the biggest schnoz's in the entertainment business. Next thing we'll get a video of Suzanne singing a duet with Barbara Streisand or Lady Gaga, poker face.
                              Last edited by Anna Graham; Today, 11:55 AM.
                              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

• "It's cold outside"
                                -----------------------

Oh baby, don't ride your bicycle
                                It will turn your nose into icicle
                                And then, if you sneeze
                                Your brain could seize
                                And we hear the language classical

Comment

Working...
                                X