Close proximity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jessica

I have reviewed every one of his previous books, none had misspellings before the hunt. I think the book misspellings and words / scrap book misspellings are all intentional and give a meaning to something more. This one included.
    I believe it would be too easy to find the hints in the book if they were noted with misspellings.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Toolface View Post

I believe it would be too easy to find the hints in the book if they were noted with misspellings.
      If a letter were omitted from a word like for instance an "L" it might just change a word and give you confirmation of a clue solution. Maybe in a title in TTOTC say.

333 feet from the dirt road to the place the poem takes me to. At least it'll be quick when I get there because as I told the wife, I don't have an "area" to check just a particular point location to stand on and then look around and hope it's within several steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Challenger11 View Post
        If a letter were omitted from a word like for instance an "L" it might just change a word and give you confirmation of a clue solution. Maybe in a title in TTOTC say.

333 feet from the dirt road to the place the poem takes me to. At least it'll be quick when I get there because as I told the wife, I don't have an "area" to check just a particular point location to stand on and then look around and hope it's within several steps.
        BLESSIE AND ME
        BESSIE LAND ME
        GYPSY MAGICL (magical)
        THE LONG RIDEL (riddle) HOME
        LOOKING FOR LEWIS LAND CLARK
        BUFFALO COWL BOYS
        BUFFA LOL COWBOYS
        STOUT-HEART LED MEN
        BLUE JEANS LAND HUGH PUPPIES AGAIN
        BLUE JEANS AND HUSH PULP PIES AGAIN
        TEAL WITH OLGA
        FATHER ON THE BLANCO
        FLYWALTER
        GOLD AND MOREL
        LODE TO PEGGY JEAN
        "Sound the keening bell to see it's painted red, soft as fontanel the feathers in the thread, and all I ever meant to do was to keep you, my crane wife."

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post

BLESSIE AND ME
          BESSIE LAND ME
          GYPSY MAGICL (magical)
          THE LONG RIDEL (riddle) HOME
          LOOKING FOR LEWIS LAND CLARK
          BUFFALO COWL BOYS
          BUFFA LOL COWBOYS
          STOUT-HEART LED MEN
          BLUE JEANS LAND HUGH PUPPIES AGAIN
          BLUE JEANS AND HUSH PULP PIES AGAIN
          TEAL WITH OLGA
          FATHER ON THE BLANCO
          FLYWALTER
          GOLD AND MOREL
          LODE TO PEGGY JEAN
          You got it! Can you see which one it is and why I might use it to verify a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Challenger11 View Post
            You got it! Can you see which one it is and why I might use it to verify a clue.
            I could probably make almost any one of those fit my spot, so I immediately distrust them. That said the ones that tickle my fancy are:

TEAL WITH OLGA
            FATHER ON THE BLANCO
            GOLD AND MOREL
            LODE TO PEGGY JEAN

With the latter two being the most likely. In terms of raw meaning I think LODE TO PEGGY JEAN is laden with feelz.
            "Sound the keening bell to see it's painted red, soft as fontanel the feathers in the thread, and all I ever meant to do was to keep you, my crane wife."

Comment

Originally posted by TimW View Post
              ............LL are you indicating that if I am at the treasure I will not be able to see a trail, regardless of distance?
              This one comment by Forrest has put me in a predicament. I am in a field of grass however, there is a Jeep trail very nearby. Should I discount this proximity comment?
              Imo this Fenn statement, like most others that he makes, probably won't be understood in it's entirety until it's too late to be useful. There's something in it (the statement) imo; imaginative honesty (if that makes sense to anyone but me). Also imo, it ties directly in to other statements. As much as I'd like to give you a straightforward answer based on my opinion I can't because it would reveal more about how I personally see things than I'm comfortable with. I wouldn't dicount the comment but I also woudn't dwell on it. Take it at face value and if you follow the directions the rest should come to you (should there be anymore to it), imo.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLove View Post
                Imo this Fenn statement, like most others that he makes, probably won't be understood in it's entirety until it's too late to be useful. There's something in it (the statement) imo; imaginative honesty (if that makes sense to anyone but me). Also imo, it ties directly in to other statements. As much as I'd like to give you a straightforward answer based on my opinion I can't because it would reveal more about how I personally see things than I'm comfortable with. I wouldn't dicount the comment but I also woudn't dwell on it. Take it at face value and if you follow the directions the rest should come to you (should there be anymore to it), imo.
                The ability to know something is important and yet put it on the backburner is critical in this quest. Catalog, prioritize, rationalize, compartmentalize, synthesize. Architects in my field are defined by a certain comfort with ambiguity, and it has served me well here. I think you have that trait as well, LuckyLove.

Comment

Just my opinion, not that anyone may care...

About 2 months after the f comment about close proximaty to a human trail, f answered another q about roping Cody and doing stupid things. f indicated in his answer that buffalo are not know to attack anything that is not in its close proximity.

YNP says that for safety purposes, one should maintain a distance of 25 yards away from buffalo (bison); so applying this to f's comment of close proximity to buffalo, one could argue that a minimum of 75 feet from a human trail to the chest is that distance. But like Cap't Toolface states above, about 200 feet would seem to be just about right for the distance.

And then there was the SB about 'Pickles'. He didn't want his cousins, once removed, in his close proximity (yet the picture of them together is not what one would call very far away). And Pickles had at least 200 black bass succumb to his allure - probably just an interesting coincidence.

So I suppose Indulgence continues to put forth her allure, hoping to finally attract that one fortunate searcher the last 200 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by TimW View Post
                    what is your interpretation of close proximity? ...[]
                    Just an observation: Forrest words were "very close proximaty", so we have a qualifier that possibly, makes it even closer.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLove View Post
                      Hi TimW , close proximity could be different in different places. Imo, the most practical way to interpret 'close proximity' is whether or not it's within eyeshot.
                      I saw a star that was 93 million miles away. And that was the "close" one. Discussing "close proximity" isn't likely to help anybody find the TC. When FF mentioned "close proximaty", he
                      wasn't being careless or mistaken. You should do your own homework/research on this. I'm not going to hand you the poem's solution on a silver platter.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                        You should do your own homework/research on this. I'm not going to hand you the poem's solution on a silver platter.
                        Thanks for your stellar contribution, Old Pilot. Ag littering example of one of the synonyms in very close proximity to "close:" parsimonious. Parse that!

Comment

Thanks antigroove

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                          ......I'm not going to hand you the poem's solution on a silver platter.
                          Hi Old Pilot , That's pretty obvious

Comment

Thanks jcm22 you put some nice thought into that answer.

Comment

The end of my solve has two ways to walk past it: one is 200 feet from the right and the other is 500 feet to the left. To be close would put you to within 20 feet on either side.

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post

Thanks for your stellar contribution, Old Pilot. Ag littering example of one of the synonyms in very close proximity to "close:" parsimonious. Parse that!
                                That's a clever response; I appreciate it. Here's more . . . since "proximaty" is not a real word, FF could have said "in very close fusswhining", with meaning similar to what he actually said.
                                But then folks ("searchers") would have known he was being nonsensical on purpose. By saying "proximaty" (which people would take to mean "proximity"), he can validly argue -- if, in fact, there is a human trail in very close proximity to the TC -- that he wasn't lying when he mentioned "proximaty". Especially since his words were in writing, rather than spoken. Please try to relax.

Comment

Working...
                                X